Club Arnage
September 28, 2024, 12:48:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CA members Guidebook for LM 2006  (Read 55949 times)
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2006, 09:23:36 am »

Hi all,

As the guide will be for download on the internet I will put a disclaimer on it, my draft for this is as follows:

Disclaimer
Whilst we did our best to ensure the accuracy of the information in this guide, we cannot be held liable for any inaccuracies, errors or for damages as a result of following the advice or recommendations contained within this guide, especially for the one with the melon and the vodka.
All images and logos used are the property of Club Arnage (CA) or CA forum members or are believed to be public.

This guide is not an official publication, it is not authorized, approved or endorsed by the race-organizer Automobile Club de L’Ouest (A.C.O.).

Now I have 2 questions:

1. Do you have suggestions for amendments or for changes in the wording? May be there's someone with a legal background among the forum members...

2. It's probably a good idea to put the disclaimer in English and French in the Guide: Could someone translate the disclaimer into French?

Cheers

Werner
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 09:33:21 am by Werner » Logged

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2006, 09:38:10 am »

Think I could make a reasonable fist of it - the translation, that is.  Will have a go and get back to you.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 09:43:16 am by termietermite » Logged

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2006, 09:57:03 am »

Think I could make a reasonable fist of it - the translation, that is.  Will have a go and get back to you.

Thanks a lot

Cheers

Werner

hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2006, 10:08:28 am »

Hi Werner. Yes I'm a lawyer. Your English disclaimer could do with a little polishing. Do you want me to try it? I could manage it in French too.
Let me know if you do.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2006, 10:21:32 am »

Hi Werner. Yes I'm a lawyer. Your English disclaimer could do with a little polishing. Do you want me to try it? I could manage it in French too.
Let me know if you do.
Let me know whether I'm still going to be of any help with the French bit.  Will hold off unless I hear.  Could cast a second glance over the French version once you've done it if that helps?

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2006, 10:24:27 am »

By the way, will be at PQ scrutineering and around all weekend with the trusty D2H.  Will send you any good pics I have of the cars.  Warning - some of the paint jobs may be a little less flashy than during the actual race.

Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2006, 10:32:28 am »

Let me know if you do.

Yes, great, someone with a legal background...

Just post your suggestion for the disclaimer here

Cheers

Werner

Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2006, 10:50:38 am »

By the way, will be at PQ scrutineering and around all weekend with the trusty D2H.  Will send you any good pics I have of the cars.  Warning - some of the paint jobs may be a little less flashy than during the actual race.

Suuuuper !!!!!

Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2006, 11:51:10 am »

Has anyone seen any statement as to what the length of the new cuircit will be?  I'm creating a table for speeds and lap times for inclusion in the guide and  so I need that information.

I thought I may also try to create a table that can be used to help you guess how many laps the leader wil complete in the 24 Hours.

T.

The regulations still give the circuit length as 13.650 km. That's the same lenghth as last year. However they were published on 19/12/2005, so whether the ACO will issue an amended circuit length or not is uncertain.
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2006, 12:24:51 pm »

I read an article a few days ago the track length is still the same as last year although the track has been modified.  For the life of me can't think where?  I'll have a think, but you'll find the track length remains the same Grin
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2006, 03:06:51 pm »

Let me know if you do.

Cheers

Werner

Here you go Werner. These disclaimers should be all you need, but they are provided subject to the very same disclaimers!
Pease note that the French is not an exact translation of the English, but is a French legal text in itself. I've left out the reference to the melon and the vodka, as I don't know what that applies to. If you think it needs a warning, then it's better to put it in the text itself - like "don't try this at home" or whatever.

Although care has been taken in preparing the information supplied in this guide, the authors do not and cannot guarantee the accuracy of it. The authors cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions and accept no liability whatsoever for any loss or damage howsoever arising.
All images and logos used are the property of Club Arnage (CA) or CA forum members or are believed to be in the public domain.
This guide is not an official publication, it is not authorized, approved or endorsed by the race-organizer: Automobile Club de L’Ouest (A.C.O.).

Le contenu fourni par le présent document est fourni de bonne foi sans garantie d'aucune sorte expresse ou tacite, y compris aucune garantie concernant l'adéquation de ce contenu a un objet particulier ou l'absence de contrefaçon de droit de propriété intellectuelle. Les auteurs ne garantissent pas l'exactitude, l'exhaustivité, la fiabilité du contenu du présent document. En conséquence, les auteurs n'assument aucune responsabilité résultant de leur utilisation ou de leur application et les auteurs ne sera donc redevable d'aucunes dommages et intérêts, tant pour les dommages directs que pour les dommages indirects.
Les images ci-dessus s’agissent des droits d’exploitation appartenant soit au Club Arnage (CA) soit aux ses adhérents soit vraisemblablement au domaine public.
Ce guide n’est pas d’une publication officielle et n’a pas été autorisé ni approuvé par l’organisateur de l’épreuve : Automobile Club de L’Ouest (A.C.O.)

Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2006, 03:22:13 pm »

Let me know if you do.

Cheers

Werner

Here you go Werner. These disclaimers should be all you need, but they are provided subject to the very same disclaimers!
Pease note that the French is not an exact translation of the English, but is a French legal text in itself. I've left out the reference to the melon and the vodka, as I don't know what that applies to. If you think it needs a warning, then it's better to put it in the text itself - like "don't try this at home" or whatever.

Although care has been taken in preparing the information supplied in this guide, the authors do not and cannot guarantee the accuracy of it. The authors cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions and accept no liability whatsoever for any loss or damage howsoever arising.
All images and logos used are the property of Club Arnage (CA) or CA forum members or are believed to be in the public domain.
This guide is not an official publication, it is not authorized, approved or endorsed by the race-organizer: Automobile Club de L’Ouest (A.C.O.).

Le contenu fourni par le présent document est fourni de bonne foi sans garantie d'aucune sorte expresse ou tacite, y compris aucune garantie concernant l'adéquation de ce contenu a un objet particulier ou l'absence de contrefaçon de droit de propriété intellectuelle. Les auteurs ne garantissent pas l'exactitude, l'exhaustivité, la fiabilité du contenu du présent document. En conséquence, les auteurs n'assument aucune responsabilité résultant de leur utilisation ou de leur application et les auteurs ne sera donc redevable d'aucunes dommages et intérêts, tant pour les dommages directs que pour les dommages indirects.
Les images ci-dessus s’agissent des droits d’exploitation appartenant soit au Club Arnage (CA) soit aux ses adhérents soit vraisemblablement au domaine public.
Ce guide n’est pas d’une publication officielle et n’a pas été autorisé ni approuvé par l’organisateur de l’épreuve : Automobile Club de L’Ouest (A.C.O.)

KPY

a big, big thank you for this, and of course I'm aware it comes with the same disclaimer  Wink

The "melon with vodka" thing comes from the equipment list Grin Grin Grin

Cheers

Werner

Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2006, 03:26:54 pm »

My pleasure Werner  Wink
Have fun with the melons and the vodka. Maybe see you there. Where will you be based?
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2006, 03:29:59 pm »

My pleasure Werner  Wink
Have fun with the melons and the vodka. Maybe see you there. Where will you be based?

We'll arrive with about 8 people on Wednesday evening at Expo campsite and will stay until Monday morning. Feel free to visit us for a cold one (or two, or three...)

We plan to see "Mad Friday" at the Houx Annexe Roundabout, the Poo bar meeting and if there is some time left also the race itself Grin

Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2006, 03:49:24 pm »

We'll arrive with about 8 people on Wednesday evening at Expo campsite and will stay until Monday morning. Feel free to visit us for a cold one (or two, or three...)

I'll try and pop in on the Thursday on my way to or from the Rotunda  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: