Club Arnage
September 28, 2024, 04:17:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ferrari vs Dodge  (Read 14044 times)
Fax
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2006, 06:35:46 pm »

No doubt HGB! Hopefully this will distract people from some of my Warsteiner fueled belligerence Grin
To borrow a line from the PGA adverts over here...These guys are GOOD!
Fax
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 06:40:29 pm by Fax » Logged
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2006, 09:23:34 pm »

Ah, now we're getting to the nub of it. It's clearly the price that offends you so. Not much to be done about price-gouging, profiteering (sinful bahavior, this 'making a profit' caper) European distributors.
The SRT-10 costs $85,745.00 - ecquivilant to GBP46,580.29 new pence. About the price of a well speced 5 Series Bimmer.
Of course, the real kicker is that you don't get paid in dollars - and I don't get paid in pounds. However, if we accept that a dollar goes as far here as a quid does in UK - a Viper is cheaper in Horley than it is in Punxatawney - so I don't know what you're whinging about.
I must say that pasting a photograph into your posting makes your washed-up argument SO much more convincing - as does your choosing to simply gloss-over the parts where you know you're dead-in-the-water.
.....and the bugger accused me of behaving like a politician!

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2006, 10:49:31 pm »

Hey Andy I take it your not a fan of the Viper then lol??? but you have to admit they sound the mutts nuts dont they Grin Grin Grin

been there done that doing it again !
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2006, 02:24:45 am »

No doubt HGB! Hopefully this will distract people from some of my Warsteiner fueled belligerence Grin
To borrow a line from the PGA adverts over here...These guys are GOOD!
Fax
Cheers Fax, lets have another beer - don't stop guys!
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2006, 12:31:13 pm »

Ah, now we're getting to the nub of it. It's clearly the price that offends you so. Not much to be done about price-gouging, profiteering (sinful bahavior, this 'making a profit' caper) European distributors.
The SRT-10 costs $85,745.00 - ecquivilant to GBP46,580.29 new pence. About the price of a well speced 5 Series Bimmer.
Of course, the real kicker is that you don't get paid in dollars - and I don't get paid in pounds. However, if we accept that a dollar goes as far here as a quid does in UK - a Viper is cheaper in Horley than it is in Punxatawney - so I don't know what you're whinging about.
I must say that pasting a photograph into your posting makes your washed-up argument SO much more convincing - as does your choosing to simply gloss-over the parts where you know you're dead-in-the-water.
.....and the bugger accused me of behaving like a politician!

What a pack of crap. Your defence of this car is pure New Labour spin (an apt expression with the Viper). And I think it's unfair to liken me to a politician, mainly because I'm telling the truth; ie. the car is expensive rubbish. Oh, and your grasp of economics is about as tenuous as the Viper's grip to the road.

I suggest you study the video again, I did. I noticed, just like a TVR, it's not got ABS. Maybe I was originally being a bit harsh on the driver; look at that baby plough straight on. I dare say you'll come up with some excuse like it was dragged over the edge by an invisible tow rope or perhaps Wile E Cyote was standing just out of shot with a comedy ACME magnet or something equally implausible. But don't you think it's more likely to be the ton of ballast (aka the engine) sitting on the front wheels? I mean, it's not even going that quickly is it? A well driven Ford Fiesta would have skinned it alive.

Whilst having my ten minutes of meditation this morning I was skimming through this month's CAR mag, specifically the Goog Bad and the Ugly summary in the back. Their verdict on the SRT10 was quite amusing (Alternatives: Merc SL, Aston DB9, or Penis enlargement surgery)  and the Pub Fact was the last one they tested caught fire (just like a TVR!) but I thought you'd like to know it was one of only a handful of cars to get a mere one * star out of a possible five.

Great fun, this.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 12:53:12 pm by Andy Zarse » Logged

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2006, 05:01:38 pm »

What a pack of crap.

Why did I never think of that as a reasoned, well formulated and persuasive argument? It's so much more compelling than actually stating your case Andy and providing a mere shread of logic - I must use this strategy more often.
I also notice that your bi-polar argument shifts from one subject to the next, as each of your hysterical tirades is blocked by facts. We have now shifted from the relative merits (or short-comings) of the car to the lack of skill of a penis-wrinkle of a driver. You can hardly argue that a car is crap because some plonker drives it off the road.
Similarly, you have made more groundless, ignorant statements - this time concerning the cars weight distribution and centre of mass - here's a thought - check the facts before launching into yet another bile-filled attack.
As for Car magazine's "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly", I remember it being amusingly written, but so biased (everything that came out of Modena  was praised, come what may) as to be a mere tongue-in-cheek postscript. I think their sum-up of the Aston Martin Vantage was, "as flash as a rat, with a gold tooth". Go figure....     

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2006, 06:09:03 pm »

Wonderful thread, Andy, Matt, please keep going Grin Grin

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2006, 08:09:27 pm »

Anyone else think this thread could go to penalties?
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2006, 08:23:25 pm »

Just remember there aint no substitute for pure grunt !!!

been there done that doing it again !
ricardo-T

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2006, 09:16:43 pm »

Pure class Matt! He's on the ropes....
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2006, 10:14:07 pm »

Nah, I'm anticipating a counter-punch from the slippery bastard at any moment....

powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2006, 11:44:44 pm »

may I just say ive longed for a Viper since I first saw one in LM 1994.AZ i think you are being very harse on its handling characteristics,you are comparing it to the Commer's which was and still is one of the finest handling vehicles ever built by great British engineers
PM
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2006, 12:01:20 am »

may I just say ive longed for a Viper since I first saw one in LM 1994.AZ i think you are being very harse on its handling characteristics,you are comparing it to the Commer's which was and still is one of the finest handling vehicles ever built by great British engineers
PM

Now you're really taking the piss  Grin

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2006, 12:46:09 am »

Nah, I'm anticipating a counter-punch from the slippery bastard at any moment....
Nah, he's gone to the classic.

I started this thread and now I can just sit back and enjoy it Grin

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2006, 11:30:19 pm »

Any chance of continuing it via text and post the replies here Grin

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: