Club Arnage
September 27, 2024, 11:35:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Le Mans - who needs it  (Read 21771 times)
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2006, 03:04:33 pm »

The screens were fantastic.  Exactly what was needed and available - in the good old days - just about everywhere.  How about lobbying the ACO to have them reinstated around the rest of the circuit..?

When it started RLM was great - but now it just winds me up (and I am not alone by the sounds of things)
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2006, 03:31:29 pm »

Well, here she goes again, but yeah, I agree.  If we want something changed we should let the ACO know.  I can post on their forum but don't know who reads it.  Anybody here got an in with any of the officials?   Do anything of the things we get hot under the collar about (rubbish, race info, lack of temporary stands at some viewing points etc) ever get back to the ACO management?  Apart from whingeing to one another, isn't there something positive we can do about it?

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
24hourman
CA Veteran

Racing is life everything else is just waiting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2006, 04:10:08 pm »

When Radio Le Mans went on the air for the first time it was like a  breath of fresh you could follow the race and all that what was happening for the very first time. I normally would have to wait for Autosport and Motoring news to come out the following week just to find out what had happened. It  was of course set up for that very reason to reach the 50,000 or so Brits at the track and of course to make a profit which it has always struggled to do. Anyone remember the ressurection raffle to raise much needed funds? The format  was always great  fun even the adverts were hilarious remember the Jiffy condom ads? The content was always superb and very informative and I for one would have been lost without it. However in my humble  opinion it has being going down hill for a number of years for many reasons, saying that though I probably would be lost without it and I am sure that the majority of those Brits that go to the great race would also mourn its passing.

Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2006, 04:15:56 pm »

If we want something changed we should let the ACO know. 

Fully agree to this and I made twice the experience that my e-mails were read and I received personal answers. May be I was just lucky, but dozens of mails from us to aco@lemans.org might move something...

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2006, 04:19:42 pm »

Let's give it a go...
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2006, 04:19:57 pm »

I think RLM has gone downhill for about the last 3 years, the first 2 years I went, 2002/3 I switched it on when I arrived and off when I left. Funny when the racing wasn't on, informative when it was. Now seems to be one corporate arse licking episode after another.

termietermite
What's the link to the ACO forum? Can't seem to find it.
Is there an English section, as I am, unfortunatly, not bilingual?
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2006, 04:24:38 pm »

Well, here she goes again, but yeah, I agree.  If we want something changed we should let the ACO know.  I can post on their forum but don't know who reads it.  Anybody here got an in with any of the officials?   Do anything of the things we get hot under the collar about (rubbish, race info, lack of temporary stands at some viewing points etc) ever get back to the ACO management?  Apart from whingeing to one another, isn't there something positive we can do about it?
Yes, bloody amazing. You can witter on and no-one in the ACO will even read it I fear. I have an idea that it's a facility we can use to chat to each other, but not to the ACO.
Until I'm proved wrong I'll just lurk there.
Barry - http://forum.lemans.org/ In French, but you can post in English.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2006, 04:30:49 pm »

Thanks Chris, see you at the Classic hopefully
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2006, 04:38:12 pm »

I think RLM has gone downhill for about the last 3 years, the first 2 years I went, 2002/3 I switched it on when I arrived and off when I left. Funny when the racing wasn't on, informative when it was. Now seems to be one corporate arse licking episode after another.

termietermite
Go to the ACO website, click on 24 heures du Mans, then click on forum.  You have to join up - as on here - but don't pay, have to give personal info etc.  Works in English too, I think, but will check.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2006, 04:45:39 pm »

If we want something changed we should let the ACO know. 

Fully agree to this and I made twice the experience that my e-mails were read and I received personal answers. May be I was just lucky, but dozens of mails from us to aco@lemans.org might move something...

Just sent my request, I will let you know what happens. Cheesy
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2006, 04:47:40 pm »

termietermite
Go to the ACO website, click on 24 heures du Mans, then click on forum.  You have to join up - as on here - but don't pay, have to give personal info etc.  Works in English too, I think, but will check.
The whole forum part of the site is indeed in French but I have posted asking it to be put in both languages.  Will see if anything happens.  E-mails on other touchy subjects on the way.  Thanks for the address.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 05:28:02 pm by termietermite » Logged

20vmk2_dub

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2006, 05:01:01 pm »

Only at the end of the race did I realise that after listening to all the pit talk and interviews etc....

I had no idea who had come where in the classes and where they had been before then!

Useful now and again but more coverage of the actual cars and their positions needed.
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2006, 05:40:00 pm »

RLM has gone downhill without a shadow of a doubt, it was slightly better this year I thought without Chuck from the USA babbling away, (I understand he has had a heart transplant, so get well soon).

The best I heard was John Hindhaugh read an email asking why F1 cars where not in the race. Pointless or what.

It would also have been much better to have at least some coverage of the support races, rather than the extended Aston Martin advert.

6/10 for effort, but cover the race for the fans who are there, not some clown stuck in there bedroom listening on the net.

We also wondered what happened to the campsite tours, these where good to listen to, I suspect they are busy now on Fridays doing other stuff with team PR's.

The Jiffy condom ad was great 'your can come in a jiffy' was the tag line i think.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2006, 06:38:00 pm »

I was listening on Friday afternoon and RLM did, indeed, do some sort of campsite tour.

I have to admit that the coverage was better than last year, simply because there were less advertisement breaks - but I suppose they pay the bills.

I found the best way to keep in touch with the race positions was to pick up a copy of the hourly standings from the ACO member area.

Steve East Anglian cobras

nice_person1
CA Veteran

Audis on rails

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2006, 06:47:23 pm »

It would also have been much better to have at least some coverage of the support races, rather than the extended Aston Martin advert.

Beat me to it !

That was an utter shambles.  Over one hour given over (presumably paid for by Ford ?) to meaningless tripe from the design director of Aston Martin cars answering sychophantic pre-planned questions from the Geordie RLM bloke (shame on him). Roll Eyes

We "turned over" to some lovely accordian music !
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: