Club Arnage
September 25, 2024, 01:21:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Petit Le Mans?  (Read 24259 times)
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2006, 03:49:58 pm »

Merci bien Matt! Smiley

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
wadespeed1

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2006, 01:10:22 am »

At the risk of creating interest in this event, what is the enthusiasm level for the Petit Lemans? Panoz and company appear to prefer the low profile and, based on encounter with local law enforcement during dead cat burnout attempts, I would say that the establishment has little interest in the spirited crowd as well . It's no S------; however, RA was quite the party hole prior to Panoz. What's up with the alcohol prohibition?

I understand that a CA'er was caught smuggling booze into Road Atlanta last year. If that is true, what would you do differently to ensure that the party rolls on as it should?

Fax
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2006, 04:39:29 am »

Alcohol ban at Road Atlanta?  What Road Atlanta are you talking about Shocked
Booze is no problem at RA, its not lunacy of Sebring proportions but a good party still.  The only clamps they put on at RA are the quiet hours after eleven.  By quiet hours they mean no loud music and burnouts.  Other than that you can drink beer till your face falls off.
Fax
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2006, 05:05:45 am »

Yes, I too am wondering what the blazes he's on about!  Booze ban indeed.

Fax - we're gonna miss you buddy.  Ricardo arrives here in Indy a week today and we set off Friday morning for Buford, GA to hook up with Matt and his driver.

Sounds like Matt has been causing confusion for Guinness distributors in the Greater Orlando area with an extreme "spike" in sales.  Finally, we're not going to faff around locating beer supplies on Friday night!  Hey, I may even remember my radio...
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2006, 09:43:49 am »

Alcohol Policy
Road Atlanta’s mission is to create an environment that allows customers to
experience excellence in entertainment. At our fans request, we are providing
expanded food and beverage services throughout the entire facility, including
the Sportsbar.
State of Georgia and Hall County law prohibits alcohol from being brought
onto our facility. Road Atlanta offers a variety of food and both non-alcoholic
and alcoholic beverages at reasonable prices.
Road Atlanta will post signage informing our race fans of the Hall County
Ordinance at our entrance and throughout the facility. If you have any questionsregarding our no alcohol admittance policy, you may email us at info@roadatlanta.com or mail your comments to 5300 Winder Hwy, Braselton, GA 30517. We appreciate your cooperation in helping us implement this policy.

Also, this notice came along with the event ticket:

Starting 7pm nightly, all Georgia State laws will be applicable and enforced by the Georgia State Patrol and the Hall County Sheriff Department. Incidents that happen will not be treated as if you are on private property!

Just keep it out of plain sight when entering and it's not a problem.  police   Grin

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
wadespeed1

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2006, 01:43:16 pm »

Maybe it's me, but I find the "all Georgia State laws" bit somewhat disturbing. I miss the old days of no holds barred four day outdoor parties. As I recall, there weren't too many problems that required intervention from the authorities.

If all of Don's races are going to turn into family friendly events, I think I'd be better off staying at home and taking the kids to Chuck-e-cheese.

For what it's worth, a fellow in our crowd had a near miss with the authorities last year. The incident involved burnouts, chants for anarchy, golf cart wheelies, and alcohol (of course). A friend tried to compliment one of the cops for his patience and understanding and he didn't take it to well. It was touch and go, but he managed to fade into the crowd and avoid the wrath of the law.

Lesson learned. The cops are far more serious than pre-Pnoz days.
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2006, 04:16:15 pm »

HOLY sh*t.  It does say that in the 06 Guest Guide.  Anyone know if this is a new ordinance?  I don't remember seeing any signs in the past.

I simply cannot imagine these guys removing beer/turning folks away - it would be insane.

If this turned "dry" (no byob) it would destroy the event.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2006, 04:24:49 pm »

Sounds to me as if they are aiming to try the same as they do at a lot of outdoor events over here.

They don't allow the punters to take their own beer into the venue, but will readily sell them their own overpriced warm pisswater.  The reason they give for this is they can then control the amount that an individual has to drink and can prevent any drunken behaviour.
The world and his dog know that this is utter bollocks and that there are a miriad of ways around this.

The real reason is that by banning entry with alcohol they will have cornered the market and by selling their own it will be more money into their pockets.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2006, 04:33:40 pm »

These signs have always been posted.I have never had anyone even question me about it.If they do ask you ask,F*****G LIE !

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
ricardo_T
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2006, 05:00:20 pm »

Sh*t!! Hope we manage to get our Guinness stash past the Road Atlanta Cooler-Police  Sad
Fax
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2006, 05:32:38 pm »

Gotta admit in all the years we've gone to the Petit we've never had the slightest bit of agro from the authorities, we sat up in the esses with a mound of empty Guinness cans in front of us and never been questioned.  Hell, we drag around a cooler that holds three cases of beer and ice for Christ's sake and they've never said "Excuse us sir, can we inspect the contents?".
I suspect most of the disclaimers and posted signs are there because they have to legally be posted.  From my experience at races you usually have to do something pretty outrageous and or stupid to get yourself in hot water with the local Johnny Law.  At most venues golf cart wheelies and burnouts will attract some unwanted attention.  Over Superbike weekend at Mid-Ohio this year we saw a couple of dudes go off in handcuffs after the police warned them several times about doing burnouts.
I wouldn't worry too much about the beer police Wink
Fax
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2006, 05:41:35 pm »

Sounds to me as if they are aiming to try the same as they do at a lot of outdoor events over here.

They don't allow the punters to take their own beer into the venue, but will readily sell them their own overpriced warm pisswater.  The reason they give for this is they can then control the amount that an individual has to drink and can prevent any drunken behaviour.
The world and his dog know that this is utter bollocks and that there are a miriad of ways around this.

The real reason is that by banning entry with alcohol they will have cornered the market and by selling their own it will be more money into their pockets.

No sh*t Sherlock!!  Wink Grin

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2006, 11:45:30 pm »

What's up with the alcohol prohibition?

Huh? What's that now??

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2006, 06:41:56 am »

HOLY sh**t.  It does say that in the 06 Guest Guide.  Anyone know if this is a new ordinance?  I don't remember seeing any signs in the past.

I simply cannot imagine these guys removing beer/turning folks away - it would be insane.

Hi Dave,
 I remember reading that in the last few years and as stated already keep it out of sight and they have not bothered in the past. presume it will be the same this year.
Phil
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2006, 07:47:40 pm »

HOLY sh**t.  It does say that in the 06 Guest Guide.  Anyone know if this is a new ordinance?  I don't remember seeing any signs in the past.

Hi Dave,
 I remember reading that in the last few years and as stated already keep it out of sight and they have not bothered in the past. presume it will be the same this year.
Phil

Hey Phil:

I guess I've just been too hungover on arrival to ever notice this in the past.  Are you not making it this year?  If not, we'll put a chair out in front of the esses for you anyway and pour an occasional Molson on the ground in front of it in your honor.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 07:50:40 pm by Dave H » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: