Club Arnage
June 26, 2024, 02:01:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jacques villeneuve  (Read 31379 times)
paultarsey

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2006, 02:59:55 pm »

So JV has got the boot from F1 and has stated in the past that LM was a possibility.  So therefore Monsieur Peugeot, give him a ring and ask him to lead your new oil burning team at Le Mans next year.  Who else would we like to see given a real chance at LM glory?
Old |Git
fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 04:32:40 pm »

yup.. see link on page 2 with who we think he should drive for... Grin

Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 04:50:53 pm »

I would still like to see Martin Brundell have a serious attempt to win.
He has helped develop some descent cars over the years.

TWR cats

Nissan - 1997.   4 cars in the top 10 in 1998 probably a result of his input

Loved the Toyota's. Nikarno was catching the eventual winning Beemer until he got a puncture with about 40 minutes to go.

He had quite an input into the Bentley's so I think he deserves another crack at it, and would probably be grateful for a weekend away from "The Cock"

Johny Herbert, give him a drive a great crowd pleaser and always put on a good show.

Bring bak the old gits I say

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 04:59:45 pm »

agree totally Grin
brundle, did blundell have a crack also?, herbert and warwick.. team 'just for men'..

old age and treachery will over come youth and skill, as the saying goes Cool  be like wacky races Grin
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 05:24:34 pm by fagey » Logged

Fax
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 05:20:13 pm »

Am I alone in being slightly bemused at how humble JV has become all of the sudden?  This was a guy who seemed genuinally a nice guy when he raced in the Atlantics over he in 93, had a nice chat with him in the Mid-Ohio paddock.  Same when he raced in CART, but then he has F1 success and turns into a complete self-important, a-hole.  Now all of the sudden he finds himself chucked out of the F1 community and he's suddenly Mr Nice Guy again?  I tend to agree with JV Sr.,  He's a spoiled, self absorbed little prick who's had eveything handed to him his whole life because of who his daddy was.
Fax
paultarsey

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 05:30:15 pm »

Come on now Fax ... don't sit on the fence, tell it like it is!
rcutler
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 05:31:28 pm »

Like the new avatar Fagey!
fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2006, 05:40:24 pm »

just the mention of JV and it had to appear Grin.. notice the similarity Huh

Fax
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2006, 05:50:16 pm »

Just that I've seen him as a bit of a phoney.  Couldn't hold his father or uncle's underpants as a driver.  Very overrated, remember he was world champ in a car that was head & shoulders better than the rest.  I remember when he made it to F1 he sat around bashing Indycar racing, saying how he never stoop to doing anything less than F1 again...Funny how things workout Wink  As I said, always seemed a spoiled brat to me.  His father didn't leave Joanne and the kids much money when he checked out but she remarried a wealthy Italian and Jacques grew up with a silver spoon in his mouth from then on. Much like the Andretti kids, daddy's name put him in rides he didn't really earn.
Fax
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2006, 06:41:31 pm »

agree totally Grin
brundle, did blundell have a crack also?, herbert and warwick.. team 'just for men'..

old age and treachery will over come youth and skill, as the saying goes Cool  be like wacky races Grin

Of course Brundle (1990 Jaguar) and Herbert (1991 Mazdaspeed) have both won the race. Although I think I am right in thinking that Brundle was swapped to the winning car when his charge expired in the middle of the night? I would like to see fast Eddie Irvine have another crack I remember him chasing to the wire one year when he took second place on the virtually the last corner of the last lap (1994?) in a Toyota 94 CV Great stuff;D
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 06:43:58 pm by monkey » Logged
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2006, 06:50:09 pm »

I remember him chasing to the wire one year when he took second place on the virtually the last corner of the last lap (1994?) in a Toyota 94 CV Great stuff;D

Yup, that was Irv the Swerve in 94, overtook the second placed Dauer Porsche into the Ford Chicane on the last lap. We were on the terraces at the far end of the pit lane watching it on the screen but you didn't need a scren to see the tyre smoke. If only we could have finishes like that now.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2006, 08:08:10 pm »

Yup, that was Irv the Swerve in 94, overtook the second placed Dauer Porsche into the Ford Chicane on the last lap. We were on the terraces at the far end of the pit lane watching it on the screen but you didn't need a scren to see the tyre smoke. If only we could have finishes like that now.

I was there too, but on the tower at the end of the pit lane (now demolished) couldn't see a thing until they went past but we knew he got bye by the reaction of the crowd on the tribs!! I still reckon we’ve more finishes like that to look forward to Bob.  Grin
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2006, 01:11:22 am »

I gather JV is doing a big demolition job on Schuey in this month's F1 mag, or somesuch. Or is that what we are referring to here?  Huh
Fax
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2006, 06:56:27 am »

Oh Jesus! Does someone actually read F1 Magazine?
Bwaahaahhhh! Grin
Sorry for those suckers...fools and their money are easily parted. (Bernie thinks so Wink)
Fax
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2006, 02:22:05 pm »

fools and their money are easily parted.
Fax

Can you lend us ten bucks mate?  Wink

Personally, whilst JV might be a little on the self-obsessed side, I'm not sure he's as bad as you've painted him. I understand he was sometimes known to tell sponsors that he would not be making personal appearances etc, which to my mind is only a good thing. He was a pretty quick driver too, if not quite as reckless as his late great father. And since when was having your widowed mother marry a rich bloke a heinous crime? Personally I'm looking forward to his spat with MS, but I won't be paying F1 mag to read it, hopefully it'll be on the internat somewhere.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: