Club Arnage
October 06, 2024, 05:23:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First pictures of the new Peugeot 908!!!  (Read 9483 times)
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2006, 03:13:18 am »

Pictures of the new version of the RS Spyder can be found here.

http://www.endurance-info.com/article.php?sid=2667&thold=0

Some major body work revisions for starters.
Fax
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2006, 07:18:18 am »

Apparently I'm alone in this, but I think it looks hideous and outdated already.  Looks like something a sixteen year old kid drew up on his computer after watching a sixties episode of Star Trek, with Audi R8/R10 wheel arches grafted on to it. WTF? There is absolutely nothing clever about it, looks like a Audi with a roof on it. Paint it green and its a fricking Bentley.  I understand the nostalgia over old Group C days but is this really the answer? Big f**cking deal, a diesel LMP1 car with a lid.  Hell if your all weepy over the Group C days watch the Daytona prototypes, they're basically Group C2 cars with spaceframe chassis, and the Rolex series has a sh**tload of them on the grid.  Whats the point in making LMP1 cars coupes? its the SAME CAR AS A SPYDER !  They think they're going to excite more interest than the current spyders?  If you've only got a handful of cars in the class it doesn't matter if they're coupes, spyders, or fricking top fuel dragsters. Numbers and competition create interest, not two or four ultra expensive diesels silently running off into the sunset.
Fax
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 07:25:52 am by Fax » Logged
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2006, 08:45:37 am »

Looks good to me, clearly have to change to add doors etc. Any new entry into the LMS is welcome. Hopefully with both Audi and Porsche racing in europe next year alongside the Courages etc we could be in for a good season.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.php?file=car.php&carnum=2826

Some more images

Fax, chill a bit you will give yourself an ulcer!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 08:49:59 am by Nordic » Logged

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2006, 08:51:23 am »

All correct, the only advantage of closed cars is the better aerodynamics. Appart from that I don't really see anything that speeks for LMP coupes. On open cars you can see who's driving, getting in and out is much easier and it gives better access to the driver in case of an accident. I don't really know where the LMP coupe hype comes from. I can't really see the point in LMP coupes.

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2006, 11:05:30 am »

... I can't really see the point in LMP coupes.

Most likely reason is that a coupe has more place for advertising / sponsor stickers on the car - roof

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Pieter
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2006, 11:41:54 am »

Peugeot and Porsche will enter the full LMS season. Rumour has it that Joest will enter an Audi in LMS, so I'm really looking forward to next season!
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2006, 12:32:48 pm »

... Porsche will enter the full LMS season.

If they are able to sell any cars. At this price you could run a LMP1.

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2006, 12:40:22 pm »

I can't really see the point in LMP coupes.

Remember the Saturday morning Group C race a couple of years ago? Every one looked different, and not just because of the livery.
Surely with a coupe there is more scope for design differences. I for one am bored with seeing a grid of Audi lookalikes and look forward to the return of closed cars.
Saying that, I don't like the look of the Peugeot, as FAX said it looks like a 16 year old designed it, but IMHO, a step in the right direction.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Pieter
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2006, 01:39:16 pm »

... Porsche will enter the full LMS season.

If they are able to sell any cars. At this price you could run a LMP1.
True, but it would surprise me if they couldn't. Porsche has a remarkable reputation. You buy yourself a potential class winner and a possible overall winner when the circumstances are right. I say it's easier to get sponsorship for that approach than the forecast of being 7th in LMP1.
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2006, 02:07:39 pm »

I can't really see the point in LMP coupes.
Have you ever been in an open car at over 100mph, let alone 200mph?  Its not just aerodynamics, its driver survival.  And they're prettier, with one exception, the 908

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2006, 02:33:53 pm »

personally I think it looks like a red & white turd.
Fax

If that is what your turds are like then your ar*e must be even more weird than than your brain.  I suppose it is to be expected though if you will insist on communicating through it...
Pieter
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2006, 03:23:31 pm »

Fax
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2006, 04:24:45 pm »

Oldtimer, wow! Your really all about personal attacks aren't you?  I can express my opinions without every other posting making a reference to someone's grey matter or lack thereof.
Great, you guys like it.  I think it will be just like the Audi R10, it'll be silent and souless, but hey! Its a coupe!
Fax
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2006, 04:58:48 pm »

I think it looks great, lets hope they retain some of the design integrity with the final car. This diesel thing has been touched on before, but I wouldn't mind raising it again. To me endurance racing is about testing technology to near breaking point with the aim of improving the efficiency, reliability and safety of cars. I understand (at last) at this weeks Paris motor show Audi have promoted the technological links between their new road car coupe and their success in racing and particularly their success at the Worlds Greatest Motor race Le Mans.

For Le Mans to flourish, or for that matter to even survive then surely manufacturers must be able to find a real commercial benefit from being there and if it is about proving that your diesel engine or (in a few years time perhaps) your 'oil seed rape powered' vehicle can compete and even win there then I think these ideas should be welcomed.

I love the sound of a racing engine disappearing into the night, echoing through the woods on its way from Mulsanne to Arnage........but if silent diesels are where the technology needs to be heading, then so be it.

Sorry if this is off thread or been said before. Having a quiet day at work and felt like a ramble
 Cheesy
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2006, 05:35:59 pm »

Oldtimer, wow! Your really all about personal attacks aren't you?
Fax

And people have accused me of taking posts on this forum too seriously...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: