Club Arnage
June 18, 2024, 04:11:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CA members Guidebook for LM 2006  (Read 53201 times)
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2006, 06:28:16 pm »

Little easy to follow map would be nice as I also take a different route each time.

Could something be 'copied' from mapquest or someone?

Martini

Take care on this - they were digging up the road big-time outside Carrefour last year to put in, I believe, the new tramlines.  So any previous 'easy' route may not be relevant.

Perhaps someone going to PQ could suss this out and report back pronto.

I may be able to look myself in 3-4 weeks time as I'll be coming back from Dordogne - depends on the timings.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2006, 06:34:42 pm »

Has anyone seen any statement as to what the length of the new cuircit will be?  I'm creating a table for speeds and lap times for inclusion in the guide and  so I need that information.
The ACO sporting regs give it as 13.650km

(the same doc also says the race starts at 4pm so its worth checking the lengh is different from last year.

Thats the same distance as last year so I'm Guessing thats wrong.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2006, 06:37:11 pm »

I'd appreciate an idiot's guide to Carrefour - I take a different route every time!  Grin

Thats half the fun of Carrefour.

Need any more help?

Little easy to follow map would be nice as I also take a different route each time.

Could something be 'copied' from mapquest or someone?

Martini

Keith is going out for pre-qual and staying out there (I'm not jealous really I'm not  Grin) so he might be able to recce the MB to Carrefour route.  TBH I'm fundementally shite at navigating - I'm a girl so I think it's allowed!!

It once took me around two hours to get from Carrefour to Houx - I though I did pretty well!!  Grin
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2006, 08:41:20 pm »

If I put a map together for Carrefour, you can prove its wrong.

The difficult thing is getting in and out of the carpark.  We need a seperate map for that, and the roads near the airport

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2006, 08:58:36 pm »

We went to Carrefour a couple of years ago, great if you need more than food and beer, but it took ages to get in, shop, que to pay and find our way out again. Dont bother now, we go the the smaller but adequate hypermarket (cant remeber its name) on the outskits of Arnage (Right at the Roundabout, head north for about 2 miles, its on the left).   
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2006, 09:23:49 pm »

Ian, it is the "Super U" at Arnage, most excellent place it is too, nice coffee shop/restaurant as well, here is their link with hot offers, good loo's as well Roll Eyes

http://www.superu-arnage.com/portailu/appmanager/PortalPortaillU/local

link also has location map
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 09:25:31 pm by Ferrari Spider » Logged
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2006, 09:58:13 pm »

We tend to use the Auchan on the other side of town as its a meeting place en route, and we buy samples of wine which if we like we stock up on.

There is also the Leclerc in Arnage, and the Champion at Mulsanne.  They are all less effort than Carrefour, with simple carparks and no magical mystery tour to get in or out

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2006, 11:04:17 pm »

We tend to use the Auchan on the other side of town as its a meeting place en route, and we buy samples of wine which if we like we stock up on.

There is also the Leclerc in Arnage, and the Champion at Mulsanne.  They are all less effort than Carrefour, with simple carparks and no magical mystery tour to get in or out

How about an 'easy to follow' guide to these places then!?
Coloured in route map would do, preferably from parking vert or to be fair to everyone from the main entrance roundabout.

Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2006, 11:09:33 pm »

Martin, the maps in the "Help" section should have all the supermarkets coordinates.  Peter
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2006, 11:14:24 pm »

here is the auchan

http://www.auchan.fr/magasin/fichesmagasins/623.asp?componentid=24219&sourcepageid=23926#2
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2006, 09:16:17 pm »

Werner

I can do a simple how to get there by public transport if you want, only from Charles De Gaulle though, and then by train or Hire car. and I can research the eurostar connection.

Stu
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2006, 06:24:50 am »

Werner

I can do a simple how to get there by public transport if you want, only from Charles De Gaulle though, and then by train or Hire car. and I can research the eurostar connection.

Stu

Great idea, Stu

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2006, 11:17:54 am »

Iv'e just posted directions to Carrefour from both sides of the track in the Help section. I'm going to work on a route marked map which will appear soon. There's also a huge Leclerc west of Le Mans at Bréguet and about 10 min's drive from Arnage. Easy to park, empty and not bad prices. I'll detail that on the map as well.

For those people running TomTom, you can download the Carrefour POI file from here. although I think the Lemans one is out slightly. I'll try and do a lemans type poi file for download.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 11:39:15 am by Stu » Logged
Dan
CA Veteran

Don P

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2006, 04:06:02 pm »

Hi mr.Werner,

Ive not been on the forum for many months but I am one of the original CA members and know JP Chenet very well having spent 2004 with his motley crew( Hi JP). Ive been to Le Mans every year since 1993 and could put together a section on the different campsites and their individual characters if you would like? if you would then give me a shout..
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2006, 06:54:16 pm »

Werner

I'll have the page(s) done by this weekend.

Stu
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: