Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 04:24:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Classic Photos ....  (Read 10382 times)
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« on: July 10, 2006, 05:50:57 pm »

.... will appear here!!!!  Grin

Too knacked to sort through the 4,000 when I got home this morning! (OK so 1,000 of those were from the Tour de France on Friday and Saturday but....)

Will post a few samplers this evening hopefully!

Was great to see all the CAers on MB .. top time!

Cheers

Rick
rcutler
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 07:34:01 pm »

Here are a few of my snaps:-

These were taken on a Canon IXUS 4.0 mege pixel with the standard fixed lens. About to buy myself a real camera!!  Grin

* Le Mans Classic 2006 BMW 3.jpg (72.73 KB, 800x600 - viewed 405 times.)

* Le Mans Classic 2006 BMW M1.jpg (99.18 KB, 800x600 - viewed 391 times.)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 07:38:02 pm by Rick Cutler » Logged
rcutler
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 07:35:29 pm »

Few More

* Le Mans Classic 2006 De Tamaso Pantera.jpg (80.6 KB, 800x600 - viewed 336 times.)

* Le Mans Classic 2006 Ferrari 512 BBLM.jpg (80.63 KB, 800x600 - viewed 403 times.)
rcutler
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 07:36:49 pm »

Yes I blagged my way into the Porsche Curves Media area with Mr Rick for the final two sessions on Saturday. Grin

What a joy no fences!!

One for Rick himself!!

* Le Mans Classic 2006 Porsche 936.jpg (78.69 KB, 800x600 - viewed 387 times.)
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 10:35:05 pm »

Stumpy didn't bring the Macca after all opting for his second car.

* ALENCON 4.jpg (96.75 KB, 344x397 - viewed 372 times.)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 10:37:58 pm by The Brethren » Logged

The Brethren Rock
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2006, 10:38:51 pm »

These were taken on a Canon IXUS 4.0 mege pixel with the standard fixed lens. About to buy myself a real camera!!  Grin

What would that be then Rick? Wink
rcutler
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2006, 10:56:32 pm »

Will be looking for some guidence from CA members after financial approval.

A dropped Ixus at the Classic via Travel Insurance. Should pay the deposit.
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2006, 11:00:24 pm »

Will be looking for some guidence from CA members after financial approval.

A dropped Ixus at the Classic via Travel Insurance. Should pay the deposit.

Looks like you were lucky enough to have dropped it at the close of play Wink  Very fortunate, what sort of budget do you have?
rcutler
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2006, 11:04:20 pm »

Fixed the camera temporarely at Arnage on the front passenger seat of Mr. Ricks bus.

I will be looking at around £800 for the complete Body and Lens. Would also like a couple of spare batteries and a couple of large memory cards aswell though.

Most probably looking at Canon or Nikon.

If the insurance do pay out I may have a couple of hundred extra to spend.
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2006, 11:26:54 pm »

20D's going cheap as chips at the moment - when we last spoke you wanted a standard lens, with a view to upgrading to something better in the future.  You could easily achieve a 20D + Battery Grip, 2 X batteries, a 1 gig memory card etc for £800 second hand. 

If you want to go new, the 30D is very nice.

I've never used Nikon (you'll soon find out that you buy a system and once you're in, its expensive to swap!) however the results I see from them are not inconsiderable.  I've been through a stage where (with FS's guidance) I've realised that some of my photos have been looking great on my screen, but rubbish on other peoples - but having sorted that out, I'm now very pleased with my canons efforts, and I only have a 300D - if you dont need the extras of a 20d, I would suggest that a 300d picked up for £300 odd would be a good budget starting point for you as well.

If you want to play with my canon, please feel free to give me a buzz....I need some help from you shortly anyway Smiley 

Brad

P.S  Peter is a veritable fountain of photography knowledge as well - weigh up all the options before you take the plunge - we will have very differing views, but once you're into a system, you'll never escape!!!!

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2006, 11:45:29 pm »

Brad, thank you for those kind words, I do what I can.  with regard to systems, I was always an Olympus OM system man, mainly for all the travel I use to do,  always wanted a Canon F1 so bought into that system in a big way and still have a number of bodies and lenses, mainly keepers, as they are quite rare.  Bought into the Nikon DSLR system because i wanted to go taking snaps underwater and at the time most systems supported the Nikon kit.

Brad is right, everyone will have a view about why their system is the best.  in the main it comes down to;  what you personally like, you may think Canon is the best and irrespective of the evidence will always pick Canon, also, how the system works for you, make sure that the image you've seen in your minds eye is the one that the camera has recorded, controls, how they are used and convenience, cost, especially as you want the system to do more, so in brads case, excellent lenses, can always move up the scale with the bodies and so on.  With a DSLR system most if not all will produce publishable A3 shots with care, DO NOT become a measureabator, think carefully about the Mega-pixel count, its not everything,  the quality of the chip, lens and electronics is far more important, I wouldn't use anything bigger than a 1-2 Gig CF card, depending on chip size, always shot RAW and get a good photo manipulation system like photoshop elements, maybe CS if you use a MAC.  Also you really do need to know your photography, crap in crap out has never been truer.

of course, you will need to make sure the system is color managed, from the monitor, scanner, printer, etc.  I always shot in RAW set everything to Adobe 1998 RGB and go from there.  the delights of color spaces and gamut's await.

Look at some of the web forums out there, plenty of advise.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 12:00:53 am by Ferrari Spider » Logged
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2006, 02:58:17 am »

I personally like my Nikon D70 and have been getting good results. Its easy to use and also lighter than the Canon. I have yet to figure out how to work a Canon when I have tried in the past. One thing I do like about the Nikon over the canon is that it has a removeable plastic LCD protector which is better to scratch and replace than scratching the screen itself.

Batterries can be picked up cheap off ebay. I bought a generic one for my Nikon for £7.50 with postage and it works just as well as my proper Nikon branded one which would cost £40 to buy from a shop.

I would at least get two 1 GB memory cards. I prefer this to one 2 GB card as if one fails you still have the other, where as if your 2 GB fails, you will have nothing.

Regards
Chris
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2006, 10:41:28 am »

I personally like my Nikon D70 and have been getting good results. Its easy to use and also lighter than the Canon. I have yet to figure out how to work a Canon when I have tried in the past. One thing I do like about the Nikon over the canon is that it has a removeable plastic LCD protector which is better to scratch and replace than scratching the screen itself.

Batterries can be picked up cheap off ebay. I bought a generic one for my Nikon for £7.50 with postage and it works just as well as my proper Nikon branded one which would cost £40 to buy from a shop.

I would at least get two 1 GB memory cards. I prefer this to one 2 GB card as if one fails you still have the other, where as if your 2 GB fails, you will have nothing.

Regards
Chris
I also love my D70.  One downside is that CompactFlash cards are pricey compared to other memory cards (Lexar are best - not my view, that of the photographic press).  I think that you are well advised to invest in an up-to-date photographic magazine as they bench test cameras and lenses and their views are less skewed by personal preferences!

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2006, 11:02:19 am »

I personally like my Nikon D70 and have been getting good results. Its easy to use and also lighter than the Canon. I have yet to figure out how to work a Canon when I have tried in the past. One thing I do like about the Nikon over the canon is that it has a removable plastic LCD protector which is better to scratch and replace than scratching the screen itself.

Batteries can be picked up cheap off eBay. I bought a generic one for my Nikon for £7.50 with postage and it works just as well as my proper Nikon branded one which would cost £40 to buy from a shop.

Regards
Chris
I also love my D70.  One downside is that CompactFlash cards are pricey compared to other memory cards (Lexar are best - not my view, that of the photographic press).  I think that you are well advised to invest in an up-to-date photographic magazine as they bench test cameras and lenses and their views are less skewed by personal preferences!

CF cards pricey?  it depends, Lexar are good, so are Sandisc, when they first came out I paid nearly 400GBP for a 1GB, so 30GBP for a GB i reckon is good value.  Of course there are various grades and speeds, match the card speed to the camera and its buffer capacity.

Magazines and Websites have allegiances  to manufacturers if you want an unbiased view look at a fan site examples are, 
http://www.fredmiranda.com/
http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/index.asp
http://www.dpreview.com/

hope this helps Peter
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2006, 11:38:49 am »

£30 for 1gb Sandisk? Amazon have them for £18.49! http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0007QU7KU/026-5741019-3146809?v=glance&n=560798&s=electronics&v=glance
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: