Club Arnage
September 27, 2024, 07:16:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recommend some music please...  (Read 5009 times)
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: November 18, 2006, 03:15:05 pm »

Help me out here please guys  Grin

We're trying to put together a couple of hours of CD music for the afternoon of our wedding.  I'm thinking of "easy listening" (why do I think beige slacks here  Grin) jazz, blues type music - perfect for standing around with a beer or a coffee and cream tea.

I'm stuck though as my eclectic taste in music (ACDC through to Chris de Burgh!) doesn't include this.

Any suggestions?  Even better could someone loan me some CD's?

Thanks all - not long until June..... Grin

Piglet
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 05:24:17 pm »

More Mr Termite's thing than mine so I'll ask him but my first suggestions are George Sheering, Fourplay, early George Benson (the non-vocal stuff), or perhaps just the old classic stuff, if you're into vocalists like Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Nat King Cole - I'm sure you'd find some sample tracks on the net.
http://www.fourplayjazz.com/
http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/music/artist/listenwatch/0,,492127,00.html#artist_name
and lots of clips to listen to on the second site
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 05:34:47 pm by termietermite » Logged

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
rcutler
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 05:29:31 pm »

The "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" album was quite good.

Not very good at choosing music though.
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 07:10:50 pm »

Miles Davies and Chet Baker are two of my faves for mellow moments.  Stevie Ray Vaughan for sommat a bit more toe tapping but bluesy.

F
il Cavallino

Drinking for Holland

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2006, 08:15:21 pm »

I don't know what kind of easy listening you really want but some things I've got that would suit the occassion in my opinion are De-Phazz, Buena Vista Social Club, Fila Brazillia, Us3, Gare du Nord, Jazzamor, Kyoto Jazz Massive, Nina Simone and I've got some vasious artists albums on that.

I think this is mostly quite modern stuff in the category you mention. I think very suitable. If you want I can put in on a dvd and give to one of the Ca guys coming over next weekend then they can send it to you when they are back. If you don't like it you can always throw it away. DVDs don't cost a thing anymore nowadays.

Drinking for Holland
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2006, 08:28:17 pm »

Ditto, Piglet, if any of this stuff interests you, can post CDs to you no probs.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2006, 10:17:54 pm »

We're trying to put together a couple of hours of CD music for the afternoon of our wedding. 

Congratulations Piglet,  sorry can't offer any insights into easy listening, not really our 'scene', apart from a little Sinatra , Harry Connick Jr or Natalie's dad.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2006, 12:25:24 am »

Anita, I have three CD's that are Nightflite, Nightflite 2 and Nightflite 3. Easy listening, several of them lovey dovey styley. More than happy to copy them for you!!

If you have a more specific choice (and I'm sure I'm not the only one iwth this facility) but I could copy any collection of songs into a playlist in iTunes and then burn them to CD(s) for you if that helps?

It's a real shame that the two of you won't be joining us in Sebring, but we will raise a glass or ten to you both anyway!!

As an aside, if you are arranging your own receptiona nd need some optics/glasses/measures and/or disco lights and stands, let me know as I can probably help there too!!
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2006, 12:53:46 am »

It's a real shame that the two of you won't be joining us in Sebring, but we will raise a glass or ten to you both anyway!!
Make that a bottle or ten Mark, we're gonna drink American style remember? Grin

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
keithk
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2006, 07:10:55 am »

Anita, I have three CD's that are Nightflite, Nightflite 2 and Nightflite 3. Easy listening, several of them lovey dovey styley. More than happy to copy them for you!!

If you have a more specific choice (and I'm sure I'm not the only one iwth this facility) but I could copy any collection of songs into a playlist in iTunes and then burn them to CD(s) for you if that helps?

As an aside, if you are arranging your own receptiona nd need some optics/glasses/measures and/or disco lights and stands, let me know as I can probably help there too!!

Thanks for the music offer Piglet will contact you asap  (she’s away in London on business)

We are arranging our own reception but Piglets father manages the local village hall which has a very well stocked bar(or it will be by the 3rd of Feb, but may require restocking by the 4th)  ….and we have hired the local "disco man" for Saturday night.   Thanks for the offer of stuff but we should be ok.

We would have loved to get to Sebring but just cannot we will one day soon. LM is on for 07, Spa 24, 2CV 24, and my be Moto 24 again, we could be late to LM as we have asked to be at DTM we may need some space "earmarked" on Monday until we get there looks like driving from Brands on Sunday afternoon.

The plans for the wedding are progressing on schedule.  The guest list is expanding rapidly so far we have people travelling from far and wide and a few drivers are attending some with good LM pedigrees,  our main problem is the Guildhall has a fire certificate for 50 people and we have about 150 or more turning up,  so it’ll be nearest and dearest plus those who have sharp elbows (part of Piglets family are German so they’ll be at the front).  There is a very good webcam in Lyme Regis so we plan to stand in front of it so those who are unable to attend can see us......
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2006, 06:00:10 pm »

Have a beer and a smile guys Grin
http://www.drinkingforholland.com/Paddy/thesicknote.mp3

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Jason
CA Veteran

Has anyone booked my hospital room?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2006, 08:44:33 pm »

Don't worry guys. I'll look after them so they reach the season in one piece. (not nesecarily the wedding night though! Tongue )

Keith, Now I find out about the webcam!!! Shocked

Piglet, will have a look at some music in my colection for you.

Wooosh!!!!
keithk
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2006, 07:25:44 am »

http://www.lymeregiswebcam.com/ its steerable click "marine theatre" and then "change view" the stone wall is the car park for the guildhall
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 04:39:37 pm by keithk » Logged
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2006, 08:27:03 pm »

Cheers all, firstly apologies for posting and running last week Grin

Il Cavallino - YHM (well you will do in a minute!) - thanks very much.

JP - The three CD's sound fab, I'd clearly not suggest that you breach copyright by copying them but if you'd like to "loan" them to me I'd be very grateful  Wink Grin     As KK said we seem to be sorted for most other things - the Disco guy has a good selection of 80's disco pop so I'm ready for that  Grin    The bar is fully equipped and we're off to France at the start of Jan to fill the boot up with wine and champagne (with no corkage charge!).   

If anyone has contacts we are potentially short of catering equipment - pots, trays etc as we're DIY'ing the catering (fish & chips (from the chippy!)  and chilli n rice - it's a classy wedding  Grin), we're still working through the details at the moment.   

Paddy - song is fab  Grin

Thanks again  Grin

Piglet

Apolgies for the over use of smilies  Grin
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 08:29:12 pm by Piglet » Logged
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2006, 10:36:34 pm »

My friend played Aldo Nova - "Nova's Dream " prior to his wedding service. One of my favourite chill out albums, but only I and he knew what the music actually was that was playing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: