Club Arnage
July 05, 2024, 05:46:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Back home...  (Read 16193 times)
Andy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm not a llama! I'm a Le Mans'er

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2006, 01:40:53 am »

Just got home safe and wet. Good ride home without having to melt in the bike gear.
thanks to Barry for for a great weekend.
Good to see so many Friends of CA, old and new this year.

Cheers Brethren, Paddy & all of DFH, JP,  Fugitive Rick Redstu and the the liverpool boys for there hospitality as usual.

Read You all soon after some ssss' (Sh*t, shower shave & empty my bag!!)

Andy
turkish.sps
CA Veteran

Champers Baby!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2006, 01:55:10 am »

SPS crew all back safe and sound.....no incidents...although left the 'Rhinos' to travel back up to Woking.

Third time this year and getting better every time I go.

thanks goes out to all who contributed to the excellent atmosphere (and the cork-throw session at the poo-bar  )
........what was the guy with axe all about lol.

Thanks again to Drinking for Holland and their usual hospitality, Rick Cutler for help with Gazebos in Wednesday's rain, Team Zarse for early morning help apprehending a theiving pikey and everyone else we ran into over the weekend.

"You stole my onions!!"

www.selfpreservationsociety.net
chrisbeatty
CA Veteran

Note to self, think of something witty.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2006, 03:53:11 am »

Back safe & sound, another excellent year, surely it can't be another 360~ days until next year??

I feel a longer post tomorrow when I've sobered up & remember the names of at least some of the people I got chatting to at the poo bar!! Grin
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2006, 04:56:53 am »

Just home.  Great time.  Thanks to all who helped and cheers to those I met.  More later. 

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
JonFATBOYwarner
CA Veteran

I'm not fat just big boned.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2006, 09:47:55 am »

OH MY GOD

Still knackered, covered in bruises and managed to miss the sound of the Audis all weekend - what race?

My 7th Le Mans was the best - my 8th will be better.

Good to meet up with everyone again.  We should really do it more often.

Jon

For those of hard hearing.  LISTEN
Cissie
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2006, 09:56:01 am »

Well I am almost home, made it as far as Croydon so far, needed two "S".  Off up North later this morning.
Great week! it just gets better each time I go.
A BIG thanks to the Liverpool Boys and everyone else I met on MB, can't wait till next year, talk again when I finally get home. Grin
NorwayNick

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2006, 09:57:38 am »

We have returned from after 23 hours sat in the car, its a long Drive Le-mans to Norway, never doing that again, well not until next year. Grin
Great week down there and impressed with the effort put into some of the set ups, never camped in MB before and will definatly be my first choice in future.
Did not get much chance to meet to many of you this year as i seemed to be in a very friendly part of the camp site and never got far before getting a beer in my hand and a conversation going on.

excellent weekend, missed last year not doing that again.

nick
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2006, 10:02:42 am »

Back at 12:30 am this morning. What a week, what a show. I love the race and the cars but its you people that make it a memorable event. Thanks to the Liverpool Boys for the usual hospitality, Team DfH for the hospitality and Paddy for the help to get home. (Nice one mate). Big H and his lot and especially to our in house butler, Uncle Albert and nice to meet everyone. Roll on 2007. The planning started this morning.
Cissie
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2006, 10:03:40 am »

Allan has just reminded me that you guys are missing an "S" which was one of my two and I do not shave! Wink
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2006, 10:08:30 am »

Finally got back early evening after a 5 hour delay at the eurotunnel having missed our slot. Bollarks. Never mind, gave us plenty of time to load every available space left in the van with totally unnecessary purchases.

Paddy, Langtall and everyone at DFH, what can I say guys that I haven't already. Just superb.
You did yourselves proud and all of our crew are eternally grateful for your never ending hospitality. T'Baguettes were superb unfazed by the power cuts, true professionals.

Great to meet some old friends, Smokie, Mark JPC, H, AndyZ and crew, MG Mark, Rick, Andy, Powermite and crew, Canada Phil, Lawnmower Man, Robspot, Robbo, Barry to name a few and put names and faces to many others. Andy, I hope the Gimp wasn't to badly injured by Mrs. Pig Pen, she handled that whip like a pro. Even Trayboy had a look of horror on his face as leather met skin.

Apologies to Rick and those that were looking forward to entering a world of pain for not bringing out the Chili Challenge on Friday evening , the place was just too packed to get the best out of it. Next year for sure though once I have developed a safer delivery system to ensure Trayboy doesn't get it all in his eyes as he did the previous year should there be a lot of people.

Anyway, a fantastic year and the change of venue for us was well worth it.

See you all next year.

Rusty

The Brethren Rock
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2006, 11:44:53 am »

We were the smug lot who were home 40 minutes after leaving the campsite.  Have been watching the recording I made of the race since we got home - good coverage by Motors TV.

Making plans for the Classic now - hope to see some of you there soon.

Great to meet all of you at the Poo Bar gathering and put some faces to the names. 

Fab race, particularly the usual nail-biting finishes in the other 3 classes - made up for yet another tedious Audi win and Pirro's awful "Puff" speech after the race.  2 British wins at Le Mans - b*gger the world cup! Grin Grin

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
20vmk2_dub

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2006, 12:02:40 pm »

Got home at 11pm on sunday night after leaving le mans airport at 7.30 pm...

by far the easiest way to go and most VIP'ish with champange etc.

... but I still plan to drive next year!
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2006, 12:21:51 pm »

I'm back.

I've recovered from the Tropicomas Grin Grin Grin Grin  Thanks Mark.

Had a quick fix of CA.  BBL

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2006, 12:23:53 pm »

Got back early last night, what a great time!! Thanks to all the teams that made our party a night to remember. Specially Team JPC, The Brethren ( the fireworks were awesome), SPS, Rick Cutler, Flying B's and everyone else I am forgetting.

See you all next year!!!

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2006, 12:40:55 pm »

I hope the Gimp wasn't to badly injured by Mrs. Pig Pen, she handled that whip like a pro. Even Trayboy had a look of horror on his face as leather met skin.

Saw Mrs Pig Pen wielding the whip and the resulting weals  OUCH!  Shocked Shocked Shocked
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: