Club Arnage
June 29, 2024, 02:01:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ACO Membership - What's the Point?  (Read 5313 times)
Prescaj

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2006, 09:25:01 pm »

I'm an ACO member and applied for camping at Tertre Rouge in December 05 for the 2006 race.  ACO put me on the waiting list for Tertre Rouge and guaranteed me a spot on Bleu Nord.

I ended up buying a Tertre Rouge Camping pass from Just Tickets at quite a bit over the face value.  When we arrived at Tertre Rouge we found that the guy next to us had bought his camping ticket on the day (Wednesday) from the ACO office at Le Mans.  Not only that, they gave him a full choice of camp sites!!  So again , what's the point of being an ACO member?
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 09:39:46 pm »

I went to the ACO to try and change my Bleu Nord for a Bleu Sud on Tuesday afternoon.  At that time they only had Bleu Nord tickets available over the counter.  I rather suspect your neighbour may have just struck lucky with a return that someone asked them on Wednesday to sell on.    I believe the ACO do try and sell on spare tickets for people in those circumstances. 
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 10:53:03 pm »

Yes the ACO do help out by selling on unwanted passes. They don't guarantee success, though. So if you turn up without a pass at the Rotunda on the Wednesday you may get what you wanted in the first place, or not. It's just the luck of the draw.
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 11:49:46 pm »

I have finally joined the ACO, purely to ensure we always get home, get a pack to watch later on and maybe get into a clean toilet, ring side for the girls in the group.

Ironically i joined this afternoon !!!

Take life by the horns and live it.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 12:20:01 am »

I don't think there's ever been any correalation between membership of the ACO and priority ticket allocation. The only benefits are as described by Robbo above, plus discount on entry and camping tickets and ACO merchandise and eligibility (but not guarantee) of a seat in the ACO grandstand.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 09:17:11 am »

The discounted campsite and race tickets are well worthwhile, particularly if there is more than one of you in your party.   

The other benefit not mentioned is access to the large ACO building at the back of the pit village.   Shade from the sun, cover from the rain, a big screen telly inside, decent bogs, food and drink.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 09:33:17 am »

There is one draw back.. it wont get you home unless you have a french residential address Shocked as they changed it a few years ago due to the amount of english they had to get back..

neilsie
CA Veteran

KK

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2006, 11:19:51 am »

I have finally joined the ACO, purely to ensure we always get home

Dude,

you would be much better buying AA membership or similar if this is the main reason for joining the ACO.   fairly sure the ACO policy is quite limited.

I joined a few years ago, never renewed again, saved some money on entrance tickets for the GP and both 24hr car & bike races.  the reduced ticket price only applies for the first 6 tickets, and only 2 grandstand tickets.  as i need 30+ tickets, seems pointless, especially as group rates only differ by a fiver!

dont care about the pack - just more junk!
Swans

a.k.a. Goldmember!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2006, 11:25:29 am »

There's 1 important thing not mentioned yet. The champagne at the ACO bar is much cheaper compared to the Poo bar (it will save you €14). Off course bringing your own is the cheapest option......

Another advantage is the big screen (with sound) the have inside the ACO bar. handy for a periodic update on the race.......

But I think those are more or less the only advantages one can think of......

I've lost my genitals in an unfortunate schmelting accident!
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2006, 11:31:03 am »

If you puchase your full allocation of General Admission tickets and camping tickets, the savings actually are more than the cost of the membership. Plus you then get your free programme, results list, etc etc.

If you go to more than one event (i.e. the Classic, Moto 24) then you save even more!

But no, it doesn't guarantee you the camping that you want (as I have discovered for the last two years!)

One other tip, join around May time and buy your GA tickets then! Then, order next years tickets before the renewal time and you'll get two years of discounts for one membership year. Then don't renew until the following year!
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2006, 02:33:22 pm »

One other tip, join around May time and buy your GA tickets then! Then, order next years tickets before the renewal time and you'll get two years of discounts for one membership year. Then don't renew until the following year!
Bl**dy cheat!  Also, don't forget the excellent viewing point (including seats and bar) at scrutineering.  And I'm sorry, but I just like to give my support - race is fab, also the great centenary stuff this year was a terrific bonus.  No doubt xenophobes annonymous will be all over me like a rash within seconds of posting but I think they do a spiffing job.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
SmithA
CA Veteran

smithytours.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2006, 03:11:04 pm »

IMHO

i think that most genuine fans would join the ACO if they were assured that they would get there ticket allocation as requested (even on a first come first served basis)

A few of my group have been members for 6 years now and in the begining we used to get what we asked for (booking at least a year in advance) now we just get you are on the waiting list. Which means in the end we go else where and pay a premium to get what we want.

Andy

LM 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07 - LMS Silverstone 05 - Donington 06 - Jarama 06 - Monza 07 - Valencia 07 - Silverstone 07
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2006, 03:15:40 pm »

IMHO

i think that most genuine fans would join the ACO if they were assured that they would get there ticket allocation as requested (even on a first come first served basis)

A few of my group have been members for 6 years now and in the begining we used to get what we asked for (booking at least a year in advance) now we just get you are on the waiting list. Which means in the end we go else where and pay a premium to get what we want.

Andy
As I guess is true for all of us, I can only speak from my own experience.  I have reserved seats at the Welcome area some time during the week before the race, for the following year, for the past seven years (no automatic allocation) and have always got them.  Booked MB for the first time this year and got a place there too.  Everybody gets the "you are on the waiting list" letter straight after the race, don't they?  Then the full allocation comes through just after Christmas.  But as I say, this is just what happens for me, others may have less luck but I can't imagine why that should be so.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2006, 04:22:06 pm »

But as I say, this is just what happens for me, others may have less luck but I can't imagine why that should be so.

I wonder if a French postal address has anything to do with it??  Wink
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2006, 04:39:03 pm »

But as I say, this is just what happens for me, others may have less luck but I can't imagine why that should be so.

I wonder if a French postal address has anything to do with it??  Wink
No, 'cos I've only had one for the last 2 years.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: