Club Arnage
July 03, 2024, 02:07:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: who thinks they should bring the dodge viper competion back to racing!!!  (Read 6721 times)
viper900dodge

who sed a viper cannot handle!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« on: September 20, 2006, 06:48:16 pm »

who thinks they should bring the dodge viper competion into racing!!!
because they have made one but for some reason(thati know) arnt racing it?HuhHuhHuh?

the viper won GT2 class at le man's in 1998!!!! beat that people who say vipers only go in a straight lines
Pieter
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 07:13:59 pm »

Probably you!!!
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 07:20:07 pm »

Nothing to do with LM.......but if you go to LOngleat this weekend ther is a hillclimb on and the GTD40 Owners Club will be there.

Ayoung lady who is a member of the club and drives a Viper.

Her party piece is to light up her tyres on in the 100 yard section of the track berfore the start line.

The car has a had a supercharger fitted to give a little more oooomph........see their website for the video recorded at Gurston Down earlier this year.......awsome!!!!!

Wishy
viper900dodge

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 07:21:47 pm »

cool but i live more near oulton park  laugh

the viper won GT2 class at le man's in 1998!!!! beat that people who say vipers only go in a straight lines
Fax
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 07:58:35 pm »

Last time I saw a Viper at Sebring, a bunch of our CA guys were cutting up bits of its shunted bodywork to take home as keepsakes.  Saw the ORECA Vipers take the overall honors at the 24 Hours of Daytona back in 2000, but even then the handwriting was on the wall...and it said CORVETTE.
These days the Viper is hopelessly outclassed in ALMS/LMES GT1 against the Vettes, Astons, Ferraris, even the Saleen.
Fax
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 07:07:53 am »

Last time I saw a Viper at Sebring, a bunch of our CA guys were cutting up bits of its shunted bodywork to take home as keepsakes.  Saw the ORECA Vipers take the overall honors at the 24 Hours of Daytona back in 2000, but even then the handwriting was on the wall...and it said CORVETTE.
These days the Viper is hopelessly outclassed in ALMS/LMES GT1 against the Vettes, Astons, Ferraris, even the Saleen.
Fax
Hey Fax I remember that one. Ron chasing the Viper made for an exciting finish. when 24 hours was not quite long enough to get the job done. Awsome and well deserved win for the Viper.
Canada Phil
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2006, 08:01:03 am »

even the Saleen

Watch it Fax, I am not sure I like the use of "even" in that sentence!!!

F
viper900dodge

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2006, 08:43:03 am »

the GTSR (some call it the competition) has a racing factory model being made by dodge but its still being worked on and proberly wont race til 2009-2011. Cry Cry Cry

Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2006, 06:47:23 pm »

It looks like the little one has pestered the Dodge Motor company in submission.

It now seems likely that a GT2 version is going to be produced next year. a couple of teams have already expressed an interest in running them.

However due to the nature of the car being based on the GT3 racer rather than the road car ACO approval is not likely unless Dodge produce a road going version. Confused? I am.
http://gtsport.es/

http://www.gt-eins.at/cms/index.php
If you speak Spanish or german this may help!

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2006, 08:37:22 pm »

Fax

Welcome Fax...   See you in March

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
johnny waring

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2006, 11:21:49 pm »

If the Viper came back racing it wouldn't be a success.In GT1 its not as fast as the DBR9 or reliable as the C6-R.GT2 there are better cars than the viper like Panoz Porsche Spyker Ferrari(i won't put in the TVR Penisulia vipers are better than that).Plus Team Oreca have only been succesfull
BTW My dads mate called peter cook bought a viper GTS-R he borght in 2002 and it used to be own by Oreca.he raced with it at oulton park brit GT(the 1 where it abserloutly threw it down)and FIA-GT silverston in 2002.he has sold it now but he thorght he was ripped off with the money and he didn't get the results what he wished.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2006, 09:51:06 am »

Vipers still very popular here and made a great showing at LM over the weekend.  2 4ths in GT1 and the new GT3 on the podium twice.  Certainly they showed the Larbre Ferraris the way home!

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2006, 01:04:03 pm »

I thought that production had ceased, but see that there is a new version. if you've got $85k.

Having had a good look at a couple of the old ones recently, it has to be done

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2006, 05:34:15 pm »

I thought that production had ceased, but see that there is a new version. if you've got $85k.

Having had a good look at a couple of the old ones recently, it has to be done
Here's the said GT3 version.http://www.flickr.com/photos/97986095@N00/271360217/

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
johnevans3
CA Veteran

Howdy Pardner

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2006, 10:24:04 pm »

JPChenet (Mark) and I are the guys that got the whole bonnet section of that Sebring racing Viper #71.  I gave the whole piece to a guy in Florida to cut it in half for us then he UPSed it to me in Texas.  I took Mark's half to him on the plane thinking are they going to confiscate this contraband?  We met up in London.  He bought me a beer, we had a good time, the wives just looked at us and shook their heads in disgust.  We met up again at Le Mans to continue the parteeeeeeee.  Still have my trophy and in fact I'm looking at it right now. 
Would love to see Vipers and what ever else join in the GT-1 class.  I think Corvette and Aston are ruining the class by such domination.  It's a pity that no one else in the world can compete with these two.  It's becoming a little bit dull like GT-1 was with just Porsche taking it every race and Audi in P-1 doing the same.  Competition among different makes is better in my opinion.  Otherwise it's Nascar, same car just different logos.  Give me the day when there were real Dodges, Plymouths, Ford, Mercury's, Chevy's, Hudson's, yeah Hudson Hornets.  Those were the days for real racing for stockcars.   Even F-1 is so boring even though there are different makers, they all look alike, sound alike and virtually perform alike, just different paint jobs.  Oh well, how did I get off on this tangent?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: