Club Arnage
August 29, 2024, 10:17:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the Great "Hello, I'm online, but don't post anything" - topic  (Read 16761 times)
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« on: October 30, 2006, 01:05:58 pm »

It seems that time of year again. Lots of people online, but apparently nothing interesting enough going on worth a reply.

So here's a rubbish topic...
• How was your weekend?
• What's the weather like in the UK?
• What are you having for diner tonight?

I do see Steve Brown has finally checked out for the weekend though Wink

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
rcutler
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 01:09:49 pm »

Weekend:- was spent working, overtime to pay for Seb**ng
Weather:- It is raining! It is England you know!
Dinner:- Don't know I can't cook! Will have to see what is cooked for me Grin

This time next month we will be getting over the weekend in Rotterdam!
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 01:11:58 pm »

This time next month we will be getting over the weekend in Rotterdam!
Ah, yeah. Easier to talk about nothing than getting nothing onto a keyboard Grin

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 01:20:09 pm »

That's typical of the youth of today, take take take Roll Eyes. Maybe you should learn to cook Rick, you don't know what you are missing.

Wouldn't it be nice just for once to say " You sit down and relax Mum I will cook for you tonight"

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Robbo
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

"ANTHEM"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 01:20:29 pm »

Weekend was great, found superb venue for my wedding next December! so it doesn't interfere with Motorsport season!

Weather overcast but then hey its Monday!!

I believe I have some Cauliflower Cheese left over from yesterday!!

Pessimist - Glass half empty
Optimist - Glass half full
Engineer - Glass twice as big as needed
rcutler
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 01:24:15 pm »

That's typical of the youth of today, take take take Roll Eyes. Maybe you should learn to cook Rick, you don't know what you are missing.

Wouldn't it be nice just for once to say " You sit down and relax Mum I will cook for you tonight"

I would but then I work until 5pm then commute home for 2 hours, when I get home everyone is starving so they would hardly want to wait another hour for food! Mum gets in at 4.10 so it is usally ready when I get home. BTW i do want a job closer to home!
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2006, 01:32:58 pm »

• How was your weekend?

1.  Very nice thank you!  Few beers Friday night, bit of shopping Saturday, household chores and Moto GP on telly Sunday.  Didnt go to the gym tho which should have been on my "To Do" list.  Cheesy

2. Unbelievably - its bright and sunny in Manchester, blue skies!

3.  Chilli chicken from the Sainsburys "just cook" range with a medley of steamed vegetables.  Fresh pineapple for dessert. 

Got to do 30 mins treadmill and 30 mins swimming first tho (provided the bloke with the unbelieveably splashy swimming technique isnt there - I think its the swimming equivalent to the "I've got unfeasibly large gonads so I have to sit with legs wide apart on the bus" phenomenon!).  Angry

F

Muzorewa

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2006, 01:37:40 pm »

• How was your weekend?

Weekend excellent, not much to do on Saturday except drink large quantities of red wine.  Sunday, as there is a lack of motorsport on at the moment (winter or something) I took the kids to a youth motorcycle trial:

Kids as young as 6 (they had bikes with centrifugal clutches & no gears) but the 8-9 year olds were on proper bikes with clutches & gearboxes.  A wide range of skill on offer (from hopeless to 'Dad, how did he manage that?') - even girls having a go as well!

Weather dry & sunny but forecast for rain later  Sad

Dinner - various tapas plus the ubiquitous tortilla española.  And more red wine  Grin
rcutler
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2006, 01:41:42 pm »

The kid three doors down from me is the current under 18 UK champion in trials biking. As we have no private land round here he practices on a mountain bike then turns up at the trials with the motorbike and seems to win every time!
Pieter
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2006, 01:47:32 pm »

• How was your weekend?
Pretty good! Saturday I did some shopping (trousers, pans, Japanese kitchen knife) and did some work on the book. Sunday I wanted to do that as well, but I was too pissed from all the wine I got for my birthday, so basically I was a couch potato yesterday.

Wet, I presume

I'm having a stew for dinner and yes, I made it myself  Tongue
Muzorewa

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2006, 01:53:50 pm »

The kid three doors down from me is the current under 18 UK champion in trials biking. As we have no private land round here he practices on a mountain bike then turns up at the trials with the motorbike and seems to win every time!
Some of these kids were really good, amazing balance and fearless - some of the obstacles would do you a serious injury if you got it wrong.  One of the girls was the British schoolgirl champ.

See if your neighbour was at Cowdale near Buxton (Derbyshire) yesterday.  If so he was probably one of the few who knew what he was doing, the rest were no-hopers
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2006, 02:00:14 pm »

Had a fair weekend, went to a tryout fridaynight, grocery shopping on saturday afternoon, and a pissup with friends during the evening/night. yesterday used for regenerating from the pissup....

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2006, 02:06:23 pm »

Well Friday night the cat had gone missing, and after the usual interrogation, I discovered the cause.  It had been to the Vets, so Saturday morning was spent hoovering up fleas and defumigating the house and then the cat.  The afternoon was mainly sat upside down in the wifes car looking for a water leak under the dashboard, whilst a friend hosed it down.  It took ages to start dribbling, with more and more dashboard and trim being removed.  Finally the mastic gun was applied to a plastic grommet.  So a successful day all in all, till dinner.  I think that the lasagne was made out of cornflake packets.

Sunday was the Machine Mart sale, but the aluminium trolley jack I wanted isn't in stock yet, so it was back for early drinks, roast beef and too much Cotes du Rhone.

Last week was far more interesting.  I went to Orange.  Anyone know where that is?

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2006, 02:11:51 pm »

Orange.  Anyone know where that is?

If you mean the one in France I do!  Lovely little town.

I spent a week near there in September - lots of nice wineries thereabouts and the Dentelles for walking up n down to clear the head.

I imagine that is where this week's Cote du Rhone came from!

F

Pieter
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2006, 02:14:07 pm »

If you mean the one in France I do!  Lovely little town
Actually, that place is responsible for the dutch wearing orange.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: