Club Arnage
October 06, 2024, 08:31:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brands Hatch This weekend?  (Read 3428 times)
rcutler
« on: October 31, 2006, 09:18:21 pm »

I am popping along to Brands this weekend to see some truck racing along with the Classic Touring Car Cup and the winter Formula Renault. There is even Formula Women on Saturday! I am staying in the free campsite at the circuit on Friday and Saturday Nights (There are NO facilities!). Anyone else going along for a final bit of motorsport this year?
Jason
CA Veteran

Has anyone booked my hospital room?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 11:42:40 pm »

Had a choice, but the Walter Hayes Trophy meeting at Silverstone took my fancy instead.

Brands should be a good meeting, but camping!!!??!!!!

Wooosh!!!!
rcutler
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 12:10:35 am »

I have a motorhome with Gas Central Blown Air heating so it is not really camping. Hot Water heater but most importantly there is a fridge so we will have cold beer!
Muzorewa

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 08:04:40 am »

A few of the BeerMountain crew are going, Muz (plus mini-muzzes), mayo90, EssexWurzel, JackTheHat, JohnTheFoot, Patmando and SirTainly.  We should be assembling on the south bank with official 633 Scooter Squadron flags etc.

As for camping, it's November.  We've booked into a rather classy Travelodge  Grin
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 09:44:41 am »

Trayboy called me the other day and he's going , I may possibly come along too as I only live 15 mins from Brands. All really depends on the hangover or if I decide to go shooting instead. Hmmm, not sure.

Rusty  Huh

The Brethren Rock
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 08:40:07 pm »

Nope, Brands last weekend and next weekend, but it's the delights of Snetterton for me this weekend Roll Eyes Grin
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 12:13:33 am »

sorry Rick, bit of early winter training for me on the bike in Kielder Forest and the lower reaches of Scotland ... prefer two wheels to four and fancy joining me? lol
rcutler
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 12:17:20 am »

sorry Rick, bit of early winter training for me on the bike in Kielder Forest and the lower reaches of Scotland ... prefer two wheels to four and fancy joining me? lol

Would love to go out riding this weekend especially in the lower reaches of Scotland but I had one of the annoying London Underground barriers attack my bad knee and am not riding much again. Love riding in Scotland much more fun then Central London! Plan to be back on the bike and riding the PBP next year though!
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2006, 02:33:18 pm »

Truck racing, no, never ever never again! Grin
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2006, 11:37:59 am »

Would love to go out riding this weekend especially in the lower reaches of Scotland but I had one of the annoying London Underground barriers attack my bad knee and am not riding much again. Love riding in Scotland much more fun then Central London! Plan to be back on the bike and riding the PBP next year though!

Sorry to hear about the knee Rick! Weekend ride was fantastic. Only did a 50 miler thru Kielder and into Scotland then back again but plenty of bumpy bits to work the ol legs! Locked the front changer so I had to use smaller chainring only (trying to force myself to increase cadence!) still managed to exceed 40mph downhill a few times though!

Good luck with PBP next year then, don't think I'll ever be up to that!

Cheers

Rick

* DSC00175ws.jpg (39.98 KB, 360x480 - viewed 195 times.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: