Club Arnage
October 06, 2024, 10:26:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hunaudieres Viewing  (Read 1807 times)
IanS
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2006, 10:00:44 pm »

Driving past on Friday I noticed substantial fencing was in place in front of both restaurants but no green screening.  Was it possible to view either practice or the race this year from Hunaudieres, or did the fun police arrive and block out with green screen as in past few years?

Any one spend any time here, it used to be so good.   
Gate 7
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 10:17:36 pm »

sorry to say the fencing in effect goes to roof top height!!  The green screen goes above 6ft, so not much chance of spectating from here.  although i have seen the odd report of determined individuals that have found away of getting to parts of the Mulsanne without a hindered view, normally at night, the Gendarmes take a dim view if you get caught.

its all rather nanny state, at least we'll be safe from car breaking up Huh  i s'pose the next thing will be to stop the drinking and general merry making and have mandatory church parade
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 08:57:07 am »

My feed merchant (don't ask) has his premises on the Hunaudieres straight.  His brother in law spent the entire race there one year (once he was in, he couldn't get out!)  Apparently he was bored witless after the first couple of hours after the novelty had warn off!
Sadly, the restaurant is now very difficult to watch from but nothing beats the experience of sitting there having dinner listening to the cars going past. Even though the view is virtually non-existant now, it's still worth doing.  Doesn't match up to the old days though when you could sit inside upstairs and watch the circuit through the window.

Jacky Ickx was at the restaurant the other day at the official opening under the new owners.  Hopefully, we'll get out there for a meal some time in the next few months to check out what they've done.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: