Club Arnage
September 24, 2024, 09:18:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More Fame For Turn 10 & YFDS - Don't read if Sick of Sebring  (Read 22604 times)
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2006, 02:30:44 am »

Thanks to Lee for the resize, and to my innerweb friend in Scotland for the scans.

:cheers:

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2006, 03:59:21 am »

The heart of darkness?Terrible Turn Ten?

Who the f**k is this ARSEHOLE?

Richard Whoever you can kiss my  ASS !

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
Pieter
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2006, 05:30:50 pm »

This week I got the Dutch issue and the same article was in it (in Dutch of course). The author totally missed the point and should have got involved. He would have told a different story.
MiCarr

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2006, 03:35:05 pm »

To Richard Whoever; From Terrible Turn Ten.  Tongue

"Two Beers Please"

* Sebring06_Turn10 3.JPG (51.04 KB, 650x423 - viewed 399 times.)
Hardpoint

YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2006, 04:27:00 pm »

That's pretty cool.  Grin
gab
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2006, 05:49:42 pm »

That's pretty cool.  Grin

...that`s Turn 10 for you Hardpoint, they are all pretty cool. Why not join them next year at Sebring 2007?
jupiterjohn

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2006, 05:02:34 pm »

I've been watching this thread for a few days now, and I can't seem to put the article by this guy  Richard out of my mind.  Is he talking about MY Turn 10?  At Sebring?  He can't possibly be.  A little journalistic integrity Richard if you please.  It's quite obvious you have never been to Turn 10 to enjoy our great BBQ...to enjoy the best view of the track from our scaffolding...to meet and enjoy the company of other dedicated race fans from around the world who make Turn 10 their preferred destination when coming to the greatest sports car race in North America.
It's not just that you missed the point Richard...you took a hard left.  To call Turn 10 the "Heart of Darkness"..."Terrible Turn 10"..."The Epicenter of Race Day Debauchery"...and Turn 10 having a "Black Heart" smacks of slander at its highest level.  Over the years, Turn 10 has been praised by drivers, crews, and visitors from all over the world as a family friendly, welcome respite from the Florida heat, a place where I can and DO bring my kids and grandkids.  Yes Grandkids.  If you had ever visited Turn 10...as other world famous journalists have...John Brooks and Brian Labin come to mind...you would not be calling us names.  Rather, you would ask if you could come back next year.Over the years, Turn 10 has worked at being a fun place to visit.  No debauchery.  No black heart.  Just a Great slide show on Friday nite hosted by author and famed artist Lee Self. 
Richard, I'm offering you an invitation to join us at Teriffic Turn 10 next year(since it's obvious by your column you were never there).  Tip one or two with us...enjoy the view and great racing at the best corner on the track, and let us change your mind about Turn 10.  And then print a retraction (if you believe in journalistic integrity).

JUPITER JOHN
GOVERNOR - Turn 10

(GO SHANE GO)

Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2006, 05:59:20 pm »

Great reply John, have you sent it to top gear magazine ?

Regards
Chris
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2006, 06:05:03 pm »

Quite right! As a recipient of the legendary Turn 10 hospitality in '05, I can only echo what John says. Maybe it's just sloppy use of English, maybe we're reading into it things that weren't intended and being a bit touchy. Maybe it's jouralistic licence or maybe the guy was genuinely pissed off by someone from Turn 10. Who knows? But either we're all missing the point here or somebody from Top Gear really ought to be making a bloody good case for the defence.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
jupiterjohn

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2006, 07:47:51 pm »

Chris and A Zarse esq....Thanks for agreeing with me.  I don't think I'm being just a little too picky.  Turn 10 has worked hard over the years to develop a good reputation.  To have that good reputation blown away by some journalistic wannabe just struck me the wrong way.  Would love to contact Top Gear and at least turn them on to this thread. Would like to know what issue that was in, and what is Richard's last name.

JUPITER JOHN
GOVERNOR - Turn 10

(GO SHANE GO)
Fax
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2006, 08:02:55 pm »

Got to consider the source, when I read something in a motoring publication any more, I do knowing damn well that the motor racing knowledge of ninety percent of the hacks out there wouldn't fill a thimble.  The guy probably spent most of his weekend sipping free booze in someone's
hospitality tent or in the air conditioned press box.  Someone probably told him he should go out to the Green Park and take in the sights and he probably assumed there were human sacrifices and pagan rituals taking place at Turn 10.  Seriously doubt if this dude ever made out there.  Probably couldn't wait to get back to his F1 butt-buddies and gossip about Jensen Button's latest hairstyle.
Fax
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2006, 08:27:22 pm »

here you go guys, he is a motoring journilist for The Independent, go get him boys
http://motoring.independent.co.uk/features/article323703.ece

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2006, 01:15:58 am »

Someone needs to show the guys at Top Gear the article from The Telegraph last year (available here if anyone missed it   http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/main.jhtml?xml=/motoring/2005/05/14/mfseb14.xml  )

And I quote:  "Sebring is a breath of fresh air in a sport that's all-too-publicly losing its way, and proof positive that top-level racing and un-selfconscious, hair-down fun can exist in the same universe. "
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2006, 02:14:02 am »

Blah Blah Blah ! I say we go to Lemans hunt this pig down and whoop his ARSE !!

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2006, 02:17:49 am »

Blah Blah Blah ! I say we go to Lemans hunt this pig down and whoop his ARSE !!

" ARSE "

Look guys my "English " improving !

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: