Club Arnage
September 21, 2024, 11:31:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Zoning" of Maison Blanche, Bleu sud and nord...  (Read 91846 times)
mal
CA Veteran

We are the Flying Baguettes!

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 06, 2006, 01:32:41 pm »

Your right Rick, The FB's were just the other side of the road opposit the entrance to DFH site and your own.

Do we assume they have removed the road, or that they have just missed it off? - the latter seems the safe bet.
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 06, 2006, 01:39:22 pm »

I was just about to say that I didnt think the "roads" were right - couldnt quite put my finger on what was wrong tho!

(As a non-resident I am less familiar than some of you - as I noticed when on exiting MB - no doubt after some CA hospitality - I turned left on my pushbike and ran straight into an unlit tyre wall that hadnt been there the previous year!! -  Embarrassed  )

F
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: December 06, 2006, 01:39:57 pm »

Just sussed it THERE IS A ROAD MISSING!!!!!

Adjusted Wink

* MBpitch2.jpg (144.87 KB, 772x530 - viewed 437 times.)

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: December 06, 2006, 02:03:42 pm »

That looks about right! So if we can get 30 spots in that area again, collectively, the party can go ahaed as planned Grin

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 06, 2006, 02:07:08 pm »

Another thing... if the allocation is 5 x 7 metres... how come the pitches appear to be square?   Surely making them rectangular will throw out the numbering...... or am I just being a bit spacially challenged?

F
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 06, 2006, 02:08:48 pm »

35 square meters is what it says, I think.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 06, 2006, 02:22:43 pm »

Going by this I think SPS would end up with more space than last year, we were about where the 59 is on Paddys plan, we had 8 or 10 passes, but did not use the equivilant of that many little squares. The road behind us is new or was simply used last year, it looks as if its just going to cause hassle and confussion.
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 06, 2006, 05:07:45 pm »

That's more like it - well done Rick for spotting that and Paddy's revision.

What still strikes me is that there are huge unallocated spaces all over the map, and that much space has been left for 'roadways'.

Assuming the squares are 35 sq metres, each square is approx 6 x 6m.  The 'roadways' left are about the same size, so there are 6 metre highways all over the place, which isn't true in practice.  Also, as Ian has stated, 1172 isn't very many.

I'm actually getting a bit concerned because I'm usually one of the first to get the allocation letter (invoice) - being an 'A'.  But if Smokie ('M') has got his, where is mine   Cry Cry Cry.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
IanB
« Reply #98 on: December 06, 2006, 05:12:31 pm »

Del
       I think it goes on the client number, ours is  6 hundred and something if that helps
rcutler
« Reply #99 on: December 06, 2006, 05:19:46 pm »

The blank spaces are gravel or trees I assume. Mind you a tent pitch on Houx three years ago was the top of a sespit and concrete all over.
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 06, 2006, 06:34:00 pm »

The blank spaces are gravel or trees I assume. Mind you a tent pitch on Houx three years ago was the top of a sespit and concrete all over.

My pitch on Houx a few years ago came with its own tree - that made pitching interesting!

There are quite a few missing areas on the pitch layout map - the pitches around the wooded area (with the armco) are missing, and so are the ones inside the wood.

The area where Smokie and co were last year doesn't seem to be included either. 

I wonder what that means?  The areas aren't available for camping or that they are just not shown on the map? 

« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 07:03:09 pm by Piglet » Logged
il Cavallino

Drinking for Holland

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 06, 2006, 06:42:03 pm »

I think they are using a rough allocation because some space will be lost in practice and there will allways be people using a little to much. You can't control that entirely.

And maybe they want to keep some space open to use for tickets sold at the gate or people who couldn't fit in somewhere else. Wouldn't make a lot of sence to use MB for that but they are French.

It would prevent problems though if they would just pre sell it spacious and then sell tickets at the gate from friday for the space that's left. If you buy a ticket for MB and they reject you they are probably obligated to arrange equal accomodation or pay some sort of refund.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 06:45:31 pm by il Cavallino » Logged

Drinking for Holland
powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 06, 2006, 06:53:16 pm »

well it looks more likely that the WANCs wont be bothering this year.I have an allocation of four MBs and 4 Lagache stand tickets,so if I do get offered these I will most likely offer them out to those of you without tickets.By the time the invoice arrives we will have made the final decision
cheers

PM
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 06, 2006, 07:02:09 pm »

well it looks more likely that the WANCs wont be bothering this year.I have an allocation of four MBs and 4 Lagache stand tickets,so if I do get offered these I will most likely offer them out to those of you without tickets.By the time the invoice arrives we will have made the final decision
cheers

PM

Me me me me me please....... Grin

Otherwise I might just stay home and camp in the garden, drink beer and watch motors TV  Sad
keithk
« Reply #104 on: December 06, 2006, 07:27:11 pm »

If it were me and I was the ACO I'd use the area by the track for hospitality suits, sod the putters they don’t matter. Put up a big fence keep the piss heads in the camp site out and charge F*ch knows what for hospitality. The ACO will do what they want, and if the real race fans suffer so what we made money….. there is no point is looking for logic. The ACO are the ACO and as “Piglet” said what are they doing… what they have done makes NO SENCE. It doesn’t provide  assured space, or safety. It’s a waste of time and effort but to the ACO it makes some sort of sense.  Ok so we have all these “zones” but with out “zone” Police what’s the point and if you turn-up and your “zone” is full what…….
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 08:13:46 am by keithk » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: