Club Arnage
September 20, 2024, 07:50:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More Connecticut folks coming  (Read 3342 times)
mattmcginn

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2006, 08:32:55 pm »

Hey Guys-

Greetings from another newbie-Count two more LM first-timers making the trek from Connectiut (little teeny-tiny state in New England) to LM. 

As Mary said, we have beautiful Lime Rock park here in our little state but France awaits!  Hope to see you there as well Mary-where are you from?  West Hartford here.

I downloaded and printed the guide this morning-cannot wait to go!  That guide is excellent, kudos to Werner et al for the amazing effort that went in to that.  It will be dog-eared and airplane beer stained when I get to Paris, for sure.  Stocked up on $50 worth of brit car mags (the best ones for my "foreign" car affliction) for the plane ride as well.

I'll be lurking the board the next few days soaking up all the information available here, but the question remains:

Where's the best (hoppiest bitterest) beer?!

See you there.

Matt McGinn
West Hartford,
Connecticut, USA

Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 10:28:03 pm »

Welcome Matt, Try to get to the Poo bar on Saturday night at 9pm, we'll be the quiet crowd in the corner - not. Have a good trip.
Bike Ace

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 02:52:06 pm »

Welcome folks! I worked in Danbury a few years back.

Where's the best beer? England, of course. You won't find real beer like Bitter/Ale in France. Loads of lager either regular, Dark (looks malty but is very sweet) or 'Blonde' which is a whiter colour and a creamy texture. What you really want to do is search out a bar/hotel that sells quality Belgian beers if you want something really malty. Some of these run to 11% and are best taken in small doses followed by 'the test'. The test being to attempt conversation about anything technical and still make sense and without spontaneously roaring with laughter when you f**k it all up! Actually forget that just drink it, smile at everyone and order me another, there's a good chap.

Have a great time. No scrap that - you WILL have a great time, I DEMAND IT!

....burp.......
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: