Club Arnage
October 02, 2024, 04:26:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Its very Quiet  (Read 10178 times)
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2006, 06:22:03 pm »

Alternatively, muslim only flights / airlnes

Until people start to behave

I like that idea.
I will get my surface to air rocket ready.

Ok, I know this isn't the place for politics and the mods can remove this post if they want to, but....
Lets not tar everyone with the same brush here.
What we are talking about is extremists hanging on to the Muslim faith, not Muslims in general.
Cat Stevens and Imran Khan are Muslims and I don't think they are likely to be looking to blow anything up.

The IRA used to blow things up in London, they are 'Catholics' and the UDA/UVF used to murder people  and blow things up in The North they are 'Protestants', but we didn't  call for Catholic/ Protestant only shops and bars and then make comments like "I'm ready with my grenades".
My family are Catholics but I don't inmtend to go out and blow up a Protestant.

Yes the people responsible for 9/11 and this plan are evil and deserve to be hunted down and dealt with but they do not represent the Muslim faith in general..

A little tolerance goes a long way in this world.

Steve, I can't see how a little political debate on CA can hurt provided we keep it reasonable and within the rules of the Forum. I think you'll find Randy was joking. What's slightly less amusing is this article in the Grauniad -

http://www.guardian.co.uk/religion/Story/0,,1804078,00.html#article_continue

Whilst I don't necessarily disagree with your sentiments, this poll does make for pretty uncomfortable reading.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2006, 03:36:14 pm »

The mods can also remove this if they feel a need, but.

British muslims are, to a very large extent related to muslims who were under attack in Uganda and possibly other African places. This was in the seventies when many of us were too young to watch the news or too young to have been born. Sadly they were subjected to terrorism by the regime, property was stolen off them (No other way to describe it) and they were desperate for someone to help them.

This country stuck up for them, actively helped many of them to get out of trouble there and made thousands of them welcome here. This country being the United Kingdom. I don't remember many other countries being over enthusiastic in giving them assistance.

The Ugandan monster was actually, very noisily concerned that the Asians in his country were taking it over and was acting, in his loudly stated opinion, to prevent his nation being changed against their will, so he began the ethnic attacks.

We made them welcome fed and clothed them and allowed them to bring in relatives etcetera.

Now it seems we should ask, why?

I was less scared when we were under threat from Russia and H bombs than I am now, and these are folks we helped.

I dont see them attacking Uganda. I do not understand why so many of them hate me, I have had many mates from their community in my time.

(OK I am asking for it with that bit I know, Fran)

I never even voted for B-liar

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2006, 04:04:42 pm »

Eh?  Huh
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2006, 03:28:02 pm »

Eh?  Huh

Err...

"I do not understand why so many of them hate me"

that bit Fran, I was worrited about presumptuousnessnessness!

needn't have worrried hey?

Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2006, 06:28:21 pm »

Oh Perdu - I am not such a harsh judge of character as you imagine!  Cool
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2006, 03:38:45 pm »

Bill, as far as I know, none of those arrested this time, or indeed previously, have any background at all with the Ugandan Asians. The UA's represent a relatively small prortion of the muslim population of the UK, and most of them have become sucessful in business and the professions. Certainly as far as I know UA's do not make up the disaffected segment of the community to whom you refer in your post.

Having said that, I've decided I've totally had enough of all religion. It's such a load of codswallop in my opinion. I'm not saying it can't teach us something but all that nonsense about heaven and hell and a greater being watching over us. The whole thing is an artifice, all built on a lie. I find myself reaching for "The Thirst for Annihilation"  by Nick Land, the great writer-philosopher, who makes some interesting comments on religion-

"I have not been a theist for a single second of my life. In my first assemblies at primary school, when the theistic idiocy was first wheeled out, I remember thinking: it is natural that adults should lie to you, but is it really necessary for them to insult the intelligence quite this much? As for the longing to believe, nothing is more alien to me, because nothing is more obvious than the fact that humanity - far from being a creation - is a disease. Why should the absence of a divinity analogical to mankind be more disturbing than the absence of a giant tortoise supporting the world on its back? If pressed, I would be forced to argue that the latter belief offers more consolation, adds greater richness to cosmology, exhibits greater intellectual sophistication. Monotheists are like those dull and uninspired children who compel you to patronise them. In the end, one has to ignore them, one cannot stoop far enough to argue, after all, if they are capable of believing such things, what are they not capable of believing?"

Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2006, 03:59:47 pm »

I though that the Ugandan Asians (and the Kenyan) came from Gujerat, which is predominantly Hindu

Its more complicated; remember that Bin Laden was a rich kid, not a refugee.

I have to agree with Zarse on religion, "It's such a load of codswallop", but codswallop never killed anyone

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2006, 04:01:06 pm »

Absolutely agree with ant-itheists, (in the main and reserving my right to change the old mind at any time death might be imminent,  Grin) Andy.

However, FYI the lawyer that is fighting for most of the terrorist suspects in police custody and has been fighting hard to save the evil Dr Hook character Abu Hamza, Ms Mussadar Arani came to this country as a nine year old when her family was expelled by Idi Amin's government. She was born in Kampala. She is also defending Muktar Said-Ibrahim one of those arrested last year for trying to blow up the transport system.

This is of course a successful business woman.

If she were grateful to us she doesn't seem able to show it, even though she has raked in over a million pounds from legal aid.

Oddly enough this came into prominence in this morning's paper and doesn't reassure me.

Still worried...

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2006, 04:37:23 pm »

Bill I said the UA's had done bloody well!!

But since when was acting as a defence lawyer a crimainal offence? Does that make the bloke who defended Ian Huntley the equivalent of a murderer? I have rarely met a "moral" lawyer nor one not happy to make a fortune from the Legal Aid fund.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 04:39:59 pm by Andy Zarse » Logged

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2006, 04:43:58 pm »

I have to agree with Zarse on religion, "It's such a load of codswallop", but codswallop never killed anyone

Nor did religion per se, it's just so many words in a book. However, people acting in the name of religion is another matter.

The Land quote continues-

"In the first moment in which I understood what I was being asked to believe I immediately knew WHY I was being asked to do so. Could there be a less subtle, a more brutal way of trying to frighten people into being good? I cannot think of one, however strenuous my attempts. God the father ... what could be less challenging than a psychoanalysis of monotheism? A delusion that refuses to hide itself, to mask or complicate itself, to compromise its tedious insanity; its critics - after scarcely begining the task of demolition - have always caught themselves yawning. The great defence mechanism of this cult; to be too uninteresting to fight. Morality has clung to inanity with an unmatched fervour, the most hated heretics were always those who threatened to introduce thought, enquiry, or style into religion; to undermine its monotony. To be burnt by the church it sufficed to question the omnibanality of God."

Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2006, 11:45:42 pm »

Having said that, I've decided I've totally had enough of all religion. It's such a load of codswallop in my opinion.

Eternal damnation for you, sinner.

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2006, 10:00:20 am »

A bit quiet, you're not kidding!
I've been wearing the same underpants for the last three weeks now. Mind you, my luggage was returned a little while ago so that can't be used as an excuse any more, I think I'll just call it my own little experiment.
Prompted by this outbreak of airbound madness, a friend of mine has misguidedly joined the the Anti Terrapin Squad. I'm sure he thinks he's going to make a difference, and I can see him now, rooting around at the bottom of the garden lifting up the fronds of broad leaved plants, taking peeks underneath and trying to look hard. No pond is safe. His goal is to get his hands on the Terrapins head, but I'm not putting any money on him, they can be cunning b*stards, and how many places are there in High Wycombe are there to hide? A lot, I'd say.
All in all, I can recommend Marks & Spencers, and might drop a testimonial off at their local branch this afternoon.
Can I come out now, sergeant?
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2006, 11:26:19 am »

In response to the lack of piety displayed by messers Zarse and Harper, as well as the shortage of clean underwear alluded to by Mr. H, I offer the following product, availaible (surprise!) from the U.S.  Home of all things good, evil-repellant and fluffy soft.  All this with the added benefit of registering your unwavering support for the home team.  Get yours before 2010! (In the event of Armageddon, refunds will not be available).  Grin

http://armorofgodpjs.com/product_information.htm

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2006, 11:56:45 am »

I bow down before your pious pajamas. I've no doubt they'd put a stop to any nocturnal impure thoughts, words or deeds. Precisely why they are styled like a medieval middle eastern carpet salesman and his wife must remain one of God's mysteries.

I can only ask the Good Lord to give us our daily bread, failing that I'll have to get some from the Carrefour bakery. These bars look tasty mind. The seven foods of the Deuteronoy are of course Jaffa cakes, Kelloggs Crunchy Nut Cornflakes, Richmond Irish Recipe Pork Sausages, Cornetto (original flavour), Monster Munch, Picalilli and a holy Sherbert fountain.

* Holy_Healthy.jpg (119.33 KB, 430x618 - viewed 218 times.)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 12:02:12 pm by Andy Zarse » Logged

Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2006, 12:13:29 pm »

Do the PJs come with boxing gloves?

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: