Club Arnage
October 07, 2024, 12:45:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Someone else thinking like me  (Read 13861 times)
Fax
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2006, 02:31:49 pm »

Got to ask this because its always been a personal highlight for me when I've been there, does the field still roll to a virtual stop coming coming through the Dunlop Chicane on the opening lap?  Always thought that was classic, I swear if the cars had horns you would hear the drivers honking away, and maybe one could picture a couple of soccer moms yapping away on their cell phones somewhere in the middle of the pack.  Your right Termietermite if forgot, this is motor racing, we should all the give drivers I warm milky before sending them out of the pits, and make sure they have a teddy bear with them, you know how dark it gets out there at night.  Funny, I've been to a hell of alot of motor races over the past 36 years and have yet to see spectators being mowed down by flying cars or drivers...AHHHH! BURNING IN THEIR BELTS! As Dave H so wonderfully put it (that still cracks me up) Don't be such a Euro candy-ass.
Fax
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2006, 02:33:21 pm »

Reads like uninformed rubbish to me, but hell what do I know - I was there.  Wink

I agree with you KPY, perhaps they should stick to (yawn) golf. Wink
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2006, 02:38:57 pm »

Got to ask this because its always been a personal highlight for me when I've been there, does the field still roll to a virtual stop coming coming through the Dunlop Chicane on the opening lap?  Always thought that was classic, I swear if the cars had horns you would hear the drivers honking away, and maybe one could picture a couple of soccer moms yapping away on their cell phones somewhere in the middle of the pack.  Your right Termietermite if forgot, this is motor racing, we should all the give drivers I warm milky before sending them out of the pits, and make sure they have a teddy bear with them, you know how dark it gets out there at night.  Funny, I've been to a hell of alot of motor races over the past 36 years and have yet to see spectators being mowed down by flying cars or drivers...AHHHH! BURNING IN THEIR BELTS! As Dave H so wonderfully put it (that still cracks me up) Don't be such a Euro candy-ass.
Fax

Oh dear oh dear. Well thats us poor little Euro candy ass's put in our place. Grin Grin
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2006, 02:42:50 pm »

Well, I guess if 45 years ago when a wheel flew off a mini at Rufforth it hadn't missed me by 6" and had landed on my head instead, then at least one person would have been pleased.  And sorry, isn't it the Americans who have brought the litigation society to us?  Euro candy-ass my backside.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 02:44:33 pm by termietermite » Logged

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2006, 02:52:10 pm »

Well, I guess if 45 years ago when a wheel flew off a mini at Rufforth it hadn't missed me by 6" and had landed on my head instead, then at least one person would have been pleased.  And sorry, isn't it the Americans who have brought the litigation society to us?  Euro candy-ass my backside.
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2006, 02:56:56 pm »

Actually it was only a few years ago, maybe four that a wheel came of at Mulsanne when I was there, broke straight through the only high fence and hospitalised a couple of people. The year after, they had erected the second fence.

Oh and don't you mean your 'candy-ass backside' Termietermite??
 Grin Grin
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2006, 02:58:20 pm »

Right.  Euro candy-ass my candy-assed backside.  Better?

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Fax
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2006, 03:01:36 pm »

I've got it!  I know how we can make it perfectly sanitized and safe for everyone...BUBBLE WRAP!
There we go, bubble wrapped drivers, bubble wrapped cars, bubble wrapped candy assed spectators!  sh*t! Gotta go, have to call the patent office.
Fax
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2006, 03:07:12 pm »

I've got it!  I know how we can make it perfectly sanitized and safe for everyone...BUBBLE WRAP!
There we go, bubble wrapped drivers, bubble wrapped cars, bubble wrapped candy assed spectators!  sh**t! Gotta go, have to call the patent office.
Fax

Fax there is only one * in sh*t  Grin Grin
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2006, 03:11:36 pm »

Some sort of temporary stand at virage d'arnage,virage mulsanne, and what has now been called virage porche, etc would be very useful.  It's a bit galling to have to fight for a bit of earthen bank at such a prestige event.
Be interesting to know how many grandstand seats there are at Le Mans as compared to other tracks.  Apart from the states, there always seem to be a lot  more to me than most other courses, and many of them covered.  Have you been to Donnington recently?  When they held an LMS round there a few years ago, there was just one grandstand and that had no protection from the rain/sun at all.  Spa is a joke.  Only the start line grandstand has a cover - sitting at Radion in the pouring Ardenne rain is no fun at all.

Fax
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2006, 03:12:39 pm »

Typed in one I but the f**k*ng abusive language filter keeps checking me...f**k sh*t!  See what I mean.
f**k*ng candy ass filter Grin
Fax
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2006, 03:13:20 pm »

There we go, bubble wrapped drivers, bubble wrapped cars, bubble wrapped candy assed spectators!  sh**t! Gotta go, have to call the patent office.
Fax

Fax there is only one * in sh*t  Grin Grin

Not if you type sh*t. There's a swear filter which alters the words, like f**k and w**k*r  Grin

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2006, 03:19:02 pm »

Fax, you know how much I think diesel cars are a dead end street and I'm all against them etc. But I read that pathetic article and it's so woefully inaccurate and skewed it's beyond parody. This guy isn't being serious is he? Indeed I would question whether you are being serious too? I sincerely hope not.  Sad

If it was such a stroll for Audi how come they didn't do a one-two? And as for his comments on Corvette;

"And how about Corvette winning the GT1 class in another huge surprise? So great were those two accomplishments that I had to spare myself further finish-list reading excitement -- such adrenaline rushes being nearly intolerable to a half-century-old body."

What a total jerk off! This man is nothing less than a walking talking penis. Thank God he's stopped attending the races I love. Perhaps he can content himself at the histoic races.

And for what it's worth, I reckon if you could speak to some of your late heros who died doing what we all love, driver and spectator safety would be pretty high on their agenda today if they were still around.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2006, 03:22:06 pm »

Right.  Euro candy-ass my candy-assed backside.  Better?

Better, it is important for us to know our place Grin Grin
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2006, 03:29:58 pm »

Fax, you know how much I think diesel cars are a dead end street and I'm all against them etc. But I read that pathetic article and it's so woefully inaccurate and skewed it's beyond parody. This guy isn't being serious is he? Indeed I would question whether you are being serious too? I sincerely hope not.  Sad

If it was such a stroll for Audi how come they didn't do a one-two? And as for his comments on Corvette;

"And how about Corvette winning the GT1 class in another huge surprise? So great were those two accomplishments that I had to spare myself further finish-list reading excitement -- such adrenaline rushes being nearly intolerable to a half-century-old body."

What a total jerk off! This man is nothing less than a walking talking penis. Thank God he's stopped attending the races I love. Perhaps he can content himself at the histoic races.

And for what it's worth, I reckon if you could speak to some of your late heros who died doing what we all love, driver and spectator safety would be pretty high on their agenda today if they were still around.

Andy I agree with this 99%.

My only point of contention is with regard to Diesel. Audi have come to Le Mans in my humble opinion and used it for what it should be used for. They have tested technology to the limits of endurance. If they can then take what they have learnt and build better cars as a result, then surely that is a good thing? 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: