Club Arnage
June 26, 2024, 01:36:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jacques villeneuve  (Read 31373 times)
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 01, 2006, 03:19:42 pm »

I think you will find that you are actuallly a knob Grin
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 01, 2006, 03:22:26 pm »

Mr Zarse - my last entry must have been posted pretty much simultaneously with yours.

The knob gag was for the benefit of Fax!
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 01, 2006, 03:22:51 pm »

Just read through this thread and I feel it's got much too "lovey dovey" with everyone agreeing to disagree, etc.  I think it would be a much better debate if those involved drew more on the personal weaknewses of their opponents.

Words like; "wncr", "old fart", "clueless nob", "limey", "yank" might be good suggestions as places to start.

Ding Ding

Dave, you make a very good point, but being away from these shores you've fotgotten how the British act; everyone apologises but nobody means it. I for one think that anyone who disagreed with me and Fax is a complete ccksckr. Wink

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 01, 2006, 03:24:34 pm »

Old Fart Clueless Yank Nob?  And damn proud of it! Grin
One afternoon spent sitting in the stands IMS told me everything I need to know about contemporary F1. (I don't even like to call it that, I prefer "High Dollar, No Passing Allowed, Spec Racing")
OFCYN Fax

Old fart clueless limey nob here?  Grin

You got it all wrong Fax you t+sser Grin

It should be called 'Formula For uninformed corporate invites now going silly having ingested tons' FFUCINGSHIT. Grin
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: September 01, 2006, 06:28:40 pm »

On another slighty less contraversal note, today is the anniversary of Stefan Bellof tragic demise at Spa in 1985.

I wonder how he would have faired against Senna, Mansell and Prost?

He was famed for his hard driving and the thought of him battling his contempories in equal machines would, i think have been a sight to behold.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 01, 2006, 06:33:07 pm »

Pretty damn well I would say.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 01, 2006, 06:37:33 pm »

Pretty damn well I would say.
Senna, Mansell, I'll give you.  Prost, not so sure.  Dull as ditchwater to watch but a master and without the personality disorders of the other two.  And still going strong.  Awaits barrage of abuse.....

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 01, 2006, 06:45:34 pm »

Despite my apparent blind hatred of all Johnny Foreigners,  Huh I would have to agree The Prof was a top egg.

Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: September 01, 2006, 06:50:14 pm »

Risking the wrath of Dave H I agree. Prost was every bit as quick as the others and knew when to keep his mouth shut.

Its hard to tell how Bellof would have turned out. He took alot of risks and was not above giving the odd nudge. Could he have been like Senna or an earlier Shumacher?

BTW do you know if there is any truth in the rumour that Prost's sudden exit from Renault had anything to do with being caught in bed with the wife of a high ranking Renault manager?

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 01, 2006, 06:53:59 pm »

Not heard that before, but he IS French!

Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 01, 2006, 08:52:55 pm »

Nice to see some salvos being fired.  Well done chaps.

Ahhhh.  Finally back in the US today.  Was in the UK all of last week and managed to create a bit of a continuous photoshoot in central London when it came to speed cameras.  Some day they're gong to track me down.

The Flash
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 01, 2006, 09:27:56 pm »

Not heard that before, but he IS French!
Don't you mean he IS a bloke?

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Fax
« Reply #102 on: September 01, 2006, 10:04:30 pm »

Wow! Its been twenty years already since Bellof's ill-fated attempt to pass Jacky Ickx at Eau Rouge.  I always rated Bellof very highly, still holds the outright lap record at the Ring.  But like GV before him probably too fearless for his own good.  I think had he survived a few more years and settled down, Germany would have crowned their first World Champ long before what-his-face.
Regarding The Little Prof?  The ultimate thinking man's driver.  Perfect combination of raw speed with a calm, clinical mind, for the turbo area.  How many times in 1985 & 86 did we see a Senna Lotus Renault take off like a scalded cat at the start of a race and build up a huge lead, only to find himself during the final laps of a race out of fuel, tires spent, brakes shot, with a red & white McLaren looming in his mirrors.  Alain was a master at preserving a car, especially during the early laps when the cars were pig heavy with fuel (remember, no refueling 1984-1994).
I have heard the same story that Alain got chucked out of Renault at the end of 1983 because he was having a affair with Mrs Gerard Larrouse.
Fax
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 10:07:47 pm by Fax » Logged
Fax
« Reply #103 on: September 02, 2006, 06:21:23 am »

Was thinking about Bellof tonight, shame that the Porsche 956 didn't have better than the structural integrity of a beer can. Stefan (and Manfred Winkelhock) would still be around today.  Most remember how Senna was catching Prost in the torrential rain at Monaco in 1984 when the race was stopped early.  But most also don't remember Bellof in the Tyrrell was catching them both hand over fist!
Fax
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 06:25:55 am by Fax » Logged
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 02, 2006, 10:23:41 am »

What IS going on here? ECA, OFCYN, Mr Zarse and Nordic all agreeing about a driver?  We must stop this right now or Dave H will be on our case. Huh

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: