Club Arnage
July 05, 2024, 06:10:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Back home...  (Read 16195 times)
rcutler
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2006, 12:49:36 pm »

Thanks to all we met over the week, especially DfH, JPC, SPS, Brethren, Beermountain, Team KGB, Flying B's, and everyone else that I have forgotten.

Also thanks to all who offered to help on hearing of our braking down. On return this morning the fault was traced to a worn cable to one of the glow plugs that was shorting to ground. Cable is now repaired. Sod was that while we were down in La Sarthe we thought the fault was caused by the aircon, result of which meant we had none for the drive home.

See you all at either Donnington, Sebring or in 355 days or so.
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2006, 01:04:25 pm »

We're back, Awsome weekend, the main entertainers and faciliators know who you are - THANK YOU.
Lost my Snoring Rhino title to the boy after he disturbed half the ship on the way back!
il Cavallino

Drinking for Holland

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2006, 01:15:29 pm »

Got home yesterday evening at around 9, dropped my things in a corner of my room and went a sleep untill 12 this morning.

My first Le Mans was my best motorracing experience by far. And that wasn't because of the racing. I just want to thank everyone for being so welcome.

A special thanks tough to the DFH-organisation, who made my trip possible, and to the other DFH-members, Team JPC, Team Impala/the Sebring Turn 10 club, The Bretheren, the Flying Baguettes, Beermountain, Team Zarse, all the other people at Club Arnage that came by and everyone I forgot that made my week one to never forget.

It really was an overwhelming experience and I think we all will be seeing eachother at Le Mans and beyond for a long long time. Thanks everyone.

Drinking for Holland
championaudi
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2006, 01:41:32 pm »

made it back yest 10am.long soak n sleep followed!!
8th lm for me ,1st sat night poo bar visit, was most fun, pics are a laugh,
glad i could put  faces to names,
thanks all for a bloody good stress free weekend,
hope to be able to do it all again next year!!!!
 Cheesy
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2006, 02:03:57 pm »

Got back yesterday afternoon .....What a weekend!!!!!!!!!!! big shout out to Team Spanner who I camped with on H/A especially the two traffic cops in the Cobra who I went out with on friday for a tour of the circuit and Arnage, made me laugh did anybody get any pictures of them (and me,I was in the focus RS behind them) one of the highlights for me appart from corvette doing the bizz was getting Sterling Moss's autograph and my picture with him..how cool is that? It was nice to meet Werner on the Houx roundabout, great outfit guy! and team Skorpio on H/A, and Paddy and the guys over at the DFH site what a set up!!!! must have required a removal firm to get it all there!! shame I could not have spent some more time with you .........so little time so much to do, did not get to the poo bar either!!!!!!!! look out next year Grin Grin Grin Grin

been there done that doing it again !
TonyT
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2006, 02:15:46 pm »

Returned safely and survived another year on Musee. Good to meet up briefly with the 7’s from Lancashire.

Looking forward to next year already.

Tony
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2006, 09:15:29 pm »

Safety home and clean again - now starting on the post race Leffe purchases.

Many thanks to Mr and Mrs Skorpio for fencing off a slab of Houx Annexe, Bob U and crowd for their curry night (they even had Henri Pescarollo as honoured guest), Perdu / Gary and team for shampoo, DfH / Team JPC for the outstanding Friday night bash and hi ho again to everyone at the Poo Bar.

I ran into Felix (the old bluffer) in the Stella Bar but he didn't buy me a Leffe!

Steve East Anglian cobras

Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2006, 09:30:22 pm »

So I left LM after the race and drove to Rennes, booked into a hotel and hathe obligatory shower etc. Went to the old town and everywhere had a multitude of tv's showing the France game so wathched it and had something to eat. I then had arelatively early night and in the morning went for breakfast and then shopping in northern Rennes.

Anyway to cut a long story short thought ita good time to leave for St Malo and some more shopping... tootling along quite happily when 30 miles from LM I thought 'I am going the wrong ferkin way"! I should be going to St Malo it then took another 7-8 miles before I could turn around and trundle back another 70 miles to Rennes before going up to St Malo!!! Luckily I had plenty of time, got home at 10.15 and had a few large ones.

Come on the Classic, Sat Nav for sale anyone??

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Gordonwr
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2006, 09:50:44 pm »

Made it back to Chester for 6am Monday after a mad dash to Dunkirk for the midnight ferry, kept awake with loads of Black Coke!!
 Big thanks to Rusty and Mark for the tickets, enjoyed MB so much that we will try to end up there next year. The firework show was ace and I must say that Beermountain were superb in the parade on Friday but could do with mixing some Castrol R in with the smoke canisters!!!

Always go into a corner too fast, in case it turns out to be a quick one!
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2006, 11:47:20 pm »

Another great year, time to plan for another great year. Great to meet you all. Again in some cases, others for the first time. People make the event don't they?

Home 2130 Monday night still hearing the earbuzz from a loud Midge.

Woke this morning and felt like bedtime again.

Le Mans? Can't beat it!

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2006, 09:56:07 am »

Got back safe and sound in the early hours of Monday morning (packing away and then the work thing has prevented an earlier post).   A good (if hot) trip back in the MGA, which performed as reliably as ever by suffering from fuel vapour lock in traffic jams, but that only happened once approaching Rouen.   Otherwise an uneventful run back.

Awesome week as ever, and brilliant to meet up with many CA friends and meet new ones too.   Our usual haunt of Karting Nord was the quieter and culturally poorer from the Brethren's absence on MB, but that brought us across to MB for the Friday night, which brought a whole new dimension to our enjoyment of the week.   Paddy NL and the DFH team, what can I say - fantastic party, augmented by the live music and The Brethren's usual excellent pyrotechnic feast.   Many thanks.   Didn't make it to the Poo bar on Saturday night, but the choice was going there or being inside the Intersport Racing pit garage - the latter won.   

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Douglas
CA Veteran

Cum on hear de noyse!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2006, 10:22:43 am »

Back on Hayling Island 2330 Monday night after LD Ferries thought they would save some gas on the sail home.

The LADWACACC team had a magnificent Le Mans and will be back in increasing numbers next year.

Wishy deserves the sobriquet 'God', his hospitality and that of his posse was outstanding. Thanks Andy, especially for the erection (of a tent)  before we arrived.

Further thanks to all involved in the DFH entertainment on Friday night, it was an outstanding party, by the way who's got 'that' video?

We had two exciting incidents over the weekend; the first involved being chased in some woods by some cheesed off Frenchies who didn't want us to have our own unique view of the race, all turned very 'Dad's Army' have the wounds to prove it, and Roy was attacked by bunnies in his tent on Sunday night, he had the bunnie's trainers to prove it!

Again thanks to all CAer's for making this The Event

Until we meet agin

Doug

vqdave
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

world humbering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2006, 10:39:22 am »

Got back Monday night, cracking weekend topped with a great night in Roeun with a magic Vietnamese meal where the old bloke who owned it entertained with card tricks, then off to a bar with hot and cold running whores  Shocked

LM was great, village was better than i thought, at least the loos were clean and working. Charlatens were great. Wallet stolen by some scrote from my pocket, many attempted transactions on my cards starting in arnage about 2.30 am through Le Mans 3.30 and some over french town i do not know an hour later. They got about £500, recovered £300 so far and getting the remaining £200 from the bank fraud people.

Despite the theiving b*stards i had a brilliant weekend, one of the best.

Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2006, 11:03:26 am »

Back home at 5 pm Monday. Great run back, the new m/way took 1 1/2 hours off the journey.

Great to have space saved for us when we got there on Friday morning, many thanks to Steve, Bill and Skorpio, it was much appreciated.

A good night at the Poo Bar meeting faces old and new. Thanks Fran for the beer runs into the ACO bar.

Didn't get a speeding ticket or get my wallet nicked.

Same again next year?    stupid question.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2006, 11:42:56 am »

Got home to the Wirral at 7.00am Monday, not bad as only close one when I nearly run up the back of a truck parked at the services near Oxford ( and that was after my first sleep of two).

Not saying it has taken me a while to recover, but I'm about to go out and unload the car now, or in the next hour or after another sleep!

Thanks to all,

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: