Club Arnage
June 26, 2024, 02:18:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jacques villeneuve  (Read 31383 times)
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2006, 06:04:49 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XTXqw-7QWs

Mansell overtaking Nelson P was a great move as was his pass of Berger in Mexico.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmXsq78Ch_w

Big balls for sure. shame he was (is) such a self serving twat.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2006, 06:10:07 pm »

Nice one Nordic.

There you go Monkey - tarmac kissing too!
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 30, 2006, 06:16:38 pm »

Big balls for sure. shame he was (is) such a self serving tw**t.

I remember hearing a story about him. He owns (owned a golf club) and was conducting the first ever corporate event there. The club provided food and hospitality and the like, and also insisted on providing the prizes all charged at great expence to the client company. They were very nice and rather expensive prizes ( silver cups trophies etc) Mr Mansell was invited to play and graciously accepted. He then went about winning everything. You would think he would then declare himself as a non competitor and allow the company to share the prizes among the corporate guests. No allegedly he kept the lot!! Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 06:39:06 pm by monkey » Logged
Fax
« Reply #78 on: August 30, 2006, 11:40:58 pm »

His boxing in of Senna behind Stefan Johannson's Onyx in the 1989 GP of Hungary was a work of art too.  But everyone seems in agreement, the guy had some serious character issues.
In 1995 I asked a couple of Newman-Haas mechanics if they were happy to have Michael Andretti back on the team, they said yes, but they were even happier to be rid of Mansell.  During the 1994 season he absolutely refused to do any testing, leaving it entirely to Mario, while Nigel worked on his golf game.  But then Mansell would show up at a race weekend and sit around and bitch about the car's setup.  By the end of '94 everyone in CART was glad to see his backside heading out the door.  By all acounts Patrick Head couldn't stand him either.  When he returned to Williams in 1991 it was Sheridan Thyne (spelling?) who pitched the idea of Nigel's return to Frank Williams and the sponsor's.  Apparently Patrick Head was completely opposed to it.
Fax
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 30, 2006, 11:53:36 pm »

I was also at Stowe for that overtaking move!
I have a friend who used to work for the Williams test team when they were developing the active ride. Mansell so detested active ride he took the non active car out at the the end of the test and went quicker. He sure has balls, just wish he would shut up sometimes.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2006, 02:16:42 pm »

Mansell so detested active ride he took the non active car out at the the end of the test and went quicker.

A mischievous thought has crossed my mind...  Don't suppose he was deliberately holding back when in the 'active' car do you..?
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2006, 02:23:18 pm »

Mansell so detested active ride he took the non active car out at the the end of the test and went quicker.

A mischievous thought has crossed my mind...  Don't suppose he was deliberately holding back when in the 'active' car do you..?
Perish the thought!

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Fax
« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2006, 05:49:54 pm »

If memory serves me correctly he was rather disinterested in the active project until Nelson used the active car at Monza in 1987 and promptly went out and blew everyone's door off.  I think Mansell's intial distaste for the active route came from Lotus first tests with active suspension in 1983 when the sensors had a annoying habit of sending the wrong signals to the computer and the car tended to do some alarming things.
Fax
Radar
CA Veteran

What is this llama sh*t anyway?

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2006, 05:57:27 pm »

I reckon the only reason people sneer at Mansell and say he wasn't in the same league as Senna and Prost was because he was basically a whingeing git. But he could make the rest of them look daft, and did so frequently.

The driver who most reminds me of Mansell (in the car) is Takuma Sato. Shame no proper team is willing to take a risk on him. Seems its better now to have someone who will drone around relatively quickly and wait for the pitstops (R. Schumacher?) than a fighter who will actually try to overtake, and occasionally bin it.
Fax
« Reply #84 on: August 31, 2006, 06:03:42 pm »

Your assuming that we actually tune in and watch F1 now. Wink  Some do, some don't. I haven't watched a GP since the one I attended on freebie tickets at Indy.
Fax
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 31, 2006, 08:42:47 pm »

Just read through this thread and I feel it's got much too "lovey dovey" with everyone agreeing to disagree, etc.  I think it would be a much better debate if those involved drew more on the personal weaknewses of their opponents.

Words like; "w**k*r", "old fart", "clueless nob", "limey", "yank" might be good suggestions as places to start.

Ding Ding
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 01, 2006, 10:19:04 am »

Just read through this thread and I feel it's got much too "lovey dovey" with everyone agreeing to disagree, etc.  I think it would be a much better debate if those involved drew more on the personal weaknewses of their opponents.

Words like; "wncr", "old fart", "clueless nob", "limey", "yank" might be good suggestions as places to start.

Ding Ding
OK then.  How can that old fart Fax, the clueless yank nob, possibly think he has a right to comment on F1 if he never watches it unless some limey wncr gives him a free ticket?
ECA Wink

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 01, 2006, 10:38:16 am »

I think it would be a much better debate if those involved drew more on the personal weaknewses of their opponents.

Words like; "wncr", "old fart", "clueless nob", "limey", "yank" might be good suggestions as places to start.

Ding Ding

weaknewses!! Learn how to spell you wncr old fart clueless nob!! How is that for starters  Grin Grin
Fax
« Reply #88 on: September 01, 2006, 03:11:23 pm »

Old Fart Clueless Yank Nob?  And damn proud of it! Grin
One afternoon spent sitting in the stands IMS told me everything I need to know about contemporary F1. (I don't even like to call it that, I prefer "High Dollar, No Passing Allowed, Spec Racing")
OFCYN Fax
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 01, 2006, 03:19:01 pm »

The driver who most reminds me of Mansell (in the car) is Takuma Sato. Shame no proper team is willing to take a risk on him. Seems its better now to have someone who will drone around relatively quickly and wait for the pitstops (R. Schumacher?) than a fighter who will actually try to overtake, and occasionally bin it.

Eh? Honda? Not a proper team?

Ok Sato is very enthusiastic, but he gets completely carried away. His ambition is in inverse proportion to his talent and in my opinion that is his greatest weaknews.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: