Club Arnage
September 24, 2024, 01:22:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Club Arnage - access problems?  (Read 7450 times)
Rich - Team Gulp Racing
CA Veteran

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2006, 11:17:46 pm »

I've just managed to gain access to the CA forum (in fact any URL with the words clubarnage in) since being 'locked out' for about two weeks. It seems my browser or firewall or something just didn't like Club Arnage (kept getting access error messages - but ONLY for Club Arnage).

I tried checking my firewall and found nothing - then googled < Club Arnage Firewall > and the results are really quite worrying - now I'm no boffin but lots of sites have the words 'club' and 'arnage' alongside lots of other scary virussy and scammy looking stuff.

Anyone else had problems?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 11:21:57 pm by Rich - Team Gulp Racing » Logged

Team Gulp Racing     - Established 1997

Le Mans 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007...
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 11:26:10 pm »

Well yours is the first complaint I've had...and others have been posting - so I guess it's at your end!

I did the Google, intersting how prominent RS2 Babe is innit! Otherwise it looks just weird - but probably nothing to worry about.

Glad you've found your way back anyway!  Wink
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 11:33:51 pm »

YEP, I've had this a few times, reported to Smokie, with the same response.  So its not new, it does happen and its not funny.  no rhyme or reason just nothing, the first time it was a couple of days the last was for a few weeks.  Didn't matter if i tried IE, Firefox or Netscape.

anguished of Southampton
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 11:34:44 pm »

Peter, do you need a hug  Wink

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 11:39:05 pm »

Peter, do you need a hug  Wink

only if you have my big eye Wink  now get back onto topic Grin
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2006, 12:15:35 am »

Maybe you are using the same ISP?
rcutler
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2006, 02:42:54 am »

Maybe you are using the same ISP?

JP had a problem accessing the site the other night while i was on the phone to him I was able to access the site. I would recon that it is an ISP issue.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2006, 09:15:38 am »

It'd be handy if people could note the exact error they are seeing when reporting it.

ISPs do quite frequently have prtoblems with their DNS routing tables, so an IE Explorer Cannot Find Page message (even when other pages are OK) is likely to be a problem somewhere other than the CA server host.

If you open a DOS window (run CMD) and type tracert www.clubarnage.com then you will see the route it is taking to reach the web site. If it doesn't even recognise www.clubarnage.com ("Unable to resolve target system" then the problem is in your ISP DNS routing tables.

If it starts the trace but never reaches the destination, then the problem is with one of the relays along the way. My route to www.clubarnage.com currently involves 19 hops so there is plenty of scope for one being at fault. Eventually routing tables may be automatically updated to bypass a failed hop but this may not happen for a long long time.

Or it may not be a completely failed hop. The step may simply be very very slow, but your browser times out before a response is recieved. (I believe in Firefox there is a parameter you can configure to adjust the timeout - but the reason that the timeout is there is to prevent you waitig too long for updates, so really changing it isn't worth it - you would get v slow browsing)

And just so y'all know, us mods do not have any sight of or control over the servers. All we can see is the forum, plus an admin area - but this is solely forum admin, not server admin. Any problems outside the forum have to be referred to de management...
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2006, 11:58:37 am »

Actualy Smokie,  There are some pretty serious erros in the clubarnage.com DNS.    Sad

http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=clubarnarge.com
will show you all the problems.

Regards,
T.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2006, 12:04:50 pm »

Actualy Smokie,  There are some pretty serious erros in the clubarnage.com DNS.    Sad

Regards,
T.

Tom, thanks for that, well Smokie that makes it a lot clearer for all of us, I think Roll Eyes  Looks like its over to you computer geeks to sort, Mr I and myself we'll carry on discussing our blowin' and suckin' Tongue  Let us known when you've fixed it all Kiss
Jay (Team Cannonball)
CA Veteran

Guided by a force greater than curry.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2006, 02:51:08 pm »

I have the same problem from my work PC (i.e the uni network) I can access CA from home, but have been locked out from my uni PC for a few months now. Strangely enough it is only my PC, my colleague can access CA. I originally though may'be smokie or steve had banned my IP address because it could have launched a spam attack since I'm part of a very large network. I'm no expert but I don't think this is an isolated problem.
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2006, 03:30:29 pm »

Regards,
T.
You're absolutely right, but I'm not sure whether Smokie is able to resolve these errors, as you need access to the hosting account to set those DNS records. (And then it is still a pain to figure out what to set, had the same issue at work) But Smokester can answer that for himself I guess.

Some ISP's will block content from sites where certain DNS records aren't correct, so it would explain some of the problems some members are suffering from.

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2006, 03:49:40 pm »

what's the point of having high end geeks attached to this website if they can't fix the blessed thing Wink
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2006, 08:17:20 pm »

You're absolutely right, but I'm not sure whether Smokie is able to resolve these errors,

You're quite right Lang Tall, Smokie is only a moderator.    Grand Fomage needs to talk to the hosting people really.

t.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 08:14:12 am by Lawnmower Man » Logged

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Rich - Team Gulp Racing
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2006, 10:19:24 pm »

It'd be handy if people could note the exact error they are seeing when reporting it.

Smokie,

I'm not sure if it will help much but the attached screengrab is the error message I was getting in Firefox when either;

- trying to access the forum directly from my bookmark
- trying to access any other club arnage thread found by google

This error message would appear literally immediately on screen - it wasn't timing out, it didn't have a chance to.  As I said, not sure how much help this is as it seems to be the generic Firefox error message - can't load site / badly typed URL / etc.

When I tried to access the www.clubarnage.com home page I would get a glimpse of the page for a micro-second, then replaced with a blank window with the above error message.

It was as though my ISP was recognizing  a 'bad site' and immediately blocking it from loading up.
Anyway, glad to be back here again.  Grin

* error.jpg (25.48 KB, 454x223 - viewed 386 times.)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 10:22:57 pm by Rich - Team Gulp Racing » Logged

Team Gulp Racing     - Established 1997

Le Mans 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: