Club Arnage
October 02, 2024, 02:28:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Three Stooges  (Read 11531 times)
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« on: July 22, 2006, 02:21:03 pm »

Is it me, but after watching Top Gear last weekend and their efforts of camping. Did it remind anybody else of an old episode of the Three Stooges.

Does that mean, Top Gear is the updated version of the Three Stooges?

If so who is who?

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Jason
CA Veteran

Has anyone booked my hospital room?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 05:34:11 pm »

Above picture is Larry, Moe, Curley

so TG would be : Hamster, Captain Slow, Clarkson

Wooosh!!!!
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 09:01:48 pm »

Wont bother watching top gear any more cos I find that it has got boring and so predictable that caravan gag was crap I thought top gear was suposed to be for car enthusiasts not a crap comedy show!!!!! Angry

been there done that doing it again !
rcutler
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 10:04:22 pm »

That Top Gear show was appauling with the caravan! Who would tow a 1 tonne vehicle with a tow bar in that state!!!

Fifth Gear rules especially if you consider the presenters Wink I am not talking about Plato! He is a T*at like Clarkson.
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2006, 12:55:37 am »

Which presenters are you refering too then?? Smiley

Oh and be careful, I know for a fact that she looks in from time to time Wink

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2006, 12:57:23 am »

Which presenters are you refering too then?? Smiley

Oh and be careful, I know for a fact that she looks in from time to time Wink

P.S - For the fact that I was completely twisted by this point and had been since the night before, you will forgive the uneven tie and open collar Smiley

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2006, 01:27:37 am »

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh vicky mmmmmmmm thats all I'll say  Grin

been there done that doing it again !
neilsie
CA Veteran

KK

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 12:19:10 pm »

no accounting for some peoples taste i guess! Smiley
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006, 02:06:20 pm »

Wont bother watching top gear any more cos I find that it has got boring and so predictable that caravan gag was crap I thought top gear was suposed to be for car enthusiasts not a crap comedy show!!!!! Angry
I agree, its shite.  The saga with the Caterham this week was just as bad.  I wouldn't trust that lot to build anyhing.  And you know its all staged.  Caterham's mechanics must have built the car, with a few prearranged shots of the 3 Stooges, plus the Stig being stopped by the law - obviously staged.

Complain now http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2006, 02:25:18 pm »

I'm not quite sure, but isn't it illegal to use a black visor on the public highway.

I agree the programme has gone downhill fast. More a compilation of "comedy" sketches now, I much prefer 5th gear.  Even the Woman helping with the seat tipping appeared to be staged. If the seats break that easilly what chance have they got with a bunch of kids in the back.
Give it up guys, It's passed it's sell by date

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
rcutler
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2006, 02:46:37 pm »

We have had three threads based on how cr*p Top Gear is. I have emailed them linking each of these threads to see if they actually give a damn about the people who pay their wages!
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2006, 03:22:01 pm »

A fat lot of good that will do Rick. The BBC has a long history of ignoring viewers opinios. While it's true that you can't please everybody, (and I am sure that many people genuanlly enjoy Top Gear), it's the BBCs attitude to complaints that naffs me off.
They've been running Points of View for as long as I can remember and the format has always been the same, read the letters and then ignore them. Just think back to the smug bastards that have presented it over the years, Dale Winton, Anne Robinson, Wogan and Robert Robertson, all of them with the Cheesy grins and smug faces you would like to shove a branding iron into.
A programme that was supposed to give the licence payers a voice was turned into a platform for telling us how good they thought they were and for weak jokes at the viewers expence.
I'm afraid that Auntie Beeb is a law unto herself and by e-mailing Top Gear all that will be achieved will be a cheap crack at us by Clarkeson with not a chance of answing back

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2006, 03:28:33 pm »

lets have a look at it logically guys Wink  I know that's something difficult for some of you.  This season is already in the can, so you can't change that, its the most popular car show in the world, can't change that, it has maybe another season left and it will finish.... for good.

Personally, I like it, its an hour of good fun, its light entertainment, un-pc to boot.  they have good/nice cars to do some fun things with them. 
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2006, 05:07:20 pm »

I dont think this season is in the can yet Peter, I just registered for tickets for this coming Wendesday (although I dont know how far the are ahead with the broadcasts), but even I doubt wether they will listen to any constructive critisum - If only they would not try so hard to be funny, its not a comedy show and their not comediens (well not in the entertainment sense) it would be good it they were to get back to straight, objective and compartitve road tests.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2006, 06:00:22 pm »

Some of the video clips were in the can ages ago but the show is recorded earlier in the week of transmission, otherwise how would they get the topical news section in if it were pre-recorded weeks in advance? Huh

I don't go along with the train of arguement that TG's a load of crap just because it's not the televisual equivalent of Autocar, (the controls fall easily to hand etc.) It's target audience love it, eg. people like me. It's eclectically-minded, iconoclastic and irreverent. That it is often very funny is a bonus, but it's usually just damn good sunday evening entertainment based around a petrolhead theme. OK the caravan thing was a bit weak, but that's no reason to fire off ill-thought-through emails saying how crap it all is. The team set a very high standard so occsaionally things will fail. I mean, what would you film instead? Yet another back to back test on the Vectra diesel? The build-a-Caterham thing last night was terrific IMO, boy did they not get shirty with each other.

To correct a terminalogical inexactitude, we have had not had three threads on how crap it is. We have, however, had three threads based on whether people like it or not, with supporters and detractors on both sides making some valid points. If you don't like it, fine, switch the fu-cker over and watch Big Brother on the other side. The statement about "we who pay the wages" is absolutely nonsensical. TG's made by an independent production company to a very tight BBC remit and which it is contractually bound to meet. It is the most watched prog on BBC2 so I guess they've got to be doing something that appeals to somebody somewhere. And if acting the Mr Angry of Tunbridge Wells applied to half the crap on the BBC we'd spend all day complaining.

Finally, no one will ever convince me that the extremely dull Pulling Power or the low budget wannabe Fifth Gear (they can't even come up with an original name!) are better options. Fifth Gear is a blatant copy of the old TG which ironically was axed by the BBC due to quickly shrinking audiences. Sure VBH is hot to trot and she's a pretty good TV girl too. But I wouldn't swap her for any of the three TG presenters. If you want to leer over her in some sort of grubby adolescent fantasy then there's plenty of pics of her on the internet, I mean, that's what it's there for.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 06:14:01 pm by Andy Zarse » Logged

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: