Club Arnage
September 22, 2024, 01:33:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Zoning" of Maison Blanche, Bleu sud and nord...  (Read 91881 times)
il Cavallino

Drinking for Holland

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2006, 11:48:03 am »

We'd better bring our own fire truck instead of one extinguisher. Can we fill up de pool with or own water too.

I think the allocation of the piches by size is still the best way to go. I think they should make a more detailed grid map of it up front to calculate size on location by visual references en adding up grids. Shouldn't be too difficult. You just have to make the grid map once and you can use it every year. Just as a reference for the campsite guys to make it a little bit more doable.

And it would be easier for the ACO to make a group ticket buying option. You say how big a pitch you want and they give you a map on which you can indicate the location with a marker. Send it to them, they can easily check the price vs size, send back a confirmation of your spot and price, you pay and before arrival all the group tickets are already market on the fields. Groups happy with having some pressure off for getting their spot. ACO happy because there is no way anyone can argue about their groups spot size and location.

Drinking for Holland
rcutler
« Reply #76 on: December 06, 2006, 11:48:51 am »

71 pitches for DfH and most of those areas were on a bank or tirewall!
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 06, 2006, 11:56:12 am »

OK, I can't work it out.

Can someone give me some points of reference for the map - where were DfH on it?  We were on the corner of the roadway on the way to the temporary toilets, I can't work out where that is either?

I still reckon they'll be hospitality along the fence line......
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2006, 11:58:09 am »

Attached is hopefully a scan of the plan of MB ,the scribblings are me counting up the pitches
This is ridiculous! Angry
According to this map we were at B/10 in '05 and '06. In '06 there was TeamJPC, Rick Cutler, Delboy and us on that same spot. My guess is we had about 30 tickets all together!!

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
il Cavallino

Drinking for Holland

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 06, 2006, 12:08:48 pm »

Really weird allocation this. Very few spots in that area indeed.

Drinking for Holland
IanB
« Reply #80 on: December 06, 2006, 12:17:40 pm »

My interpretation of the map is south is to the top as you look at the scan and the black shaded area is the toilet block
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: December 06, 2006, 12:22:12 pm »

It looks to me like the allocations are a lot smaller than the 7 by 5 meters suggested here. The site we were in covers 72 pitches, as rick said there is a tirewall have way through. Last year we had more than 30 passes for that area and we did not take to much space. Granted, it looked like a huge space in the middel, but consider that we al slept in 3 big tents and this space was devided between JPC, DFH and Delboys crew. How the hell are they going to fit 72 tents and cars in there?Huh

« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 12:23:56 pm by knetter » Logged

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 06, 2006, 12:22:13 pm »

Cheers Ian, that's starting to make sense.  I think what's confusing me is the lack of pitches shown on some of the areas? 

As Paddy says some of the areas absorbed way more people and passes last year? 

Very strange.....
il Cavallino

Drinking for Holland

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 06, 2006, 12:31:40 pm »

It looks to me like the allocations are a lot smaller than the 7 by 5 meters suggested here. The site we were in covers 72 pitches, as rick said there is a tirewall have way through. Last year we had more than 30 passes for that area and we did not take to much space. Granted, it looked like a huge space in the middel, but consider that we al slept in 3 big tents and this space was devided between JPC, DFH and Delboys crew. How the hell are they going to fit 72 tents and cars in there?Huh

Something like this maybe?

Drinking for Holland
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: December 06, 2006, 12:42:19 pm »

71 pitches for DfH and most of those areas were on a bank or tirewall!

Sorry Rick (and knetter and Sebastian), have to correct that. I have taken the part of the map and highlighted our area with a blue circle. Underneath it is the photo from Mogie to visualize this. The ACO have allocated 10 places for the 30+ we had in '06 Angry
The pitches on the right from those 10 are the Beermountain, further right is the Golden Triangle and bogs.

* MBpitch.jpg (91.48 KB, 392x545 - viewed 411 times.)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 12:45:05 pm by Paddy_NL » Logged

Drinking for Holland
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 06, 2006, 12:43:54 pm »

So you only need 10 tickets then!  Must say Paddy, that's the way I read it too.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: December 06, 2006, 12:47:44 pm »

So you only need 10 tickets then!  Must say Paddy, that's the way I read it too.

And that's precisely what I've ordered Wink

Drinking for Holland
il Cavallino

Drinking for Holland

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 06, 2006, 12:49:37 pm »

They probably just left some space open for the crowd on friday night.  Smiley

Drinking for Holland
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 06, 2006, 01:14:07 pm »

Sorry Rick (and knetter and Sebastian), have to correct that. I have taken the part of the map and highlighted our area with a blue circle. Underneath it is the photo from Mogie to visualize this. The ACO have allocated 10 places for the 30+ we had in '06 Angry
The pitches on the right from those 10 are the Beermountain, further right is the Golden Triangle and bogs.

I think you slightly out, Paddy.  The pitches you highlight are to the right of the banking, unless the ACO have zapped that part of the banking up to the trees.

Also, the space we (DfH, JPC, myself and Rick) took went down as far as the roadway, seen quite clearly in the photo. I think we were more in this area:

Del

Team Delboy Racing
rcutler
« Reply #89 on: December 06, 2006, 01:20:47 pm »

Just sussed it THERE IS A ROAD MISSING!!!!!

The one we were camped along is not there. 2-7-13-15-22 are all on the other side of the Road from DfH. 22 was Robbo and The Brethren.

No one would have fit behind us as there was only the tirewall and 2 foot of sand. The space further round the bend consisted of MB raceway and only 3 meter deep pitches for about 30 meters before tarmac.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 01:23:01 pm by Rick Cutler » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: