Club Arnage
September 27, 2024, 09:30:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lewis Hamilton  (Read 3893 times)
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2006, 01:05:40 am »

Not LM, I know.

However, deserved congratulations should go to Lewis Hamilton for securing an F1 seat for next year, with McLaren.

I'm not an F1 fan, but I've watched this young fella drive this season and he has some real skill and ability IMO. If he drives the coming season like he drove the last, I might start watching again.

It's also being reported that he is F1's first black driver. I can honestly say, it never crossed my mind what colour he was. I've seen him drive, interviewed and present. He only struck me as a thoroughly good guy. Good luck to him.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 09:57:52 am »

Here, here Nobby.  Would have been better news if he'd got a drive in Sports Cars, but I guess not for him.
As to the black thing - anything that helps to encourage a different section of society to enter Motor Sport is a good thing.  Let's hope he does for his sport what Tiger Woods has done for golf and the Williams sisters have done for tennis.  If he gets a fan base who support him because of his talent, and not his race, this can only do good for the world as a whole in my opinion too.  A few years ago, several racing (of the four-legged hay-burner variety) pundits were asked what they would like for Christmas.  John Oaksey's response was "I'd like to see the first black champion jockey".  Lewis Hamilton, world champion, Amen to that.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 05:12:28 pm »

Its interesting that for a sport that promotes itself as so cutting edge, that its one of the last disciplines of motor racing to include a black man among its competitors.  Champcar, NHRA, bike racing, even NASCAR, all have broken down the color barriers long before the elitist F1 establishment.  The 2006 AMA Supercross Champion James Stewart is African American.  Its interesting that the AMA Supercross championship is the second most watched (in TV ratings) motor racing series in the US behind NASCAR.
Fax
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 08:32:25 pm »

........It's also being reported that he is F1's first black driver. I can honestly say, it never crossed my mind what colour he was. I've seen him drive, interviewed and present. He only struck me as a thoroughly good guy. Good luck to him.
I didn't know untill it hit the papers.  Its strange that there aren't more, as generally (if I'm allowed to say that) they make good sportsmen, and the only previous one was the american whose was backed by Bill Cosby, whose name I can't remember. 

I'm hoping that this is raw talent shining through, not daddy's cash as with so many F1 drivers (even Senna)

Andy Priaulx's daddy only had enough money for hillclimbs, and with three consecutive international touring car championships under his belt, I get the feeling he could have given Schumaker  a run for his money, but then I'm biased.

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 09:03:58 pm »

It's an interesting point.

Thinking about what a white, male dominated sport motor racing and spectating is has got me thinking.....
I know we have a number of girls on here ( and a good thing too), but do we have a mixture of races, colours and creeds?

It's never crossed my mind before.

Anyone?..........

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 02:13:13 pm »

The ethnography of F1 reflects the basic inequalities that (still) pervade in modern society.  I am gratified to see Lewis making a success in this type of privileged arena and hope he can pave the way for others to follow.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 02:12:10 pm »

I know we have a number of girls on here ( and a good thing too), but do we have a mixture of races, colours and creeds?

It's never crossed my mind before.

Anyone?..........

Being a woman, I cupped my breasts with joy when I read your comment Nobby. The Zarses originate from Khazakstan, which is of course currently in the news because of a certain Mr Borat Sagdiev, and we are I believe related.

* boratzarse.jpg (110.19 KB, 308x429 - viewed 296 times.)

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 02:23:34 pm »

The ethnography of F1 reflects the basic inequalities that (still) pervade in modern society. 

First comes man.
Then comes horse.
Then comes goat.
Then comes woman.
Then comes rat.

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 02:29:01 pm »

Too true Andy, men so often do come before women, but I believe you can get pills for it these days.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 02:31:29 pm by termietermite » Logged

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2006, 02:32:12 pm »

Too true Andy, men so often do come before women, but I believe you can get pills for it these days.

And before the horses and goats but they don't tend to complain so vocally.

PS Don't ask me about the pills either, it was a salutary lesson I can tell you.

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2006, 02:55:15 pm »

PS Don't ask me about the pills either, it was a salutary lesson I can tell you.

So you mentioned  Grin

Steve East Anglian cobras

Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2006, 03:23:51 pm »

Shame he didn't have any sunday  Roll Eyes

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2006, 04:07:22 pm »

I know, you looked like you needed "perking up" after our first visit to the coffee shop.  Wink

Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2006, 04:42:38 pm »

Too true my friend!

I think that set the tone for the night.

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: