Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 12:20:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tertre Rouge Camping  (Read 4263 times)
TonyT
CA Veteran

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2006, 06:26:25 pm »

Just got the bad news about Musee being closed for camping and now need to decide where to go.

Anyone stay at Tertre rouge, if so what's it like, showers, toilets, etc.

Thanks in advance,

Tony
Fisherman
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 07:33:17 pm »

We stay on Tertre Rouge, as I posted on the thread about Musee there was a post on Pistonheads from someone who had been told that Tertre Rouge camping was closing due to the alterations to Tertre Rouge corner and moving to a site on the inside of the track. This seems unlikely to me as the site runs level with the essess and stops well short of the corner itself, besides the plan for the alterations I've seen involves moving the corner to slightly inside its current line, with no changes to the run from the essess to the corner. Then again the ACO don't always operate logically.
We stayed on Tertre Rouge for 2003,4 5, couldn't make it this year but have already got out request in for next year.  We've always managed to get a pitch with a view of the track, I reckon you'd want to be there by Wednesday to get this, maybe early Thursday. To get a decent view over the people stood on the other side of the fence you'll need a bit of elevation, we boarded out the roof rack of a Landy and sat on top. The campsite is convenient for the village etc, has a friendly atmosphere with many of the same people in the same pitches year after year. Exiting the curcuit is easy via the gates next to Tertre Rouge corner making access to Carrefour, the Stella Bar and the Mulsanne easy. On the down side I wouldn't want to arrive any later than Thursday morning as the ground on some of the pitches is very rough, it's not exactly lush grass anywhere on the site to be fair and we've always had to scan the ground for broken glass left behind by Moto GP scoundrels before pitching.
There is plenty of noise for the track during the race as you'd expect but you'll be used to that on Musee I'm sure. The first time we camped there I noticed the noice from the motorway behind the campsite early in the morning but I can't say it bothered me the other 2 times. I like the fact that the campsite is smaller than most, showers and toilets are fine, and the crowd are a good bunch, no thumping music all night, although it did get a bit interesting last year when some crazy Dutch threw boxes of fireworks onto their bonfire on the Sunday night. the campers are overwhelmingly British, some Dutch, Belgians and French.
Apart from ll that I'm a bit confused about these reports of a new campsite inside Tertre Rouge corner, I thought that's where the new football ground is going?
TonyT
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 08:13:45 am »

Thanks. Looks like it's going to be Tertre Rouge.

If you had a choice of where to stay on the site, what would the directions be to it from the entrance.

Cheers,

Tony
Fisherman
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 07:32:23 pm »

If you come in through the gate next to the corner itself and drive up to the site the entrance is at that end. If you turn left we pitch on the track side of the site between the entrance and the shower / toilet blocks. The ground is ok, and as I said in the previous post you can get a view of the track. If you turn right at the entrance the ground looks very sandy, but you might get a better view of the cars coming down the hill. Personally I wouldn't want to park on the motorway side of the site with the lorries going past early in the morning. Further up the site towards the Dunlop bridge you'll get more noise from the fairground rides, but there are some areas of hardstanding useful if you've got a motorhome. All this is a personal view obviously, many of the same people seem to pitch in roughly the same spots each year and obviously have their reasons for prefering them.
As I said earlier I didn't make it this year so all this is based on past years, but I've not heard of much changing this year, and hopefully the rumours of changes next year will turn out false.
TonyT
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 11:14:25 am »

More questions.....sorry.

I assume you get a lot of passing traffic like Musee. Are there any trees etc to stop putting up gazeebo's.

Cheers,

Tony
Fisherman
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 07:14:15 pm »

No passing traffic at all, apart from other inhabitants, the site is fenced off, with nice french chaps on the gates who won't let you in without a pass-out, so despite its postition it's fairly secure (he says tempting fate). There is a path on the track side of the fence so it's no use being to shy on the Saturday and Sunday, the french seemed particularly impressed with our Landy-roof viewing platform, but being pointed at and smiling and waving for the camera did wear off after a few hours.
There are a few trees doted about but nothing to stop your gazebo erection.
TonyT
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 07:17:22 pm »

Brilliant. Looks like Tertre Rouge will have a few new people next year. We arrive on Tuesday so shouldn't be a problem getting a good spot.

Thanks for all your help.

Tony
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006, 07:19:56 pm »

Brilliant. Looks like Tertre Rouge will have a few new people next year.

All you need now is some tickets..........

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Fisherman
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2006, 07:21:51 pm »

No probs, hoping to be there Tuesday ourselves, still waiting to hear from the ACO, did get my application in 1 minute after midnight on the 4th of June after they told me that was the first day they were accepting applications.
TonyT
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2006, 07:24:33 pm »

Brilliant. Looks like Tertre Rouge will have a few new people next year.

All you need now is some tickets..........

Del

Mine already ordered through JT, so hoping not to have any problems.

Thought that about Musee though...............
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: