Club Arnage
September 28, 2024, 01:15:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: P and O ferry  (Read 3908 times)
nickliv
« on: May 29, 2006, 02:31:03 pm »

I'm on the dover - calais vomit comet on the Thursday morning at 0755, booked for car and 2 pax, now there are 3 pax. Can we just buy a foot passenger ticket when we get to the port, or will I need to change my booking, and pay the extra tenner as well as the new passengers ticket?

Cheers

Nick
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 02:55:47 pm »

Best thing to do is check with P&O direct.  often basic rate is for car and up to 4 (or more) passengers - in which case you might just spend a tenner to add extra passenger name.   

Smiley

Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 02:56:12 pm »

P&O include up to 9 passengers at the same ticket price. It's cheaper to change the booking and add your passenger that to buy a foot passenger ticket each way - which would involve him checking in and being loaded and off-loaded as a foot passenger.
In fact you can just turn up with your extra passenger, but I have an idea it's £15 extra and the charge is each way.
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 03:22:53 pm »

I've turned up with extra passengers it's never been a problem.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Mr. Invincible Mou
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2006, 08:27:00 pm »

Why not just hide him in the boot  Shocked

Seems to work for everyone we don't want in the country  Angry Huh
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2006, 10:34:52 pm »

Didnt think P&O had a vommit comet from calais ?

Take life by the horns and live it.
nickliv
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2006, 11:58:41 pm »

might be boulogne then, somewhere in France, not too bothered as long as we get there.
vqdave
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

world humbering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 05:13:47 pm »

strap him to the axle, that'll do the job

Rob
CA Veteran

i prefer 'em continental!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 05:59:04 pm »

i dont know how they will differ from p&o but with seafrance i didnt even give them names for passengers, i gave them mine and stated upto 3 passengers and that was that, when i changed cars over (i crashed the 1 i was originally taking - plus they didnt charge any extra for that either) i asked if they wanted any passenger details and they didnt even seem too bothered about how many i was taking let alone their details!

P.S. my 300th post Grin woohoo!!! Cool

vqdave
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

world humbering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2006, 10:16:42 am »

They (seafrance) have always been pretty easy going, we usually book the cheapest crossing on the day we want to cross the water and just turn up for the one we get there for, never the booked one and they let us on. Never the right car and thus plate either, and the cars are booked with 4 people and never full.

Never been hit with an extra fee.

On Speedferries this year so see how that goes. But we did speedferries couple of months back for the Reims trip and turned up in a different car than booked and we got on no extra fee. But then the boat was delayed by a few hours as someone had put a nappy down the bog so the boat couldn't sail. Pah i would be happy to cross with no bog, if need be pee off the back and i'm sure the wind would keep me safe, i could add to the rooster tail.

I am on teh last speedferry on friday night so do not hold out my hopes of being on time!! Looks like LM Bleu at 2am  Cool

Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2006, 10:48:46 am »

I am on teh last speedferry on friday night so do not hold out my hopes of being on time!! Looks like LM Bleu at 2am  Cool
Bloody hell Dave, that's a last minute dash. What is it, not enough brownie points for an earlier arrival

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
vqdave
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

world humbering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2006, 11:12:15 am »

I am booked in to look after vqdave jr otherwise known as 14 month old Amélie on thursday & friday as the wife is out earning her crust, she is back at 5 at the latest then we are off.

Last minute i know but i am kinda looking forward to the night time bash through france.

Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2006, 05:08:02 pm »

Brad and I did Spped ferries last year, a ended up doing the night time run. This was due to the 5 hour delay that had built up during the day because one of the engines was down. Not moaning because I think you get what you payfor and take a chance and of course we got there in the end (at 1.0am). The run down was great, no traffic, stopped for a kip for an hour or so and arrived on MB about 7.00am (although didnt have any fuel worries, the oil burner will do 600 miles on a tank). Hope you've got somebody keeping you a camping spot though.
vqdave
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

world humbering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2006, 08:47:22 pm »

The tent is going down with the advance party so no worries there. i will take a stack of snacks and drinks in case of an overnighter waiting for speed 1 to turn up.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: