Club Arnage
October 06, 2024, 02:34:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: USGP this weekend.  (Read 15835 times)
Fax
« on: June 27, 2006, 03:28:07 pm »

This should be good for some shits & giggles but is any of our North Amercian contingent heading to IMS this weekend for the demise of F1 in the US?  Little bro & I have a couple of freebies so we're going over Sunday (against my better judgement) ordinarily you couldn't drag me kicking and screaming to this, but since it's probably going to be the last USGP in my lifetime, and its not going to cost me a penny except for the beer & grub I bring with me (I refuse to give Tony the Dumbass one dime), what the hell!  Anyone want to hook up and spend a few minutes ridiculing Bernie and his dog & pony show?
Fax
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 03:32:09 pm »

I thought about it - apparently I could have bought the entire rights to Stand H for $15 but that was a little high.  I'm off boating/boozing instead.  Give "Fernando big jaw" a wave from me.
Fax
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 03:36:12 pm »

Hey Dave,
I'll slap a "I'd rather be boating" sticker on the back of the car for you, and I'll send your regards to the Unibrow Grin
Fax
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 03:43:28 pm »

Fax, the dwarf shares you view!  Not sure if that is a back handed compliment to the US of A?

"Bernie Ecclestone has declared that the United States Grand Prix is not important to Formula 1, and that he will not go out of his way to secure the race's future.

"It does not matter to Formula 1 if there is no grand prix in the US," Ecclestone told The Times newspaper.

Fax
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 03:52:30 pm »

Hi FS,
I suppose he has plenty of third world nation's lined up to host races where the attendee's spend a year's salary for a ticket.  We've got a helluva lot better racing for a helluva lot less money.
Glad to hear your doing really well Peter, now get back in the water and get us some more cool ocean pics! Wink
Fax
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 04:10:54 pm »

Fax, I've been waiting for this thread to appear all year. I'm praying for a failure on last year's proportions, just so I can read your caustic post-race summary.

And I can recall when there used to be two USGPs a year...

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Fax
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 04:23:17 pm »

They (being F1) have no one to blame but themselves.  Bernie dropped the ball the first time when he decided to try and rape Chris Pook and the LBGP.  After bouncing around one money losing street circuit after another, they finally landed on a good thing at Indy and they manged to screw that up beyond imagination.  They pleaded and pleaded to get back into the US market, finally found a venue, came over the first year to a packed house, and acted like complete pompous asses.  No one within the F1 community would do any personal appearances to help promote the race, the media couldn't get any access to the F1 paddock and participants.  Even after that first year you could see the handwriting on the wall.  The attendance has declined dramatically over the six years, and as we've mentioned you can get tickets to this years race for a six pack of beer and a sack of White Castle cheesburgers.  Bernie says F1 doesn't need the US?  Well little dwaf, have a nice life and don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out!
Fax
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 04:34:21 pm by Fax » Logged
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006, 04:30:20 pm »

This should be good for some sh**ts & giggles but is any of our North Amercian contingent heading to IMS this weekend for the demise of F1 in the US?  Little bro & I have a couple of freebies so we're going over Sunday (against my better judgement) ordinarily you couldn't drag me kicking and screaming to this, but since it's probably going to be the last USGP in my lifetime, and its not going to cost me a penny except for the beer & grub I bring with me (I refuse to give Tony the Dumbass one dime), what the hell!  Anyone want to hook up and spend a few minutes ridiculing Bernie and his dog & pony show?
Fax

Fax, I'm not one for sycophancy (you yanky racist redneck, - see, there you go...) but this post is a small jewel. It should be reprinted and posted on huge billboards outside of the Indy circuit. Marvellous!
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2006, 04:38:18 pm »

Here here BigH.  Had the dubious pleasure of watching this shower at Spa last year (dragged there by a misguided mate who is into this stuff).  Love the circuit but was ripped off right left and centre.  Scarey ticket prices, overpriced merchandise, drivers who think that 90 minutes behind the wheel is such hard work they have to be protected from their audience by an army of minders.  Keep it up Fax.
All the best, Euro Candy-Ass Smiley

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2006, 04:39:20 pm »

They (being F1) have no one to blame but themselves.  Bernie dropped the ball the first time when he decided to try and rape Chris Pook and the LBGP.  After bouncing around one money losing street circuit after another, they finally landed on a good thing at Indy and they manged to screw that up beyond imagination.  They pleaded and pleaded to get back into the US market, finally found a venue, came over the first year to a packed house, and acted like complete pompous asses.  No one within the F1 community would do any personal appearances to help promote the race, the media couldn't get any access to the F1 paddock and participants.  Even after that first year you could see the handwriting on the wall.  The attendance has declined dramatically over the six years, and as we've mentioned you can get tickets to this years race for a six pack of beer and a sack of White Castle cheesburgers.  Bernie says F1 doesn't need the US?  Well little dwaf, have a nice life and don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out!
Fax

Fax, I have to admit that when you go off on one of your rants (and a lot of other times) I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, but I cant wait to meet you in the flesh to see if you actually talk like this in real life!  Grin
Fax
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2006, 04:45:38 pm »

Hi TT,
I still apologize for the Euro Candy-Ass thing Smiley
Guess I should elaborate on where that came from.
That actually was first used by the late, great (and very redneck) Dale Earnhardt.  When he had heard about one the the foreign drivers saying they were uncomfortable racing on big US ovals he, less than eloquently replied, "Make sure he ties some kerosene soaked rags around his ankles so the ants don't climb up and eat that candy ass of his"
As soon as I typed that out and hit the Post button, I thought "Oh dear, this is going to go horribly wrong"
 Shocked
All the best, Redneck Fax
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2006, 04:48:37 pm »

No, no I just LOVE Euro candy-ass - was thinking of changing my name actually - was absolutely taken as it was meant, don't worry.  If you met me (which hopefully will be here at LM one day) you'd see it takes a GREAT deal more than that to offend me.
ECA

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Fax
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2006, 04:49:24 pm »

Hi Fran,
I'm actually pretty shy (until I get about ten beers in me) Fax is more or less my evil alter ego.  There's John and his Mr Hyde (Fax)
Cheers,
John
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2006, 05:05:34 pm »

Hi FS,
I suppose he has plenty of third world nation's lined up to host races where the attendee's spend a year's salary for a ticket.  We've got a helluva lot better racing for a helluva lot less money.
Glad to hear your doing really well Peter, now get back in the water and get us some more cool ocean pics! Wink
Fax

LIKE THIS?

* MOLA-MOLA.jpg (47.72 KB, 500x457 - viewed 279 times.)
Fax
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2006, 05:07:35 pm »

Very nice Spider!  Can never go wrong with some nice underwater pics Cheesy
Fax
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: