Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 12:00:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wales Rally  (Read 7600 times)
John Boy
CA Veteran

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2006, 03:57:25 pm »

As a regular reader but never a contributor to this site I'm now turning to the fountain of knowledge out there to ask for help.  Me and the wife are planning to go to the Wales Rally this year but have no idea where to go.  Therefore can any one recommend a good plan of attack for the saturday?

If sponges didn't grow in the sea just think how deep it would be!!
rcutler
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 05:03:16 pm »

As a regular reader but never a contributor to this site I'm now turning to the fountain of knowledge out there to ask for help.  Me and the wife are planning to go to the Wales Rally this year but have no idea where to go.  Therefore can any one recommend a good plan of attack for the saturday?

Have you tried Wales!  Grin

Sorry couldn't resist.

John Boy
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 05:08:47 pm »

I new you guys wouldn't let me down.

BTW how do I put a picture on my person profile?  Does it need to be uploaded to a website so that its got a URL?

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 05:28:19 pm »

Do you mean the Welsh Rally or the GB Rally of Wales?

If the latter, I definitely wouldn't bother. It's massively overpriced, chav-ridden, the traffic is beyond ghastly (reckon on queuing for about four hours to get into the stage) and the is action mediocre at best. You'll either get soaked or covered in dust yet be well back from the action. Anyway, the cars aren't all that if you ask me, not when youve seen Grp B in action. Compared to the wonderful old-time five day long RAC rally, it's a pathetic shadow of it's former self, like cutting Le mans down to a 1000km race on the Bugatti curcuit.

Aviod like the plague, but if you do go I'd be interested to see what you make of it.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
John Boy
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 05:40:27 pm »

I do mean the GB Rally.  Just as I'm from the "land of my fathers" I like to think of it as our own.  Looks like I've got no choice but to go.  My wife used to go and watch the old RAC when she was a kid with her dad, in the days when it used to venture east of Offa's Dyke, and she's really keen to go again.  Its her fault I got into this whole motorsports lark, but can't complain.  I wouldn't have discovered Le Mans otherwise.

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 07:02:49 pm »

Tell your wife that Andy makes a good point - she will find it a shadow of its former self (Kielder anybody?) so hope she won't be disappointed (no, she will).  My dear old Dad used to take me to race meetings and marshalled on the RAC years ago.  He did unto me what her father did to her! Can't say I converted the old man though, he was a petrolhead when I met him.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2006, 07:40:30 pm »

Anyone care to make a positive contribution to this thread? Please??  Huh
RS2 Babe
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2006, 08:02:57 pm »

Kiss Kiss Kiss

Well I would take any and all chances to get to the GB Rally - any motorsport event in fact - and how refreshing that it is your wife who encourages  such a passion.

Yes it has changed heaps but it is still thrilling to actually be there getting soaked, covered in dust etc. than watching it on TV. Same as watching a match on TV or being in the terraces........I won't go on Grin

Is that positive enough for you Smokie or did you mean that you wanted some positive solutions Kiss

Lisa
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2006, 08:38:39 pm »

I think that I would go,positively. Grin

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2006, 09:58:15 pm »

I think that I would go,positively. Grin

That's because you're Welsh, Mr Prewett  Roll Eyes         Wink

Steve East Anglian cobras

amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2006, 10:12:01 pm »

I am what I am.

Speaking of Wales I saw a movie the other night.This town somewhwere in Wales was trying to get on a map by making a local hill into a mountain by adding more dirt to the top.Fact or Fiction? Huh

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2006, 10:22:10 pm »

It is indeed a far cry from when as a lad you could just nip over a fence somewhere in UK (Sutton Park stage in Birmingham in the 70s for me watching Roger Clark etc).   And you have to pay now.  And you have to plan ahead to move between stages.  But - you can move between stages because of its centralised locations (which you couldn't do easily in the "good old days") and you can still get into the forests.     And most of the info you need is at:
http://www.walesrallygb.com/artman/publish/index.php

The sight, sound, speed, smell etc is awesome.  Pick your places carefully and you will not believe how fast, loud and brutal it is.   No contest . Go at least once.   Enjoy  - you just have to plan ahead and time things early enough.   Oh and make sure you have plenty of warm kit and waterproofs!

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2006, 10:51:28 pm »

Anyone care to make a positive contribution to this thread? Please??  Huh
Seb Loeb.  Awesome.  That do?
Amazing 1, I believe "The man who went up a hill and came down a mountain" was, as they say, based on a true story.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 10:55:24 pm by termietermite » Logged

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2006, 11:05:48 pm »

I am what I am.

Speaking of Wales I saw a movie the other night.This town somewhwere in Wales was trying to get on a map by making a local hill into a mountain by adding more dirt to the top.Fact or Fiction? Huh
Garth Hill, nr Cardiff.

concept

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2006, 11:20:31 am »

http://www.britishrally.co.uk/

Try this for more info
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: