Club Arnage
September 28, 2024, 03:22:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Zarse esq. get your pencil out...  (Read 8635 times)
johnevans3
CA Veteran

Howdy Pardner

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2006, 10:09:26 pm »

Hey Steve, just talked to the wife and am going "out" for dinner to Mexican restaurant and the chips and hot sauce are great.  She needs a little attention with my being gone since Thursday.  Will be thinking about you guys as I dig in the bowl of chips.

...and Chris, you are so right about the place being huge.  We had great seats on the upper tri-oval stand and the view was excellent, just across from the pits. 

I was just blown away by the successful marketing that has been done to make this NASCAR thing so popular.  Granted seeing most or all of the track has it's attraction, as does the 195mph "train" of 40 cars 6 inches apart, "bump drafting" to propel their team mate past the other guy to take the lead. 

Tony Stewart had a spectacular, airborn wreck where he went 30 feet into the air upside down and down the track 2 or 3 hundred yards and later come down to earth with his wheels up and sliding for another quarter mile .  It don't git better than that>>>> 

BUT the biggest surprise to me is that every driver has an huge 18 wheeler, custom fit for displays of his shirts, caps, jackets, collectibles, etc selling stuff to the crowds.  That was impressive to see over 40 huge trailers lined up selling racing merchandise.  Pick your driver, dress up with cap,shirt, jacket, socks, glasses, get a case of beer and go racin' good buddy.  In addition, there were another 20 or so trailers that had NASCAR or Talladega stuff in them. 

But depite all of that, I still just don't get it.   No right turns, they only shift to leave or enter the pits, no rain tires, etc., etc.,   But I'm glad I went because now I can appreciate the Houston Grand Prix May 11-13 so much more.  Anybody else going?Huh   http://www.grandprixofhouston.com/index.html
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 10:11:58 pm by johnevans3 » Logged
keithk
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2006, 11:05:40 am »

Let's hope that the grandstands are as close as that.

Nope the Dunlop Grandstand is about 50-60 metres further away than last year! The track is much closer to the infield and the village.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2006, 11:24:22 am »

Let's hope that the grandstands are as close as that.

Nope the Dunlop Grandstand is about 50-60 metres further away than last year! The track is much closer to the infield and the village.
Village? What village? Huh

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2006, 05:34:23 pm »

Village? What village? Huh

Aparently we should still believe there will be one...

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Sooty

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2006, 11:22:46 pm »

Now the A.C.O have changed there site a bit. Does anyone know how to get back the images of the "work in progress"?
A bit sad and IF i can be stay enthused enough I thought about re photoshoping the poster so its closer to reality!
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2006, 08:12:54 am »

Here's a link to the circuit mods http://www.lemans.org/sport/sport/dossiers/travaux/index_gb.html

Steve East Anglian cobras

Sooty

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2006, 03:08:47 pm »

Cheers Steve
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2006, 12:45:16 pm »

Thanks Paddy, this year's is a very tricky one to deal with. It's a rubbish, sloppy, bit of art IMO and if I was paranoid I'd suggest they've done it to deliberately thwart me.

Leave it with me...

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2006, 10:37:40 pm »

do you have to get a pic of the rear of the van now? Grin

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: