Club Arnage
October 02, 2024, 10:32:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: donnington le mans series  (Read 9592 times)
johnny waring

View Profile
« on: August 28, 2006, 11:27:58 am »

what did you think of donnington? it could have been better if the zytek didn't retire, does anyone know what happend to the zytek? But anyway a good day of racing. i was pleased that we had 3 british teams who won there class (i'm sick of hearing the french anthem cumun zytek lets go win at jarama)
Dobbo
CA Veteran

They've rebadged it you fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 02:01:23 pm »

Great to see the Zytek holding off the Pescarolo for so many laps! Apparently it retired with clutch problems. The full report is here: http://www.lmes.net/uk/download/2006/2006_donington_communique_final.pdf
Left with 20 minutes remaining and missed the Modena Aston taking the Luc Alphand Corvette at the end  Roll Eyes
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 02:12:07 pm »

I thought it was great days racing the highlight for me being the reeling in of the Corvette and the Aston passing it on the last lap, pretty amazing after 6 hours of hard racing!!

I have to confess that was only my second visit to Donington, the first being in 1983 to see some trucks going round. The spectacle of which haunts me to this day. (What a waste of time) But yesterday I was able to do a complete tour of the circuit and enjoyed some fantastic viewing. It really is a very good little circuit which to be honest made Silverstone (my local circuit) seem pretty dull by comparison. Does anybody know if they are planning to stage the 1000K there next year?

Didn’t notice a CA’s where were you all hiding?

Great day out, great racing and great result for Aston.  Cheesy
rcutler
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 02:33:13 pm »

I thought it was great days racing the highlight for me being the reeling in of the Corvette and the Aston passing it on the last lap, pretty amazing after 6 hours of hard racing!!

I have to confess that was only my second visit to Donington, the first being in 1983 to see some trucks going round. The spectacle of which haunts me to this day. (What a waste of time) But yesterday I was able to do a complete tour of the circuit and enjoyed some fantastic viewing. It really is a very good little circuit which to be honest made Silverstone (my local circuit) seem pretty dull by comparison. Does anybody know if they are planning to stage the 1000K there next year?

HIDING?Huh We were on the exit of Turn 1, with a DFH flag, Dutch Flag, Spyker Flag, RfH Flag and a

CA FLAG
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 02:58:55 pm »

OOps must have walked past you three times.  Roll Eyes Oh well maybe next time. Grin
rcutler
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 03:04:54 pm »

Here we all are:-

Note the Draught Machine, generator and Tropicoma dispenser! TRACK SIDE  Grin

* DfH and CA.jpg (107.79 KB, 800x600 - viewed 387 times.)
rcutler
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2006, 03:06:57 pm »

Beer??  Grin

* Draught anyone.jpg (67.71 KB, 459x612 - viewed 310 times.)
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2006, 03:19:30 pm »

Ok, you were at Redgate ( turn 1 ), but a seriously poor effort with the flags. YOU ARE BRITISH. GET an Identity.

Take life by the horns and live it.
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2006, 03:30:07 pm »

Robbo

Left mine on "MB".

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2006, 09:23:35 pm »

Ok, you were at Redgate ( turn 1 ), but a seriously poor effort with the flags. YOU ARE BRITISH. GET an Identity.
Thought I didn't do too bad... - the flagpole didn't though, it snapped three times Undecided

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Jason
CA Veteran

Has anyone booked my hospital room?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2006, 11:01:21 pm »

Who could miss this at Redgate?

* DSC_1930a.jpg (116.64 KB, 400x266 - viewed 348 times.)

Wooosh!!!!
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2006, 01:50:12 am »

Paddy, fair play, you are proud of being Dutch, but some of the Brits needed to fly some flags.

I'll get some HUGE ones sorted.

Take life by the horns and live it.
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2006, 07:46:32 am »

HIDING?Huh We were on the exit of Turn 1, with a DFH flag, Dutch Flag, Spyker Flag, RfH Flag and a

CA FLAG

Not hiding at all...

That was a great weekend. Thanks very much to all who made it that a pleasure.

Kruse decided to go back on sunday so that I missed the after race party. We were sitting in Dover for nearly 3 hours. Then we almost got washed away by all the rain from Calais to Cologne where we arrived yesterday mid day. I was finished (tired,  exhausted and hungry) by then.  Grin

Again: What a great, great weekend !!!

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2006, 09:15:25 am »

Paddy, fair play, you are proud of being Dutch, but some of the Brits needed to fly some flags.

I'll get some HUGE ones sorted.

We had plenty of flags Robbo. It was just that Paddy was the only one crazy enough to carry them all the way to the circuit

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2006, 02:49:32 pm »

Monkey - like you I haven't been to Donnington for many a long year... the last time was in the Marc Surer F2 era.  I think the spectator banks have changed somewhat since my last visit, but I have to say what a fantastic place to watch racing Donnington is.  Sweeping views from just about every vantage point.

As for the CA presence even I with my failing eyesight in advanced years spotted the guys at Redgate... was n't sure whether I should introduce myself though.  In the end I thought discretion the best course of action.

Many congrats to Team Modena.  What a fantastic chase.  Love to see the Corvettes taking a beating.  Doesn't happen often enough unfortunately.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: