Club Arnage
June 26, 2024, 09:13:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CA members Guidebook for LM 2006  (Read 53707 times)
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2006, 11:41:36 am »

Changes now made and the doc (hope it opens) forwarded to Werner.
I've also put the road distances from each airport to Arnage.

stu
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2006, 04:47:49 am »

Hi redstu well done and thanks for looking after the public transport brigade Roll Eyes
Canada Phil
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2006, 06:03:47 pm »

Re how to get there.

By train, it is far quicker and easier to go via Lille, and if under 25 cheap (£230 in 2004, and first class was only and extra £30, and includes free food and drink).  Some may want to sightsee.

For driving, I have a list of the Gatso sites, but I can't work out which way they face.  Nowadays, you probably need gps coordinates too.  Any use FS?

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2006, 06:53:20 am »

Some more work is done,

Dobbo supplied an A4 map of the circuit (see chapter 10) and important locations and Steve Brown added a pretty route from Boulogne to Le Mans for sports cars (see chapter 13)

Cheers

Werner

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
SmithA
CA Veteran

smithytours.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2006, 08:15:57 am »

Hello there,

The Eurostar journey is via Lille and is pretty good, we traveled that way in 2004, although it is worth a mention that the bars are not that well stocked !!

We have a map which has the locations of some of the bars in the City Centre, predominantly used for tour members that are lost to get back to the main party. We are looking to update it at PQ this year as at least one of the bars has closed !! if you want this give me a shout or if you are keeping the guide to the track no problem.

Andy

LM 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07 - LMS Silverstone 05 - Donington 06 - Jarama 06 - Monza 07 - Valencia 07 - Silverstone 07
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2006, 09:30:37 am »

Hello there,

The Eurostar journey is via Lille and is pretty good, we traveled that way in 2004, although it is worth a mention that the bars are not that well stocked !!

We have a map which has the locations of some of the bars in the City Centre, predominantly used for tour members that are lost to get back to the main party. We are looking to update it at PQ this year as at least one of the bars has closed !! if you want this give me a shout or if you are keeping the guide to the track no problem.

Andy

Hi Andy,

any updates and ammendments are welcome, just mail it president@lemanszone.de and 'll integrate it into the guide. A "bar"-map of the city centre sounds great, people might use it to arrange meeting points at the driver's parade...

Just a question: I read you are going to PQ this year. Do you have a digital camera and could you mail me some shots of the cars, so we can use those for the entry-list part of the guide?
Thanks in advance

Werner

hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
SmithA
CA Veteran

smithytours.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2006, 10:25:11 am »

Werner,

No problem, i will email over the updated map and what pictures i take straight after PQ.

Andy

LM 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07 - LMS Silverstone 05 - Donington 06 - Jarama 06 - Monza 07 - Valencia 07 - Silverstone 07
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2006, 12:49:01 pm »

Bump!!

Gone a bit quiet on this - how is it progressing, Werner??

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2006, 05:29:27 pm »

Bump!!

Gone a bit quiet on this - how is it progressing, Werner??

Del

Oh, from my point of view its progressing very well, I'm sure the most important information will be ready prior to the race. It was a litte bit quite because I was away for a week of holiday in Tunesia and just returned today.

Cheers

Werner

Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2006, 06:27:27 pm »

Don’t think this has been covered (?) but how about a section for the National Anthems, always creates great atmosphere at the beginning of the race and joining in with the other countries anthems is appreciated. Some may need to be phonetically adapted and some Da Ditty Da Da's though.
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2006, 06:19:09 am »

I've started with the entry lists based on the information I found on various websites, these chapters will of course stay open for editing after PQ to keep up-to-date with the latest drivers changes.

By the way, someone is doing a nice job at the wikipedia, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_24_Hours_of_LeMans

Cheers

Werner

Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2006, 09:56:12 am »

Don’t think this has been covered (?) but how about a section for the National Anthems, always creates great atmosphere at the beginning of the race and joining in with the other countries anthems is appreciated. Some may need to be phonetically adapted and some Da Ditty Da Da's though.

I think this is a fantastic idea  Grin   Come on you foreigners, let's have your anthems Grin
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2006, 10:12:24 am »

I think this is a fantastic idea  Grin   Come on you foreigners, let's have your anthems Grin

Well it's a bit long to be writing out - and in two languages - but you can fin it here

http://www.mch.govt.nz/anthem/index.htm

I particularly like the line "Guide her in the nation's van".  That'll be a Combi then.   Grin

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2006, 11:41:20 am »

Here you go:

Wilhelmus van Nassaue
Ben ik van Duitschen bloed
Den vaderloand getrouwe
Blijf ik tot in de dood
Een prinse van Oranje
Ben ik vrij onverveerd
De koning van Hispanje
Heb ik altijd geëerd

Phonographics will follow. Wink

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2006, 09:20:18 pm »

2 more chapters of the guide have been closed and Piglet is now proof-reading them - which is a lot of work, she told me in Spa about the problems to "synchronize" the various dialects (english english, american english, european english...) , hats off to her!

Hats of also to Peter (Ferrari Spider) who has done an enourmous job with the "UK ports to Le Mans" route descriptions, see the project page for the status, so no more excuse if one of you gets lost on his way to Le Mans this year Grin Grin Grin

Cheers

Werner

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: