Club Arnage
September 27, 2024, 11:27:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grumpy Old Men  (Read 67003 times)
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2006, 02:37:54 pm »

Great - post on my "Poubelle" thread on the ACO forum - let's get this under their noses.  Maybe a flood of letters too?

I would but dont u have to be an ACO member?
No, you don't.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
20vmk2_dub

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2006, 03:39:48 pm »

I'll post then Smiley
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2006, 04:08:03 pm »

I'll post a comment in reply.

I assume that the comment was aimed at the part of the site which we CA members were sharing with some friends of mine.

They left the Beer mountain they built and which they always have an artistic endeavour with in place for the appreciation of others, but near the full to overflowing bins.

Two bins near the gazebo both filled up before they left.

Some items of camping equipment that there was little room for in their cars after "shopping" for cheapo's no doubt, too.

I wasn't on camp when they left but they had decided to leave the Gazebo for the pikeys as they also left some chairs.  As the wind increased during the early afternoon the gazebo started to collapse in the wind onto my car, the green one, OK?

My MG friends who didn't bring it, but were grateful for its use had to take it down for safety to stop the thing blowing all over the site and causing extra damage.

To the amazement of some of my friends the pikeys were swarming all over our camp even as we stood there and had started taking their first pick, the usual stuff, chairs, poles from the gazebo and uncooked food which had been binned.

Unfortunately we forgot to leave our generator for the nice pikeys unlike last year when they had that on Thursday night, gosh I am sorry.

There seems to be a case here for camping on Houx instead, maybe I will request Houx from the ACO today...

The site is less susceptible to adverse weather and those ruffians on HA will not then affect me.

If you were so unhappy that you wished to pick a punch-up you could have had one with me, I was the semi crippled one...

The items left were not left by those on camp with the MGs and I take exception to your inferences. Like many on HA we "share" with friends.

I wonder if you have any.

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Neal
CA Veteran

That's put the Halibut amongst the Iguanas

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2006, 05:09:44 pm »

Well said Bill
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2006, 07:45:17 pm »

............thats rich considering two of our guys had to restrain a "French National" from stealing from tents in MB sat night!!!

I only heard about that the following morning. Wish we'd caught that f**k*ng  pikey.

Rusty

The Brethren Rock
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2006, 07:45:47 pm »

I was one of the MG people (Austin Healey actually but lets not get petty).
As Purdu mentioned, the scavengers were scavenging our site at 4.00pm on the Sunday, an hour before the race had even ended. I think they expected us to be track side and not in the camp. Draw your own conclusions about the timing of their visit.
Apart from the beer bottles (plus one sentinel Languistine)  and a gazebo, what was actually left behind?
Perhaps you thought you were at the Chelsea flower show?
"Disgusted of Houx" My pm is shown on my profile so perhaps we could exchange telephone numbers and continue this conversation in more depth. Smiley

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
nickliv
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2006, 07:52:58 pm »

We left the pikeys a coolbox, a gazebo, and a barbecue.

They could have used the coolbox, and even if they didn't have a use for it, weighed the gazebo poles and bbq in.

The bins near me on HA were overflowing by Friday morning, and I saw one rubbish pile that looked like Everest on Sunday morning. I never saw anyone emptying them at all.
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2006, 08:01:56 pm »

The bin nearest to me in bleu nord was full and with a big pile of overflow when I arrived on Tuesday afternoon, by the time I packed up on sunday the stack was so big there was a danger of blocking the access road!  No sign of anyone emptying any of the bins at any time during the week . 

I left the pikeys a neat little stack of some empty plastic water bottles and a bit of stale bread - with things being a bit spartan at camp fran I dont make much mess.   Grin
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2006, 08:19:22 pm »

This HAS to be a piss-take. C'mon own-up.......

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
TobyAnscombe

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2006, 08:19:38 pm »

Indeedie - next time I will leave a lobster on guard - the "cleaners" turned up a bit quick!

A 2 man tent, a gazebo and a BBQ; I thought they did well.....

Least we get some shade next year....

Oh and the bubbly was to avoid the *cough* prices at the poo bar, we just got a tad carried away....

As per Gary, feel free to get in touch.......
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2006, 08:21:54 pm »

Bill, Gary and Toby - as per my earlier post, I can confirm that your remaining items were picked clean by 09:00 Monday morning - no mess remaining.

It was a pleasure to camp along side you.

Steve East Anglian cobras

TobyAnscombe

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2006, 08:25:32 pm »

Likewise - maybe a Cobra or two next year eh?
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2006, 08:30:25 pm »

............thats rich considering two of our guys had to restrain a "French National" from stealing from tents in MB sat night!!!

I only heard about that the following morning. Wish we'd caught that f**cking  pikey.

Rusty
Unfortunatly we only confirmed that he had an Irish Lads bag when Security had arrived and then they wouldnt give him back! They didnt think the police would be intersted (too busy fund raising from motorist) but promised to mace him before letting him go (Do I believe that???).
Next time we would give him an capture massage, debag him, identify as a theif him across his forehead, tie him too a post and invite all to show their appriciation of a thieving Ba**ard.
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2006, 08:50:30 pm »

Hi all

I wa by the hole in the wall, as usual, on HA the bins were emptied twice on Sunday which I believe to  be the only times.

There was some mess left across from me but that was by the Danes.

Oh, and some french girls knocked over the beer mountain that Nordic and his team made, much to the delight of their parents.

Hope you all had a good one...

Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2006, 08:56:53 pm »

This is indeed a piss take ! You pay 75 Euros for a Houx pitch. This should include the 'room service' I think. No really, to leave the beer walls which were hard work to erect is ok for me. The bottles are easier to collect this way than fishing them out of the bins, anyway. You should see the Nuerburgring after the 24Hs race. Damn, I missed to vacuum clean my pitch before leaving. Roll Eyes

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: