Club Arnage
September 24, 2024, 05:21:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rollcentre back in LMP1  (Read 3070 times)
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2006, 08:18:43 am »

Both of Rollcentre's (yes, two) Radicals are up for sale.

They're moving back to LMP1 with a Pescarolo LMP1 chassis and Judd power. Quite surprising, actually. Woohoo...  Grin

News on Dailysportscar.com, Mike's Mulsannescorner.com and particulary http://www.ten-tenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89542

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 08:49:37 am »

Thats very good news, having a French car and being seen as the Pesac 'junior' team should help getting an entry with the ACO!

less good is the news that Penske will not be troubling the ACO with there Porsche P2. Any takers an what if any team will run them in the LMs and possibly Le mans next year?

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 08:04:07 pm »

You must be a happy man today, hgb! Grin

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 09:30:40 pm »

After the "captain sensible" decision last year to go for LMP2,  because of the difficulty in standing out from the crowd (i.e being competitive) in LMP1, the very best of luck to him in LMP1.   How good to see a non-works team building itself up over the last few years to have a really good go at the top slots, with bags of commitment.   Now, where to find a decent diesel......

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 09:32:40 pm »

You must be a happy man today, hgb! Grin

This is a combined quote of Paddy's and MgMark's comment.

Yes, I am a happy bunny... for them. I'm glad the LMP2 drama is over. They lead every (yes, ture) race this season in LMP2 and only achieved one podium at the Ring. Quite disappointing for them. They have so much good luck left over from this season that they just have to have better luck in 2007. The Radicals are great now with all the shortcomings removed, even against the RS Spyder, I think. So, if anybody wants a potential LMP2 front runner, please pm me  Grin .
Shorty is a bit like Jan Lammers (except for the whining ). It's great to see some privateers to take the hard stick and trying to chase the works teams. That's why they deserve our support. I rather support a private LMP1 entry than the Penske's Porsche (or other way around) LMP2 attempt to sell more of their (Porsche... sorry if I hit someone on the foot) dull metal.
That's why I'm supporting Rollcentre (with high hopes and a packed season 2007 Grin ). I hope you do too. You don't imagine how much cake a man can eat and still get around a track like mad...  we need LMP1 cake next year... they'll get it Grin

P.S.: Read the 10-10s thread. That was a great laugh.

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 10:45:11 pm »

After the "captain sensible" decision last year to go for LMP2,  because of the difficulty in standing out from the crowd (i.e being competitive) in LMP1, the very best of luck to him in LMP1.   How good to see a non-works team building itself up over the last few years to have a really good go at the top slots, with bags of commitment.   Now, where to find a decent diesel......

MG Mark

I read the other day that JCB were going for some sort of speed record perhaps they can spare some engines lol  Grin

been there done that doing it again !
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: