Club Arnage
July 08, 2024, 05:52:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kids  (Read 12570 times)
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2006, 04:38:49 pm »

Speaking of sons and Sebring.My sons birthday is March 25th.One week after the race.

So picture this.My wife is ready to drop a kid any minute.I being Amazing Randy"The All Knowing",just knew the doctors had no idea when this kid was coming.So I headed off to Sebring with a cell phone the size of a large brick.I told my wife if anything happens I can be there 2 1/2 hrs.

So I was was blessed in two ways.
I had a beautiful son.[looks a lot like his dad]
I would not  have to miss Sebring for his birthday.

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2006, 04:49:18 pm »

Cherish your sons and daughters.

I'm off to the hospital in a few minutes to see how the little chap is doing. Another severe asthma attack last night has put him back in there.

Despite being only 2 and a half and in a fair bit of distress, we weren't allowed to leave for the hospital until he had his sword and hammer (plastic thankfully).

I think I will have my hands full when he's of a Le Mansable age.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2006, 06:33:23 pm »

My lad had bad asthma when he was small, but he grew out of it.  Keep your fingers crossed.

I think it may have put him off Le Mans though
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 06:38:59 pm by Lorry » Logged

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2006, 07:45:54 pm »

The daughter's the one that watches racing with me.  Roll Eyes
Now that's what I like to hear, chop!  But beware, you never know how she might turn out (hint, my Dad got me started too.)

She didn't have much of a choice.  I got her early, and started with proper cars.  Grin

Picture Link

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2006, 07:51:22 pm »

I am too young to have children

Blimey Robspot,
Do you mean you haven't reached puberty yet? I'm sure when I bumped into you in June you had a bit of a stubble, -although to be fair, it's bad form (but not unheard of, I admit) to ask for a look at someones tackle when you've only just met them.
I was reading the other day that some geneticist in San Diego has grown a teenager on the head of a mouse!! Now how much trouble is he going to be?
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2006, 08:16:32 pm »

Cherish your sons and daughters.

I'm off to the hospital in a few minutes to see how the little chap is doing. Another severe asthma attack last night has put him back in there.

Despite being only 2 and a half and in a fair bit of distress, we weren't allowed to leave for the hospital until he had his sword and hammer (plastic thankfully).

My thoughts and prayers are with him.Hope this is short bout,and you have him back at home soon.

I also had severe Asthma is a kid,spent alot time in the hospital with bouts of pneumonia.

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2006, 08:33:36 pm »

The daughter's the one that watches racing with me.  Roll Eyes
Now that's what I like to hear, chop!  But beware, you never know how she might turn out (hint, my Dad got me started too.)

She didn't have much of a choice.  I got her early, and started with proper cars.  Grin

Picture Link
Somewhere in the dungeons I have a pic of David Piper at Oulton park leaning against the -then new - 250 LM which he had just bought.  It is one of my treasures (taken on my old Instamatic).  Imagine your daughter posting your pic on the web in 40-odd years' time!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 10:22:38 am by termietermite » Logged

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2006, 12:25:41 am »

Wipe your feet!

* calvin.jpg (54.28 KB, 700x263 - viewed 257 times.)

Steve East Anglian cobras

wadespeed1

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2006, 12:47:00 am »

Amazing1,

That "all knowing" condition must be prevelant amongst fans of endurance race fans. My first daughter was due in early November of 1998 and I was sure that the doctors threw in a week just to be safe. I attended the inaugural Petit Lemans on Oct. 10 feeling confident. The baby came 10 days later on Oct. 20. That's cutting it close.

The better part of the story is that I am quite certain that my first was conceived immediately upon my return from the 24hrs of Daytona that year.

As if to restoree balance to the universe, my second Daughter was born Feb. 2. 2001. The Thursday prior to the 24 hours of Daytona, thus preventing me from attending that once great event for the next five years. Paybacks are hell.

No Panic,

At 14 they are too strong to fight, too smart to trick, but you can always embarass the sh@t out of him at evry turn. You have the advantage!
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2006, 03:42:10 am »

Nobby:

Hope your little fella's fine and soon back to defending the neighborhood with his weapons of choice (plastic of course)!
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2006, 10:25:26 am »

This puts me in mind of a race meeting (of the four-legged, hayburner variety) at, if I remember rightly, Sandown Park, when a pregnant woman gave birth in the car park.  John Framcombe remarked "lots of kids have been conceived there but I think that's the first birth!)

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2006, 11:26:08 am »

The better part of the story is that I am quite certain that my first was conceived immediately upon my return from the 24hrs of Daytona that year.

That's the last thing on my mind when I get back from Le Mans, I need sleep.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
paultarsey

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2006, 11:53:05 am »

Don't worry, it DOES get better.  My son is now 26 and great company.  He is a good friend and we get on really well.  Ten years ago we would probably have set fire to each other given the chance.  There is light at the end of the tunnel if you are lucky.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2006, 12:50:54 pm »

I agree with that Paul. My son is almost 22 and has just about returned from the dark side, he even managed to buy me a pint without being prompted a couple of weeks ago. He is coming to Le Mans with us next year (last time was when he was 13) I am really looking forward to that.

I know that you are probably all thinking, "Bob dosn't look old enough to have a 22 year old son" but, yes I have Grin

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2006, 01:06:07 pm »

Good luck with your son, my other half and my son both suffer with this. So I know it can be a problem.

I'm just back from the dentist, a nice big filling!.
So now I know my son can be a pain but not at times, but these are things are growing pains. - Oh well when he's grown up he can buy be a pint.

I did tell he I prefer the old victorian values -
Children should be seen and not heard!
now shut up and get up that chimney.

Oh yea, he has just discovered lighters and how to made your own flame thrower!
(wheres my insurance policy)

Actually its not a big worry, just when he does it with his odd/strange/stupid friends. Responsabilty is a big question!

thanks all for the advice so far.  By the records, I was perfect  angel when I was growing up,
just from a mad family - brother who blew up a swimming pool and things like that.

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: