Club Arnage
September 24, 2024, 11:33:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dogs at Le Mans!  (Read 5142 times)
mikeosoft
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2006, 07:49:14 pm »

Can anyone tell me what the situation is re: having a dog with you on the campsites? We're looking at booking into Houx (we're BOFs!), are dogs allowed?
Any advice welcome...thanks,
Mike
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 08:44:17 pm »

Back in '04 I saw a Frenchman with his dog camping at Beaséjour. Haven't got a clue whether this is officially allowed. Maybe he was befriended with the gate crew, or even part of them.
I thought of taking my dog myself once, but visualizing a very crowded Maison Blanche and absolutely nowhere for the dog to do it's 'deeds' made me think the better of it.

You also have to realise the hearing ability of a dog is far stronger than a human being, so the 24 hour race might do it's head in a little Undecided

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 09:07:45 pm »

Hi Mike

I have been on most of the campsites over the years and never seen a dog (the canine variety) on any of them.  Having said that, I have never seen any regulations prohibitting them.

I have to say, as a dog-lover myself, that LM is about the last place I would take my dogs to - my reasons being:

- the campsites are crowded - no space for the dogs to roam and may upset other campers
- where would you 'exercise' them
- there is considerable noise and activity which could unsettle them
- there are considerable quantities of fireworks set off over the weekend, which definitely WOULD upset mine
- most years it is very hot at LM, so you would not be able to 'lock them away' in a vehicle
- although I love my dogs, I also love LM, and having to look after dogs would restrict some activities/enjoyment

This latter point I speak from a measure of experience.  I had to take one of my dogs to Donington this year (it was a case of taking thye dog or not going).  Although most of the reasons above were not valid there, the latter was certainly true.

I have seen the odd dog in the viewing areas at LM, and always felt they were a pain in the *rse in the crowded confines of the spectator areas.

So my advice would be NOT to take dogs to LM - leave them at home or put them in kennels - if you happen to be in France with the dog(s), combining a holiday with a visit to LM, there are kennels in France which are equally as good and cheaper than the UK.

Finally, you say you are 'looking at booking Houx' - when for, 2008??  I doubt you will get a ticket for any campsite other than BSJ at this time for 2007, unless you can find one on *Bay, or on the Sell/Swap section of this forum.

Not knocking you, just giving you my views.

Hope this helps

Del

Team Delboy Racing
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 09:20:20 pm »

Only seen Frenchmen with dogs at Le Mans.

But I have eaten something from one of those food vendors that could have been dog!

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 09:36:56 pm »

I had a burger this year that tasted as if it passed through a dog.

I've only seen French men with dogs but never on the campsites so at leadt they can take the animal away from the noise and crowds.

Very good responce Del you covered it all. How is Milo by the way?

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 10:49:49 pm »

Thanks Bob.

Milo's 'problem' at Donington turned out to be an infection of the throat - maybe from the same source as your eye infection  Cool Cool.  It swelled up at times which meant he had difficulty breathing.  A visit to the vet, a few days on antibiotics, a cheque for £35, and he quickly recovered.

He enjoyed Donington, and like to think all the CA'ers there enjoyed him - but LM is a totally different ballgame.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 12:26:21 am »

In 2006, there was a guy in a caravan behind us on MB, he was a mate of Stu's, he had a small dog with him.

What with the noise of the cars and more importently the noise from all the fireworks, the thing was a jibbering wreck by the end of the week end.

My advice leave the dog at home,

(go with your mates but dont forget to phone her. thought I would get that in before Big H. ) Wink
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 12:33:55 am by Brian(Liverpool boys) » Logged

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2006, 06:16:20 am »

WHY! Would anyone ever consider bringing a animal to a motor racing event?  Probably the worst idea possible.  Lets see...Large crowd (most of which pissed to the eyeballs), fireworks, loud cars...What could possibly go wrong?
At most North American venues there's a strict "No Critters" policy. At Mid-Ohio the "German Shepherd that ate the monkey" story is still brought up.
Survey says?....Nah!
Fax
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 06:21:53 am by Fax MKII » Logged
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2006, 10:23:06 am »

There are few places in France where dogs are not welcome and LM is no exception.  However, I agree with the senitments expressed above.  You'd have to have a pretty exceptional dog to put up with all the noise, he/she would certainly need ear plugs (this is not a joke.)  I do know of a very good boarding kennels nearby if that is of any help.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2006, 01:47:57 pm »

Milo's 'problem' at Donington turned out to be an infection of the throat - maybe from the same source as your eye infection  Cool Cool.

I doubt it, the source of my eye infection was getting so pissed I forgot to / or couldn't take out my contact lenses Roll Eyes

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2006, 09:27:47 pm »

Used to see families walking their dogs on sunday morning. Always assumed they were local families, so the dogs didn't stay long.
There was also one spotted in the pit lane one year,  that was back in the days when the pits seemed just as crowded as the stands.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2006, 01:45:43 am »

I have seen dogs walking around with their people in the village, and back a couple of years ago (was it 03 or 04?) some moron was being lambasted over radio Le Mans about leaving some poor bugger of a dog in a car during the daytime.

I really do advise NOT doing it.

The noise

the people walking around in a crush with Fido dangerously underfoot

As remarked the fireworks ( I remember Nick's reaction to the first fire work we heard at night on HA years ago!)

Just dont bring him please

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: