Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 01:29:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: USGP this weekend.  (Read 15777 times)
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2006, 05:22:43 pm »

Fax.

Take a good book.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2006, 05:41:01 pm »

Very nice Spider!  Can never go wrong with some nice underwater pics Cheesy
Fax

V.lucky getting this shot, never been seen at this location!  also lucky i had a wide angle lens as normally i would be using a macro lens.

Its a Mola Mola, this one weighed about 2000 Lbs and was about 3.5 meters from fin tip to fin tip.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2006, 06:17:21 pm »

Fax.

Take a good book.

Pro Sports Car Racing in America does it for me.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Fax
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2006, 06:48:30 pm »

Hi FS, he's what we call a "Big 'un" great shot!
TT, Its where I get my jollies, was at the Rolex Grand-Am series race last Saturday evening at Mid-Ohio and had a great time.  I've picked on the Grand-Am series before as NASCAR's idea of sportscar racing, but hey! There was a big grid, big crowd, great venue, the racing was close and the beer was cold...Doesn't get any better than that!  Strolled over to the paddock before the race and had a quick chin wag with Andy Wallace, all the participants were out and about, hanging out with the spectators, actually looking like they were having FUN for Gods sake!
Andy, two races in the US? Hell, in 1982 there were THREE! Long Beach, Detroit and Vegas.
Fax
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2006, 07:46:41 pm »

I'll be there Saturday, and will be watching on TV from across the street on Sunday unless I decide to take someone up on their offer of free tickets.  I think I've had 4.

It's become more of a get-together with friends than a race, anyway.

And Fax, I don't want to hear you speak positively about GrandSham ever again.  Wink

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2006, 08:05:50 pm »

What the....? Mr Fax'n'Figures at a Grand Am race? Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs!
I watched it on Sunday and thought you might be there - and I have to say - not caring one way or t'other about the politics of The France family, NASCAR, IRL etc.etc, I quite enjoyed the race - the re-surfacing of the circuit has made a biiiiig difference by the look of things. Thought the Lowes Pontiac deserved the win - though my money was on the Suntrust car.
What the hell happened to the Alex Job Porsche? With Rockenfeller and Long it should be right up there every race, so who knows? I noted old Milky Don't Know threw it into the gravel in another unforced error - she should stick to ironing shirts, I'll venture .
I may even scoot over to Daytona for the Brumos 250 on Thursday night - I don't think it's going to be a sell-out, do you?

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Fax
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2006, 08:23:40 pm »

Your right Matt,
If you can ignore the politics of it, its not a bad series.
Like I said, they drew a big crowd and big grid.  The weather was terrific too.  I saw Milka beach it up in the Keyhole, also saw the shunt at the end of the race, holy crap that was a mo-fo of a tumble.  Good thing Bimmers are tough.  The Brumos should be good fun, and I love night racing. I wish they started the Mid-Ohio race later so they finished in the dark, there was still plenty of sun still in the sky when it ended.
Fax
Fax
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2006, 09:24:54 pm »

I should say its not a bad series (Grand-AM)
EXCEPT! Your right too Chop, its run by the France family...AHHHH!
Milka Duno is Egg Fu Yoong..with tits!
Fax
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2006, 03:02:06 am »

Milka Duno is Egg Fu Yoong..with tits!
Fax

Grin Grin Grin

This gets my vote as 2006 post of the year!
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2006, 09:21:38 am »

Your right Matt,
If you can ignore the politics of it, its not a bad series.
Like I said, they drew a big crowd and big grid.  The weather was terrific too.  I saw Milka beach it up in the Keyhole, also saw the shunt at the end of the race, holy crap that was a mo-fo of a tumble. 

Remove the France family and the so-called "prototypes" :rolleyes: , and it might hold my interest.  In my eyes, they'll never recover from gridding their protocraps in front of faster GT3 Porsches.  That's the lamest of the lame.  I have friends that work in the series and they tell stories of tech inspections that would curl your hair.  It's a complete joke.

Here's a video of Hand's crash.  Brilliant the way they put drainage ditches along the new access road, huh?  Good thing Lamy didn't hit one of those or that Aston might not have landed yet.

http://matt.nfscheats.com/videos/sportscars/Handcrash.wmv

SmithA
CA Veteran

smithytours.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2006, 09:33:35 am »

Did he get out ok?
Looked like the car held together pretty well, big pat on the back for the cars builders i feel.

Andy

LM 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07 - LMS Silverstone 05 - Donington 06 - Jarama 06 - Monza 07 - Valencia 07 - Silverstone 07
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2006, 11:32:15 am »

Did he get out ok?
Looked like the car held together pretty well, big pat on the back for the cars builders i feel.

Andy

http://www.whowon.com/Results.asp?TrackID=883&StoryID=191120

Fax
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2006, 04:04:14 pm »

Morning Guys,
A little late getting onboard today, my Dad's having triple-bypass surgery this morning, he went in about 9:00 so I've got a few hours to burn now, he won't be out until 3:00 PM or so.
I was spectating up in the Keyhole for most of the GA race, watched the early afternoon support stuff from the infield.  When the accident broke out we were obviously very concerned, but as you said, full marks to the construction of the car and to the marshals and medical crew who were at the car literally as debris was still bouncing around.  The guy next to me on the hill side had a scanner and was listening to the race communication so we had a pretty good idea of what kind of shape he was in from the chatter back & forth between the people on the scene and race control.
Agreed Chop on the subject of the DP's and that draining ditch, me thinks they're already looking at re-locating that.  They ought to just run a storm drain under the circuit and down the hillside on the outside of the circuit.
Fax
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 04:06:40 pm by Fax » Logged
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2006, 04:08:08 pm »

Hope Fax snr's OK.  Honestly, try that book...

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Fax
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2006, 04:26:43 pm »

Thanks for the well wishes for the old fella, he'll do great.
He's actually in terrific physical conditon, just has four seriously clogged arteries.
I've got the book I think your referring to, if it's the Dave Friedman book with the Cola Cars on the cover (the RC Cola Porsche 917's from the 1973 Can-Am series) Lovely book!
If you like that, pick up a copy of Pete Lyons masterpiece
Can-Am.  Both books are among the best racing books ever written.
Fax
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: