Club Arnage
September 23, 2024, 09:22:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the minimum one can take?  (Read 19143 times)
combover

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2006, 09:29:41 am »

I know LM is quite a way off, but my mind started wandering (as it does when I should be writing about Modernist era concrete defects) as to what I can fit in a very samll car (i.e Westfield).

This year I took a hell of a lot of stuff, most of which I never used, some of which I did.

What is the least amount of kit someone has taken and been ok with?

C

Full Time Le Mans Junkie, Part Time Honourary Gamesman
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 09:39:34 am »

All you really need is a passport and credit / debit card.

If you're happy to buy stuff, use it and leave it there, most 'essentials' can be bought at Carrefour or your other hypermarket of choice.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Ferrari Spider
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 09:58:50 am »

The other place to pick up a bargain is actually on one of the campsites.  Easy access, most of them are four parts to the wind the moment their feet touch french soil, so they won't miss anything you fancy and its free.
combover

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 10:01:18 am »

The other place to pick up a bargain is actually on one of the campsites.  Easy access, most of them are four parts to the wind the moment their feet touch french soil, so they won't miss anything you fancy and its free.

Are you now the proud owner of a lovely Haglofs soft shell jacket by chance? I wouldn't mind picking one up next year if you're about... Roll Eyes

Ferrari Spider
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 10:05:59 am »

Are you now the proud owner of a lovely Haglofs soft shell jacket by chance? I wouldn't mind picking one up next year if you're about... Roll Eyes

is this some sort of secret wrinkley code Huh
rcutler
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 10:12:06 am »

I know LM is quite a way off, but my mind started wandering (as it does when I should be writing about Modernist era concrete defects) as to what I can fit in a very samll car (i.e Westfield).

This year I took a hell of a lot of stuff, most of which I never used, some of which I did.

C

I cycle camped in 1998.

BTW I now take a 35 foot American RV, and tow a car.
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2006, 10:16:26 am »

C

I cycle camped in 1998.

BTW I now take a 35 foot American RV, and tow a car.

Rick you don't, your long suffering father takes HIS 35 foot american camper and you go along.  BTW are you camping with him this year, I know when i spoke with him on the last Monday of LM he was mighty pissed off with you.
rcutler
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2006, 10:54:18 am »

No he was not pissed of with me it was the other guys that we were with.
It will be me and dad only next year. Newbies possibly from next door and guys from Dad's work may or may not come back (Family Issues).

I have already booked for next year. Just waiting for BF to release 07 prices.
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2006, 11:00:24 am »

No he was not pissed of with me it was the other guys that we were with.
It will be me and dad only next year. Newbies possibly from next door and guys from Dad's work may or may not come back (Family Issues).

I have already booked for next year. Just waiting for BF to release 07 prices.

lets not have a tiff, dear, i can only report what we actually discussed.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2006, 11:02:49 am »

Rick you don't, your long suffering father takes HIS 35 foot american camper and you go along.  BTW are you camping with him this year, I know when i spoke with him on the last Monday of LM he was mighty pissed off with you.

LMAO  Grin

Steve East Anglian cobras

combover

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2006, 12:08:30 pm »

Sorry having a bad day. I'm just after knowing what realistically I can get away with taking, or not taking. Is a Westfield a silly idea?

I don't have much knowledge of long-distance driving, but this is something I want to do.
Or will it be ridiculously cramped and too inconvenient?

C

RichUK
CA Veteran

KK

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2006, 12:28:52 pm »

Lots of people make the trip in a Caterfield or similiar, so I'd imagine you'd be fine. Smiley

I've come to believe that Le Mans is the centre of the universe.
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2006, 02:04:27 pm »

Sorry having a bad day. I'm just after knowing what realistically I can get away with taking, or not taking. Is a Westfield a silly idea?

I don't have much knowledge of long-distance driving, but this is something I want to do.
Or will it be ridiculously cramped and too inconvenient?

C

the most important question is your own personal body hugeness Wink, me, i wouldn't even get a knee in let alone my arse.  don't forget you'll also need a van or truck to bring life's necessities.
combover

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2006, 02:12:39 pm »

the most important question is your own personal body hugeness Wink, me, i wouldn't even get a knee in let alone my arse.  don't forget you'll also need a van or truck to bring life's necessities.

I weigh 60 Kg, so i'm not huge and am fairly flexible.

fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2006, 02:49:48 pm »

A rubber man!! westies/caterham/locusts are ok but you really need an estate at least..for the fridge, genny, tents, gazeebos and crates of kronenbourg to build the wall Grin

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: