Club Arnage
September 25, 2024, 08:24:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Black Day for Brown Sauce  (Read 3439 times)
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« on: May 15, 2006, 06:36:34 pm »

As BigH has pointed out elsewhere, I'm having a mare today. He don't know the half of it. I've only just found out about this and I'm so angry I can hardly catch my breath.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/05/10/nsauce10.xml

I certainly hope my fellow Arnagers are as aghast and absolutely flummoxed by this crazy decision. Setting aside nostalgia, memories of the "Great Vinegar Pipe Fracture of 1965", my eye's weeping in the cold morning air waiting for the bus outside the old Ansell's brewery before they demolished it to make way for the Mercedes dealers, I want to ask one simple question:

How the fu-ck can you have Aston Relish fu-cking made in fu-cking Holland?

Now Holland is a fine country; modern, tolerant, outward looking and flat. But it is not, nor will it ever be, the home of HP sauce. No, HP is quintessentially British. Foreign sauce? Never!

Before the war, my grandfather used to drive a tanker lorry delivering molasses to the factory. There was an old boy who worked there whose job it was to stir the simmering vats of black magic with a long wooden paddle. Apparently he was "puddled in the yed" and used to spit his tobacco and slother into the steaming concoction. The Dutch will never get it to taste the same. Sure they can have a dyjke spitting skunk into the vats but it's not the same is it?

It's about time we stopped being the world's doormat and at least put up a spiritted fight against this sort of thing. I fully understand modern economics but it's ripping the soul out of all of us.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 07:40:46 pm »

No doubt it will end up as "Orange Sauce"  Roll Eyes

Wasnt it also the Dutch who raped n pillaged the Boddies factory up here in Manc?

Dont be fooled by their happy go lucky relaxed appearance.....they will have their flagpole planted before you can say "heb ik al" !!  Undecided
johnevans3
CA Veteran

Howdy Pardner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 08:07:19 pm »

As noted in the article, Heinz said that there would be no changes and now there will be.  In the last US Presidential race, John Kerry, husband of the Heinz conglomorate heir, was known as a flip flopper.  So this is nothing new.  Anything these people say is going to be a different story next time around.
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 08:21:31 pm »

Boy do I feel welcome around here all for a sudden.  Roll Eyes

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 09:17:07 pm »

No doubt it will end up as "Orange Sauce"  Roll Eyes

Wasnt it also the Dutch who raped n pillaged the Boddies factory up here in Manc?

Dont be fooled by their happy go lucky relaxed appearance.....they will have their flagpole planted before you can say "heb ik al" !!  Undecided

Heb ik al!!! Grin

Did you know we also took over Ben and Jerry's ice cream factory in Vermont. We are taking over the world, muuhahahahahaha, muhahahahaha

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
nickliv
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006, 09:19:00 pm »

Just look after it, and we will all get along swimmingly.

However, I'm going to stock up on the british stuff and flog it on ebay.

Personally I was more traumatised when the branston pickle factory burnt down.
rcutler
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2006, 11:10:24 pm »

They are even trying to take over MB!!!!
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2006, 11:14:54 pm »

Some things in this country really have gone to the shiter.

Take life by the horns and live it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: