Club Arnage
October 06, 2024, 11:24:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This newbie is really an old git!  (Read 14440 times)
paultarsey

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2006, 12:24:13 pm »

Never mind 86 year olds having trouble with technology, I had enough trouble working the map and I'm 'only' 55.  Still, I think I am on it now, damned if I know where though.
Old Git
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2006, 12:31:10 pm »

can't see you yet?
paultarsey

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2006, 12:35:57 pm »

Bums!  I will try again but will have to put a techie anorak on first.  Anybody got a pin?
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2006, 07:34:15 pm »

Don't waste your time is my advice. I think I hate this stupid map just about more than anything else on Club Arnage and that includes the spammers. It's not user friendly and it's based on american software, so it had not heard of Crawley West Sussex or even Gatwick airport. If you're from Southampton and you're lucky it will show you as Southampton, otherwise it's London.

When it was first posted on here I recall writing some very disparaging words about it (and it's supporters!) which I won't repeat. Suffice to say - what a load of CRAP!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 07:37:41 pm by Andy Zarse » Logged

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2006, 07:49:29 pm »

Don't listen to Mrs Zarse, he's just having a bad hair day Wink  The beauty of the MAP is that you can pin point your exact location.  Even my place abroad has a hat pin right on the swimming pool.  Even though it hasn't heard of Seminyak.

Mind you, how can a programme have ears Cheesy
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2006, 08:12:27 pm »

Don't listen to Mrs FS either I tried to pinpoint my address and the closest it could get was some Godforsaken hole about 3 miles from where I actually live.

I haven't spent the last 25 years moving house and climbing up the property ladder to have some rubbish American orientated website try and put me back among the peasants

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2006, 08:31:10 pm »

Don't listen to Mrs FS either I tried to pinpoint my address and the closest it could get was some Godforsaken hole about 3 miles from where I actually live.

I haven't spent the last 25 years moving house and climbing up the property ladder to have some rubbish American orientated website try and put me back among the peasants

the programme is quite able to pinpoint your exact location, down to the front door, that's if the satellite saw it.  what you're hearing are the beating's of the computer illiterate
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2006, 09:27:58 pm »

the programme is quite able to pinpoint your exact location, down to the front door, that's if the satellite saw it.  what you're hearing are the beating's of the computer illiterate

No it's the bleating of someone with too much time on their hands. And by the way, I'm in a good mood today!

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2006, 10:41:52 pm »

No it's the bleating of someone with too much time on their hands. And by the way, I'm in a good mood today!

hope that it isn't a pop at me Mrs Zarse, I'm fully occupied at present and have a number of deadlines for international magazines to meet.  BUT still find time to help our new CA chums out. Wink

would you be another person that would like to have a quiet word with me at Donny?  There seems to be a bit of a queue forming.  NEXT Cheesy
fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2006, 09:09:46 am »

managed to get the pin on jersey... thank heavens it didnt land on guernsey Wink full of tomatoes and stables Wink

Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2006, 09:40:45 pm »

managed to get the pin on jersey... thank heavens it didnt land on guernsey Wink full of tomatoes and stables Wink

Surprised it recognised Jersey as ther are so few locals over there it should be re-named as little Poland, Madeira, Portugal, Ireland, Wales, Italy etc etc but not Jersey And we are proud of our tomatoes unlike the Jersey growers who dumped so many 'Royals'  a few years ago they polluted the streams!

PS. Fagey, I will prob be over in Sept for work perhaps meet for a beer or molotof cocktail.

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2006, 10:16:30 am »

PS. Fagey, I will prob be over in Sept for work perhaps meet for a beer or molotof cocktail.

>Martini...

would be absoulutely delighted to welcome you for a beer or 10.. will need it soon as I am wading through millions of emails Sad first day back at work and all that!

Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2007, 08:35:21 pm »

Paul,

Where in Emsworth do you live, I'm in Record Road.

Jerry

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: