Club Arnage
September 28, 2024, 05:38:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Enough with the kiddie crap already!  (Read 10339 times)
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2006, 03:17:31 pm »

just wait for half term Wink

Just wait for every Tuesday and Thursday's I.T. lesson at school when they get Club Arnage as the class project  Undecided

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2006, 04:01:17 pm »

Gary, I don't have you down as such a moody old beggar.

Normandy pole dancing star as y'are!* Grin Grin Grin

If the kid can be persuaded that going to English lessons and using the resulting knowlege in here will result in fewer upset responders, well, he could be a "good thing"!

*No sorry, the photographs are securely locked up in my hard drive.

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Fax
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2006, 05:37:33 pm »

Afternoon all,
Holy crap!  I logged on expecting to be hit with a volley of insults for picking on a little kid but wonders never cease...Monkey and Oldtimer agree with me!  Cheesy
Sorry if I was bit OTT on the rant, returned from a late session at the pub with some mates, logged on to find virtually the entire first page clogged with Viper Boy
threads.  Had a Stella fueled tantrum.
Fax
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 05:40:57 pm by Fax » Logged
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2006, 05:45:53 pm »

And with perfect timing he's back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2006, 06:32:47 pm »

Afternoon all,
wonders never cease...Monkey and Oldtimer agree with me!  Cheesy

Fax

Maybe we have more in common with each other than originally we thought!! Grin
Jay (Team Cannonball)
CA Veteran

Guided by a force greater than curry.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2006, 06:47:10 pm »

Guys,

Cut the grumpy git bit and give the guy some slack. The average age on this forum is well into the 30+ region. I should know I'm one of the younger members at the tender age of 25. But you should start to face facts that since the CA guide to Le Mans was such a hit and was distributed quite amazingly all over the net that fans of sportscar racing , young and old are going to be logging in looking for info on the great race and other sportscar related info. And so what if the thread is immature, just take a look back through some of the posts and threads that have been started by senior members of the forum, that can only be classified as childish drivel.

Over on another forum that I view on a regular basis, an under 25 section was set up and has proved a huge hit and has removed quite a lot of the sort of posts that Fax was referring to from the general discussion area. And with regards to moderation you just need to let a little more slide, (within reason of course -anything truly offensive or illegal should result in a ban), but some teenage type discussion about motorracing should be allowed. Otherwise where will the next generation of sportscar fans come from, will they all be seduced by the glitzy world of NASCAR and F1. God lets hope not.

Jay Representing the Yoof.
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2006, 07:31:56 pm »

Jay - I agree (and refer you to my earlier posts - well some of them anyway) in this thread
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2006, 07:57:51 pm »

I don't think anyone is saying not to have younger participants - but there's a difference between a young person's naive posts etc. and childish behavior of making 80 posts in 2 days, starting way too many threads just for the novelty of it, and generally being a forum liability.

Sounds like Smokester's got it in hand with the fatherly hand on the shoulder PMs.  Having said that, take into account that Viper could grow up to be a serial killer if you scar him with a banning at this delicate point in his ego maturation!
RS2 Babe
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2006, 10:28:22 pm »

Kiss Kiss Kiss

Angry

This thread is upsetting - next you will be saying that women can't post - or just certain women.

Somebody just discovering a forum that is exciting and they feel they can make a contribution to and they get jumped on.

The thread starter has posted his usual 'back from the pub' apology/excuse so it's all ok now  Roll Eyes

I actually think twice about posting sometimes because of this element - takes all the fun away from it.

Angry

Lisa
 Kiss

Fax
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2006, 12:46:24 am »

Lisa, don't get me wrong, I wasn't apologozing for the premise of my original posting on this thread, just that it came out a bit rough (dropping the F-Bomb, using the C-word,etc).  I stick by what I said, a bunch of banal, nonsensical threads (about the same subject, how many Dodge Viper threads did we need this week?) in the space of two or three days is a bit much.  I remember what it was like to be a enthusiastic thirteen year old racing fan, easy to get carried away.  However this is largely an adult forum and if youngsters want to join in great, just have something relevent to say.  Don't just start threads for the sake of it.
Fax
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 02:31:49 am by Fax » Logged
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2006, 12:55:04 am »

I remember what it was like to be a enthusiastic thirteen year old racing fan, easy to get carried away. 

Even more proof that Fax has an excellent knowledge and VERY long term memory!!  Wink Grin

Hope you're well John. See you in March!!
Fax
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2006, 01:00:32 am »

Hey Mark, big thanks for the well wishes.  All's well on this side. Hope the same for you. See you at the old bomber base in March Cheesy
Fax
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2006, 01:03:55 am »

John
OMG, does every American called John live in FLA?? Huh

Grin

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2006, 01:18:56 am »

Question is, does everybody called John live in the US of A. Roll Eyes

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
johnny waring

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2006, 11:33:12 am »

are you talking about me or viper
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: