Club Arnage
September 28, 2024, 05:14:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How was Cornwall Lang_Tall?  (Read 3499 times)
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2006, 08:17:09 pm »

I see you're back - how was the holiday?
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 01:57:27 am »

Damn, still not finished on reading up, and I'm already noticed. Grin

Kernow was very nice, being set up just between Looe and Polperro I've had some nice driving around on very small roads, wrong sided from my point of view. Wink

Spent some time at the monkey sanctuary, Tintagel (wasn't as bad as pronounced), Polperro itself (took a sail out on the 'Smuggler' along side the coast), Eden project, took a terrace a few times in Loo (2 Guinness and 2 cokes for 8 quid wasn't that bad, also the view on the beach fro that terrace wasn't) and had to spent some time at a cheese farm for brownie points (yes I know, my girlfriend is kinda weird).

Had a good drive back to Dover, was there only bit more there an hour to early, checked in (figured I didn't have enough time to do something else then wait) finding out after checkin' in that there was at least a 45 minutes delay, ferry did set sail with an hour delay. There is no fun in entertaining 2 kids on the dock in Dover I can tell ya!

Met some guys on the mongolrally, www.mongolrally.com, they started that day in London on the drive over to the capitol of Mongolia in cars you normally wouldn't expect to manage Le Mans for example. Wink How bout an 20 year old Skoda espacially swooped up in Poland... Although there is an SPS crew atending Wink http://minis2mongolia.com/ Hopefully better welded as an other mini. :p Already gave it a thought to attend in 2008, have got to much plans already for 2007 to get this one squeezed in. Pictures might follow, although they will be the standard holiday pictures. Wink

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 11:20:17 pm »

Sounds like you had a good time  Grin
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 12:00:46 am »

hey bud looks like you had a great time ! polpero is a really nice place shame it gets so so busy this time of year ! if you go in the winter its a ghost town!

been there done that doing it again !
vqdave
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

world humbering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006, 10:26:02 am »

cornwall in the winter is great. No tourists and big seas. Get yourself your favourite fishing village on the Roseland peninsula, settle down in your favourite drinking hole with a pint of doom or tribute and watch those waves breaking over the sea wall, fantastic.

LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 01:09:33 am »

Have one fun story to add:

Was wearing my Team JPC polo while attending the Eden project, and had a good laugh about the elderly lady who didn't quite understand the sentence on the back. Grin she spoke of a 'laiver' to be punished instead of a liver, so had to explain it to her. And yes, she was British. Undecided

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 12:32:37 pm »

Didn't hear that one before. Someone did ask me once why the LNER was evil though Undecided

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 06:20:36 pm »

Was wearing my Team JPC polo while attending the Eden project, and had a good laugh about the elderly lady who didn't quite understand the sentence on the back. Grin she spoke of a 'laiver' to be punished instead of a liver, so had to explain it to her. And yes, she was British. Undecided

The Laver is evil? Who? The great Aussie tennis player?

PS Was it the famous Cornish Yarg cheese factory you called at? Did you know it's called yarg cos it's the maker's surname spelled backwards.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
vqdave
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

world humbering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2006, 07:24:24 pm »

always buy some yarg from ralphns in Portscatho (my regular cornish haunt) as well as some rodda's and oggies.

Bloody emmets everywhere this time of year!!

LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2006, 09:13:09 pm »

The Laver is evil? Who? The great Aussie tennis player?

PS Was it the famous Cornish Yarg cheese factory you called at? Did you know it's called yarg cos it's the maker's surname spelled backwards.
Laiver Andy, not Laver. The same way James said Laiverpool in TG. Wink

And nope, some 'small' farm a few miles outside of Liskeard, where they produce about 1000 kg of cheese a day.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: