Club Arnage
September 28, 2024, 05:24:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New LMP1 Car for Next Year as part of Creation Motorsport.  (Read 6458 times)
rcutler
« on: June 29, 2006, 11:36:06 pm »

See:-

http://www.crash.net/news_view~t~KWM-planning-closed-prototype-~cid~28~id~132874.htm

* Creation.jpg (49.25 KB, 482x345 - viewed 321 times.)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 11:38:19 pm by Rick Cutler » Logged
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 06:55:07 am »

The car looks very nicely. So, we have a closed Lola and a closed Creation next year.

Although I don't like the closed cars (you can't see who's sitting in) it seems to be the future. I wonder why ? Open cars are better for pit stops and you have better access to the driver in case of an accident. There's just the better aerodynamics I come up with on a closed prototype.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 07:02:42 am by hgb » Logged

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 09:05:17 am »

Similar story on Autosport.com......

Coupe likely for Creation in 2007

The British Creation squad looks set to develop its Judd-engined prototype around a coupe body shape for next season, according to this week's Autosport.
Creation and British design company KW Motorsport turned the team's DBA4 into this year's CA06/H. 24 Hours of Le Mans rules dictate that the car must have a new monocoque for 2006 and a coupe is a likely route.
Creation team boss Ian Bickerton said: "Coupes are the way to go: they are aerodynamically more efficient and more attractive to sponsors."
KWM managing director Kieron Salter said: "Our concept is that the coupe tub can be plugged straight into the existing running gear, but we also plan to offer the car for sale without a roof."
The race's organising club, the Automobile Club de l'Ouest (ACO), have mandated that all LMP1 cars are coupes from 2010.

The Lola images were also in the Autosport mag last week, and a bit about why the ACO are proposing this route.

Part of it is for sponsorship, but also to try and curb the speed of the cars. The ACO do not want the speed to increase further becasue then I think the FIA will step in and ask for bigger run off areas, therfore more costly changes to the circuit for the ACO to cough for.

Plus I think there is a desire to make sure that the distinction between LMP1 and LMP2 is more defined. From what I read the coupe theory will be for LMP1 only, to try and get more OEM involved, because they can then silhouette a road car and try to boost the sales and image through association with a race car that resembles something you might buy......in a very loose way.

I can imagine an Audi TT roof line combined with super low front and extended tail, but at least the customer will recognise something.

The plan for LMP2 is to remain 'open' regs, more for the privateer / free thinking element.

The rules would be such that only in real strange conditions could an LMP2 realistically compete for the overall win.

Hopefully the end result will be better than the Daytona formular........

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 10:24:05 am »

Personnaly, I like the idea of a field of coupe LMP1 cars.
I kind of harks back to the 90's with the big names running coupes (Mercedes, Nissan, Toyota, Porsche etc).

I wonder what the 2007 Peugeot will look like - coupe or open car? Assuming it will be the usual 3 year programme, that will take the Peogeot up to the 2010 ACO mandate.

Steve East Anglian cobras

neilsie
CA Veteran

KK

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 11:04:51 am »

Personnaly, I like the idea of a field of coupe LMP1 cars.
I kind of harks back to the 90's with the big names running coupes (Mercedes, Nissan, Toyota, Porsche etc).

I wonder what the 2007 Peugeot will look like - coupe or open car? Assuming it will be the usual 3 year programme, that will take the Peogeot up to the 2010 ACO mandate.

well late 80's until 92 Smiley

i agree, really looking forward to this, especially if Creation can start making enough customer cars, both to enable them to have a future and to make the field more excitable.
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 01:02:39 pm »

Hopefully the end result will be better than the Daytona formular........

This is a better result than the Daytona formula:

Nice shape on the Creation.  It'll certainly be interesting to see each new design as they pop in anticipation of 2010.

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2006, 01:23:39 pm »

Wonderful news.  I prefer closed cars - 250LM/GT40/917/962/XJR12 etc

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2006, 04:05:53 pm »

Although I don't like the closed cars

Contemporary Le Mans cars should be closed cars. End of story. If it was good enough for Jag, Merc, Porsche, Nissan etc...

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Fax
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2006, 04:14:21 pm »

Chop, that Deere is probably faster than a Daytona prototype too. Wink
I'm kind split on the subject of spyder vs coupe. I loved the Group C/IMSA GTP machines, but I also have a soft spot for Porsche 936's, Alpine Renaults, Matra's, and Ferrari 312PB's
Fax
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2006, 04:23:08 pm »

Fax, I loved the way those cars went round bends and the way they sounded, especially the Ferrari. But none of them, and IMO the most handsome open topper of the era was the Alfa 33T, were really as fabulous as a 917 or an XJR etc.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Fax
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2006, 04:29:08 pm »

Agree with you on the Alfa, lovely car.
Was wondering around the historic paddock at Sebring a few years and came across one.
I was acting like a little kid on Christmas morning.
There's a nice new book out on the Alfa Tippo 33's
Fax
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 04:32:01 pm by Fax » Logged
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2006, 05:34:22 pm »

There were the CanAm cars too, the T70, M6, M8 712 & 917t.  Every one a gem, but not Le Mans.

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Fax
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2006, 05:39:38 pm »

The Can-Am cars were my first love, and Christ those things were brutes!  The McLaren M20 is still one of my favorites.  In Pete Lyons book there's a lovely photo of Peter Revson powersliding one at Laguna Seca, that is one of my favorite racing pics.
The most terrifying racing car in history (for the driver of it) had to be the little 1970 Shadow, talk about a death trap! The driver sat on it, rather than in it. Shocked
Fax
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2006, 09:16:26 pm »

Any pictures??? must say while I was in the ACO center I did drool over that lovely Bentley  Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

been there done that doing it again !
neilsie
CA Veteran

KK

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2006, 10:47:00 am »

this one?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: