Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 01:27:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rouen  (Read 4670 times)
nickliv
« on: June 09, 2006, 01:30:41 pm »

Anyone on the 0755 p and o dover - calais on Thursday morning who knows their way through Rouen?

If so, PM me with your details, and I'll follow you, if I may.

Cheers

Nick
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 01:34:49 pm »

Try The tw**ts website and print of directions from there you can't go wrong, they really are spot on.

Sorry, just checked and their website is still down.

Have you got a fax number? I will send you a copy
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 01:40:16 pm by BOB U » Logged

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
clkgtrlm1
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Le Mans - Follow the Carbon Footprints!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 01:41:03 pm »

Even with an idiot guide, I have never managed to find the same route through Rouen twice even after about thirty journeys. Ranging from sailing, i mean driving straight through in about 5 minutes thru getting hopelessly lost  for an hour and a half.

I dont know what it is about the place, maybe the frence swap the signposts over occasionally for laughs

Baldrick, my Lord! But I can change it to Ploppy if it'll make things easier.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 01:46:36 pm »

When you come through the tunnel, stick in the slow lane and resist all instincts to change lanes.  That way you will automatically get on the right road.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 02:07:07 pm »

I understand that its changed this year so I'm assuming I'll get lost. 

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 02:07:40 pm »

TomTom dragged me off the obvious route to save 100 yards. Just follow the signs!
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 02:14:09 pm »

When you come through the tunnel, stick in the slow lane and resist all instincts to change lanes.  That way you will automatically get on the right road.
Quite right, but don't take the 1st exit over the Seine (Pont Mathilde) - that's to the Quayside. You need the second exit if you're going via the Cow Roundabout. It's signed LE MANS and CAEN. After the Cow Roundabout follow the CAEN signs, join the A13 towards CAEN and the A28 to LE MANS comes up after another 15 miles.
Outside peak hours you'll avoid the lorries (and a shedload of traffic lights) by following Michelin's directions. Go to www.viamichelin.com and feed in Circuit Bugatti, 72000 and Le Mans in the relevant destination boxes, fill in your port departure boxes and  Michelin will send you through Rouen via the Boulevard de L'Europe and the new expressway. It's shorter than via the cows.
Good luck.
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2006, 02:17:20 pm »

That is without doubt the most brilliant and simple way to say it!!  Wink Never thought of it that way!

As far as the rest of the route goes, once you get to the A13 (this is by far the easiest sign to miss in my opinion!) ignore signs for "Alencon (par RN)" coz this is the good old N138 (choice of millions for the last god knows how many years). The lovely new A28 exit is about 6km(ish) further east down the A13.

See you all there!!!

Grin
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2006, 03:25:49 pm »

New autoroute is also signed "Bordeaux" - follow that, won't go wrong.  (the Caen, Le Mans, Alencon stuff, I find gets confused 'cos of theRN/Autoroute choice).

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2006, 08:03:41 pm »

Every year when we hit Rouen........after the "cow a bout" you have this horrible feeling you've made the wrong turning ,cos you head north towards Caen..........and then"Behold" there are  the signs for Alencon and LM......fast right(in my dreams) and off we go Grin

RESULT!!!!!!
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2006, 08:14:31 pm »

Every year when we hit Rouen........after the "cow a bout" you have this horrible feeling you've made the wrong turning ,cos you head north towards Caen..........and then"Behold" there are  the signs for Alencon and LM......fast right(in my dreams) and off we go Grin

RESULT!!!!!!
Well at least you know the way! The exit from that roundabout is actually near as damn it due west, and the climb up to the motorway is SSW!
Have a great trip and see you there Smiley
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2006, 08:22:47 pm »

In that case it must be an optical illusion.......or is it you just think you have gone the wrong way Grin Grin Grin
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2006, 09:59:55 pm »

In that case it must be an optical illusion.......or is it you just think you have gone the wrong way Grin Grin Grin
Optical illusion - uphill = north   Smiley
SmithA
CA Veteran

smithytours.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2006, 12:42:34 pm »

I have PM'd you

We are on that sailing.

Andy

LM 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07 - LMS Silverstone 05 - Donington 06 - Jarama 06 - Monza 07 - Valencia 07 - Silverstone 07
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: