Club Arnage
July 05, 2024, 08:25:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: In The Lap Of The Gods  (Read 11263 times)
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2006, 11:36:54 am »

.... And you're being far too modest about the Red Ensign brigade being a haulage business.  When we do our job and people shoot at us, we have stuff to shoot back with - utmost admiration for those who do their stuff hauling what we need around without that benefit.

MG Mark

Thanks Mark, all we had on the VLCCs in the Persian Gulf during the Iran / Iraq war was a 10 bar fire pump and 4 fire monitors on the deck - could spray a nice plume of water  Roll Eyes
Oh, and the captain had a revolver in the ship's safe!

Steve East Anglian cobras

mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2006, 11:52:26 am »

Oh, and the captain had a revolver in the ship's safe!

Heartening to know that you had such a extensive defensive array at your beck and command, even if its original purpose was to quell mutiny by insubordinate crew, rather than repelling the enemy or shooting down appproaching missiles.  We've got a brilliant joint Navy/Air approach to maximise flexibility and cost-effectiveness now..........

MG Mark

* secret_weapon.jpg (50.52 KB, 580x386 - viewed 291 times.)

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2006, 12:09:15 pm »

The Red Duster did sterling work during recent conflicts, who can we turn too in the next, with less and less UK Maritime ships on the register.  No doubt 'Tone has an answer.

But, in all reality the red duster must have a common language, esprit de corps, etc, so c'mon Steve, tell us some of the tales.  Did you ever take you turn in the barrel as midshipman easy or the chief stoker show the gleaming golden rivet or the bitter end!!
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2006, 12:16:02 pm »

To be fair, it said on the news today that this one is coming on line today with the Fleet Auxillary.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2006, 12:17:42 pm »

But, in all reality the red duster must have a common language, esprit de corps, etc, so c'mon Steve, tell us some of the tales.  Did you ever take you turn in the barrel as midshipman easy or the chief stoker show the gleaming golden rivet or the bitter end!!

You'll be asking him if Master Bates ran up the Jolly Roger to inspect Seaman Stains next........

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2006, 12:20:20 pm »

To be fair, it said on the news today that this one is coming on line today with the Fleet Auxillary.

Along with the new generation aircraft carrier............

MG Mark

* Mini-CV.jpg (33.14 KB, 570x428 - viewed 256 times.)

Ferrari Spider
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2006, 12:26:12 pm »

To be fair, it said on the news today that this one is coming on line today with the Fleet Auxiliary.

MG Mark

would that be one of the last Tomcat movements?  can you believe 36 years of operation, i can remember seeing the first ones here in the UK it doesn't seem that long ago Huh
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2006, 12:34:13 pm »

MG Mark

I like the way they've got it coned off yet there is seemingly no guard rail on the barge. Madness.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2006, 12:35:56 pm »

would that be one of the last Tomcat movements?  can you believe 36 years of operation, i can remember seeing the first ones here in the UK it doesn't seem that long ago Huh

Not sure when it was taken, but it has indeed been a few sad years recently with types going out of service - SR-71, F-14,  Canberra, Sea Harrier and even the retirement of the prototype F-117s now ,to name but a few, with Jaguar on its way out next year.  And no it really doesn't seem that long ago when they all first came into service. Sad

MG Mark  

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2006, 12:47:56 pm »

You've been reading those war comics again Peter.

Midshipman - WTFs that - I was a marine engineer, I hit things with really big hammers.

Ferrari Spider
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2006, 01:00:49 pm »

MG Mark

I like the way they've got it coned off yet there is seemingly no guard rail on the barge. Madness.

and another thing, how's the driver supposed to steer the bloody thing with that plane in the way Grin
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2006, 01:03:53 pm »

You've been reading those war comics again Peter.

Midshipman - WTFs that - I was a marine engineer, I hit things with really big hammers.

sounds like some of the engineering I went through, didn't like all that dirty stuff, crawling into boilers with the chipping hammer, oil line heaters going US on a 3500 sec grade oil, such fun, how we look back on it and larf, like f**k we do. Grin
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2006, 01:07:38 pm »

... oil line heaters going US on a 3500 sec grade oil, ...

Break out the shovels  Roll Eyes

Ferrari Spider
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2006, 01:13:31 pm »

always entertaining when the delivery lorry arrived, keeping it hot enough until it reached the tank!!  High pressure steam boilers, always loved doing the blow down!!

Have you ever seen the boiler lining after it has run dry and a numpty opens up the fill valve and pours in cold water into a hot boiler.  TWISTED Grin
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2006, 09:10:13 pm »

I only said I was going to watch a DVD for crying out loud.
This forum gets more cliquey every time I dip back in. It's not for me anymore. Goodbye everyone.
Steve

I tested negative for patience.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: