Club Arnage
September 28, 2024, 04:16:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which campsite did you use
Houx Annexe - 20 (17.4%)
Maison Blanche - 42 (36.5%)
BSJ - 11 (9.6%)
Bleu (North or South) - 17 (14.8%)
Karting Nord - 4 (3.5%)
Tetre Rouge - 5 (4.3%)
Technoparc - 1 (0.9%)
Houx - 5 (4.3%)
Expo - 1 (0.9%)
Chapelle - 1 (0.9%)
Interior Mussee - 3 (2.6%)
Other off site etc - 5 (4.3%)
Total Voters: 106

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Campsite Poll  (Read 8599 times)
Martyn

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2006, 12:35:37 pm »

Yep, I was happy with Bleu Sud, apart from the Lotus 7 group! I just wish it could be a bit closer to the track.
We're looking at using Karting Nord next year, and getting a fairly trackside spot, I guess it's not quite as easy to get out to Carrefour and down to Arnage/Mulsanne, but it's less walking to see some action, which did hold us back on Sunday morning this year, we just couldn't really be arsed to walk through the blistering heat to get to the track!
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2006, 05:49:30 pm »

I will let you know what Karting nord is like, we will be there on Friday for the Classic. It should be easy to get in and out of during the race, I think access is under the tunnel next to the Porsche curves (i hope so cos thats the way we will be heading).
 Info on Karting Nord is a little thin on here, we will have to see.
 I think we will be on Bleu Sud again next year, mind you the wife says she will cut off my bits (her loss) and scratch the Alfa (killing offence) if I bugger off to LM with a weeks notice again!

A divorce looms me thinks Grin

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
vqdave
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

world humbering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2006, 05:50:50 pm »

Bleu nord twas just dandy thank you, only issue being a rogue chap apparently widdling on a neighbours turf  Shocked other than that, there was some ground to peg my tent into, park the car on and generally lie on and stuff, and close enough to teh circuit/village for doing stuff like drinking and playing poker. Nice.

fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2006, 05:58:00 pm »

I totally agree with vqdave... couldnt really find fault with it..

Andy Grin

neilsie
CA Veteran

KK

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2006, 06:07:08 pm »

Yep, I was happy with Bleu Sud, apart from the Lotus 7 group! I just wish it could be a bit closer to the track.
We're looking at using Karting Nord next year, and getting a fairly trackside spot, I guess it's not quite as easy to get out to Carrefour and down to Arnage/Mulsanne, but it's less walking to see some action, which did hold us back on Sunday morning this year, we just couldn't really be arsed to walk through the blistering heat to get to the track!

tis easy peasy.. just go out the site, turn left, past Houx, under the track, turn left after stella bar.  shop is a mile further down on the right.

mind you, just go to Arnarge for shopping - tis closer, less traffic etc etc.  there is a super u there (go into the town, at the high street roundabout, turn right for le mans, at the next roundabout, take a left, then its left again at the following roundabout).
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2006, 05:25:15 am »

I heard that there was a pretty decent campsite close to Alencon and with the use of sky crane and the hubble telescope we sould get a good track side view and take in all the activities without having to shift our lazy fat arses no problem.

Rusty
Hi Rusty, while the fat arses and camp site may be accurate I undersand the Grin Hubbel is once again out of focus.
Canada Phil
fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2006, 03:03:41 pm »

What a difference a month makes.. tis is before and after on blue nord for the moto gp in may Shocked

* IMG_1442.JPG (112.06 KB, 640x480 - viewed 336 times.)

fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2006, 03:04:26 pm »

after

* IMG_2398.JPG (127.18 KB, 640x480 - viewed 413 times.)

Ferrari Spider
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2006, 03:13:39 pm »

Just goes to show what a tremendous job the ACO does in making sure the campsites are prepared and ready for us.
Volks Repair Man
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2006, 03:44:12 pm »

We were quite happy on Bleu Nord, but had requested MB originally and would still be my preference.
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2006, 04:10:12 pm »

Pleased to see that MB is so popular.

Told you so

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2006, 04:11:24 pm »

according to the poll.. only just Grin

redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2006, 10:01:23 pm »

Yes it looks like Bleu is (just) second , If I hadn't said some nasty things about it earlier I would suggest that it become the official second choice maybe with a "plastic" triangle or some other name for the choice loacation.
The annexe is running it close though for those that like it on the wild side.
Best get my Bleu order in soon before it sells out!
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2006, 06:31:37 pm »

Just a few thoughts on Karting Nord.

Good shade under the trees and just a short walk to the track at Porsche Curves (there is also a small section where you can film / photograph without bloody catch fencing, its also interesting to note that at this point you do not have to have a ticket to veiw the circuit if on foot, just head towards Karting Alan Prost and watch from the car park, so take note all you cheapskates!)

Lacks atmosphere of other sites, but plenty of space. Toilets/showers never stretched. This was the classic though, may not be the case on the real 24hrs.

Ground is as hard as nails, heavy duty tent pegs are required and putting up your fences will be hard work.

Was easy to get in and out of during race.

Only real downside is that it is a long hike to MB and the village, make sure you have good footwear, blisters guaranteed.

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: