Club Arnage
September 21, 2024, 07:54:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jaguar to return  (Read 10636 times)
roeegg

one of del's boys!!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2006, 11:27:17 pm »

It was '86.  I was with Del at the time.In fact  the only time Ihave stayed to see the  finish of the race.
Pity that the intention is not yet to to develop the XKR into a GT2 contender to take on the F430
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2006, 03:39:28 pm »

It was '86.  I was with Del at the time.In fact  the only time Ihave stayed to see the  finish of the race.

Huh
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2006, 08:06:15 pm »

Well that shows how bloody good my photo archiving is... thanks for the clarification.

Nice pic FS, I remember you and my grandpa talking about how things had come on since you were young and the times, and hardships, you had had as young boys.  Grin

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2006, 08:41:44 pm »

....always wanted to have a go with a plate camera, when i were a lad there was a green house in the school grounds and the glass plates used in it were all photography glass plates.  don't think the plants grew any differently tho' Wink
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2006, 11:36:00 pm »

They meant what they said... perhaps

>Martini...
Makes me wonder how many people still work there after 20 years Undecided

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
IanB
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2006, 08:53:11 am »

quite like the look of this x-type too

I worked for Jaguar at the X type plant ,we built and shipped some panels for a race programme then suddenly we were told to stop shipping that was 2004, now  x type production is so low it is in danger of stopping
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2006, 10:45:27 am »

Interestingly Rollcentre announced that they will develop the Mosler for the GT3 championship and PSI are looking at developing the Ford GT for FIA GT3. Now considering there were 40+ cars at every round this year, I am starting to wonder where they are all going to go. Topping all that the GT3 Exiges running in Brit GT this year are destined for that championship too.

I have heard rumours that the FIA world council have rejected the GT3 Mosler after lobbying from other manufacturers.  Can anybody here confirm this?

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Jay (Team Cannonball)
CA Veteran

Guided by a force greater than curry.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2006, 12:18:39 am »

I heard that as well, am waiting for it be officially confirmed. The homolagtion has only been refused for the FIA GT3 Championship the car is still likely to be eligible for national championships i.e. Brit GT

Apparently Mosler doesn't produce the 200 cars per annum they need to be homolagted. An exception was made for the Ascari, but the powers that be under direction from the other manufacturers already homolgated Mosler got the thumbs down. A big shame and Shorty will be gutted if its true.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 12:21:53 am by Jay (Team Cannonball) » Logged
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2007, 01:02:53 pm »

An update on this story
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/motorsport/apex-motorsport%E2%80%99s-jaguar-xkr-gt3/

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Jay (Team Cannonball)
CA Veteran

Guided by a force greater than curry.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2007, 01:06:11 pm »

A picture of the actual car rather than a mockup. It was unveiled at the Autosport show on Friday.

http://www.the-paddock.net/newsphoto/Asi2007/asi54.jpg
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2007, 01:10:02 pm »

A picture of the actual car rather than a mockup. It was unveiled at the Autosport show on Friday.

http://www.the-paddock.net/newsphoto/Asi2007/asi54.jpg
Looks good.  It's going to be quite a year in GT3.

mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2007, 01:11:00 pm »

and more here too now:

http://www.pistonheads.com/motorsport/news.asp?s=39&storyId=15705

sorry for not being able to insert an actual link in - something up with it at work, as I get an error on page message - and it won't let me do smilies either!

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2007, 01:19:32 pm »

and more here too now:

sorry for not being able to insert an actual link in - something up with it at work, as I get an error on page message - and it won't let me do smilies either!

MG Mark

Maybe another software glitch - having hit the button for a URL, I didn't get any text with the usual [url][url] to past one into, but it seems to have recgnised it as one....spooky   

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2007, 01:23:44 pm »

and more here too now:

MG Mark

Maybe another software glitch - having hit the button for a URL, I didn't get any text with the usual [url][url] to past one into, but it seems to have recgnised it as one....spooky   

MG Mark
Mark I never use the URL button to add a link - I just cut and paste it and it pops up in my message!

mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2007, 01:32:53 pm »

Mark I never use the URL button to add a link - I just cut and paste it and it pops up in my message

Ahh the marvellous quirks of software.  Either that or it recognises you (rightly) as someone to be nice to.  I don't pretend to understand it and when all else fails, hitting everything in sight to try to re-arrange the lights, switches, bells and knobs into an eye-catching, pleasing pattern is the only option remaining to me.......

MG Mark
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 01:34:57 pm by mgmark » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: