Club Arnage
October 02, 2024, 10:39:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: donnington le mans series  (Read 9607 times)
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2006, 03:21:26 pm »

As for the CA presence even I with my failing eyesight in advanced years spotted the guys at Redgate... was n't sure whether I should introduce myself though.  In the end I thought discretion the best course of action.

Why Huh Huh

We don't bite.     Surely if you cotribute to the forum it isn't a problem to introduce yourself.

I turned up at a planning meeting a couple of years ago and had never met anyone who was there before. Because of doing it I have met some of the most friendly and generous people I have ever known.

Please don't hesitatr the next time we are around. we will accept a drink from anyone

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2006, 03:28:49 pm »

We don't bite.   

Some of us do, but only if you ask very nicely.  Grin
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2006, 03:45:48 pm »

As for the CA presence even I with my failing eyesight in advanced years spotted the guys at Redgate... was n't sure whether I should introduce myself though.  In the end I thought discretion the best course of action.

Why Huh Huh

We don't bite.     Surely if you cotribute to the forum it isn't a problem to introduce yourself.

I turned up at a planning meeting a couple of years ago and had never met anyone who was there before. Because of doing it I have met some of the most friendly and generous people I have ever known.

Please don't hesitatr the next time we are around. we will accept a drink from anyone

Thanks Bob - I won't be so reticent in the future, it is just that some (most?) of the postings I have placed on the forum seem to have upset quite a few folk...
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2006, 04:00:20 pm »

Why Huh Huh

Thanks Bob - I won't be so reticent in the future, it is just that some (most?) of the postings I have placed on the forum seem to have upset quite a few folk...

A pinch of salt Oldtimer.  That's what forums are all about, lively debate and contraversial discussion. If every one on this forum that had been upset or ridiculed or been belittled over the years decided not to return there would be no-one left.
You carry on upsettiing people. If they moan tell them Bob said it was OK

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2006, 09:23:40 am »

A pinch of salt Oldtimer.  That's what forums are all about, lively debate and contraversial discussion. If every one on this forum that had been upset or ridiculed or been belittled over the years decided not to return there would be no-one left.
You carry on upsettiing people. If they moan tell them Bob said it was OK

Sounds like a directive I cannot ignore...

But seriously - cheers Bob!
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2006, 10:00:48 am »

Upsetting people is part of the fun oldtimer, so please keep at it!
Back to the Donnington subject - what a stonking race it was, in all classes.  Jarama is going to be a blast with LMP2 and GT1 so close points wise.

I guess I can understand some peoples' joy in the Aston win but I was so upset for the wonderful M. Luc Alphand.  A gentleman driver in every way and such a charmer to boot - always willing to take time to talk to the media and his fans and always has a big smile on his face even when things go wrong. He is really getting the hang of this sports car racing lark.  Could teach one or two of the people being discussed in the "Jacques Villeneuve" thread a thing or two about sportsmanship.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2006, 10:05:14 am »

You are right about M. Alphand, but call me old fashioned I like to see a British make (well in name anyway) beating an American sports car.  'American sports car' is anathema to me...

My tin hat is on and I am awaiting the next onslaught!
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2006, 10:07:49 am »

Nah, I'll let you off!  I live in the Sarthe so Luc A is a local hero and I can't help cheering him on - he contributes so much locally and is an ace bloke.
And nothing quite sounds like those 'vettes!

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2006, 10:11:44 am »

True - if you like the sound of agricultural machinery over that of finely honed European precision engineering.  Well the Lambo (especially) and the Ferraris sounded fantastic at Le Mans.
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2006, 10:15:55 am »

Oldtimer,
The best procedure with anathemas is to soak them in vinegar for a couple of hours and then lance then with large guage needle. A crochet needle works fine. I don't remember tin hats being involved, but I can't see it doing any harm.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2006, 10:44:17 am »

True - if you like the sound of agricultural machinery over that of finely honed European precision engineering.  Well the Lambo (especially) and the Ferraris sounded fantastic at Le Mans.
Yeah, it's brawn over brains every time for me. (Except with men when the opposite applies!)  And don't Lambo make tractors?

rcutler
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2006, 11:20:52 am »

Mr Pepsi Cola was happilly wondering round the paddock talking to everyone that stopped to speak to him. At first i thougt Steve and Dick had made it to Donny!
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2006, 01:04:49 pm »

And don't Lambo make tractors?

I believe they did - and quite possibly still do - but by God they sound good!
Neal
CA Veteran

That's put the Halibut amongst the Iguanas

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2006, 01:44:05 pm »

IMHO the Panoz makes a pretty good noise, and although thwy are American cars, i believe that Team LNT is Yorkshire based so that'll do for me tha nos Wink
il Cavallino

Drinking for Holland

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2006, 03:16:03 pm »

Hey guys,

Just like to say I had a great time again. I hope we'll meet again soon. Probably it won't take long before someone arranges that. If I can I'll be there.

My pictures are in the DfH-album Hope you enjoy them.

Drinking for Holland
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: